Johnson assault clims dropped

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Johnson assault clims dropped

Postby psut1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:42 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 618782.stm

Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson will not be charged over claims he head butted a Manchester United fan in a nightclub, police have said.

The 22-year-old was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm after the incident at the 42nd Street club in the city centre in December.

The alleged victim, also aged 22, had said he was attacked after singing his team's songs with friends in the club.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said there was "insufficient evidence".

Knee ligaments

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: "Two other men, aged 21 and 22, interviewed under caution, will have no further action taken against them."

It is understood the alleged victim has since dropped his complaint.

A CPS spokesman added: "Having considered all the evidence available, the reviewing lawyer in this case concluded that there was insufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction."

Urmston-born Johnson came through the ranks at the Premier League club's academy.

He captained City's FA Youth Cup team and made his first team debut in October 2006.

He has also represented England at under-19s and under-21s level, but is currently out of action after he ruptured his knee ligaments.
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Re: Johnson assault clims dropped

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Good news for Johnson, now let's just hope he get's his head down and get's back to full fitness.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Good news for Johnson, now let's just hope he get's his head down and get's back to full fitness.

Yeah, giving northern kisses to people in nightclubs, when you are trying to get back from injury is really top news.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:20 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Good news for Johnson, now let's just hope he get's his head down and get's back to full fitness.

Yeah, giving northern kisses to people in nightclubs, when you are trying to get back from injury is really top news.

Don't know why you're being arsey with him there tbh, no need for that.
He blatently meant it was good news that the charges are being dropped.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Scatman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:22 am

did you miss the bit about him not actually doing the head butting?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:28 am

Scatman wrote:

Yeah, well what the fuck is he doing in a nightclub during the week anyway? You know the answer as well as I do.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:29 am

Scatman wrote:

Yeah, well what the fuck is he doing in a nightclub during the week anyway? You know the answer as well as I do.

fucking hell, someone is in a mood today!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:30 am

Mike J wrote:
Scatman wrote:

fucking hell, someone is in a mood today!

Haha

I'm not in a "mood". I've been pissed off for a long time that Johnson is letting all that natural talent go down the toilet.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum