Ireland to ~"!+€@ Bollocks

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ireland to ~"!+€@ Bollocks

Postby blues-clues » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:08 am

The link off the BBC website has no quotes or even sources - they seem to be linking to more an more spurious sources these days

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 618979.stm

£14m for Ireland. You are having a laugh! Berbatov was how much? Valencia was how much? £14m I don't think so.

Really want Ireland to stay and rediscover his form for us. Not much between the ears in that lad but has been part of the revolution. Would much prefer him to stay. Can't see us ever selling anyone to them.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Re: Ireland to ~"!+€@ Bollocks

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:43 am

Ireland will need to hand force his own sale through if he were to leave City this Summer - but something needs to done. He was outstanding last season and now a shadow of that.

I fear he'd go to Liverpool as a replacement for Gerrard.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:48 am

The boy is not playing well and hasn´t for some time. Therefore, charity for the lad aside, I wouldn´t ´fear`him going to anyone. Hardly like selling them Tevez or Johnson is it?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:51 am

POTS in 2008/9 and now he's not starting Matches. He wasn't being played to his strengths when he first got in the side - but we've all seen what he can do. It's a case of finding that form again.

The boy doesn't lack ability. It'd be wrong if we pushed him out of the door.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 am

If Ireland does become a mard and throw his toys out of the pram then he may force his own exit this summer, as given his rather erratic behavious in the past that isn't a reach. However City would never sell him there and as he's under long term contract we can control who we sell him too. United would never willingly sell us any of their players just the same - Tevez was out of their control hence our ability to poach him.

Do United actually have £14m plus left to splash on a player given their outlay for Smalling and the Mexican striker? Every time I see them linked with a £40m plus bid for David Villa it highlights the rubbish in print - United haven't got £40m to spend on one player and they wont pay that for a 28 year old who has little resale value for them, as financially they operate in a different stratosphere to us, ie a lower one.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:17 am

Liverpool's Solution
I've got the solution to Liverpool's problem. Buy the rejects. Players from top teams who have fallen out of favour(some more than others). Berbatov, Eduardo, J.Cole, Ireland, Van der Vaart. Although the chances of these players joining Liverpool are slim, they wouldn't cost more than £30m and the squad would be good to challenge for the league.
Dave (expecting harsh responses) Lfc

just saw this on football365.com

deluded scouse cunt
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Crossie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:52 am

Write this season off, he will bounce back again.

Like I said about Petrov, we need the numbers if we get in the Champions League and want to push for the league title next season. All hands on deck, Ireland is a quality player, who might actually be our lock picker in europe, he relatively unknown, opposition playing a different game to the premier league, so in Europe, he might well excel himself.

keep keep keep.

Stevie if you read this, your still young, your well paid, when your fit you WILL get games. Look at the big 4, they all have squads with players on the bench that should be starting every game. Stay here, you know the club inside out, the fans love you and all respect you because WE know what you can do here.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:36 am

Crossie wrote:Write this season off, he will bounce back again.

Like I said about Petrov, we need the numbers if we get in the Champions League and want to push for the league title next season. All hands on deck, Ireland is a quality player, who might actually be our lock picker in europe, he relatively unknown, opposition playing a different game to the premier league, so in Europe, he might well excel himself.

keep keep keep.

Stevie if you read this, your still young, your well paid, when your fit you WILL get games. Look at the big 4, they all have squads with players on the bench that should be starting every game. Stay here, you know the club inside out, the fans love you and all respect you because WE know what you can do here.

I'd like to hope he'll produce his best again but if it's going to be for City, he's going to have to adapt so he can produce his best football playing in different roles. I'm sure he can but I'm not sure he will.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Chinners » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:50 am

Tut tut, swearing in titles ... ;)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Geo123 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:24 am

john@staustell wrote:The boy is not playing well and hasn´t for some time. Therefore, charity for the lad aside, I wouldn´t ´fear`him going to anyone. Hardly like selling them Tevez or Johnson is it?

Is this a wind up, you said hes not playing well and hasnt for some time and them compare him two players who although have done v well have only played one season and the same could happen to next year,, johnson ffs hes played abut 15 games man
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Svensational wrote:On last seasons form I would've definately rated Ireland to be at least £20m for what prices were going round for everybody else.

This season, as hes barely played and when he has, he hasnt had much luck at all then £14m is about right? But I dont think we'd sell to those red bastards anyway.

I agree on last seasons form he's worth a lot more but on this seasons form he has certainly done us no favours.. The only way we could get a high amount is refuse to sell like Blackburn did with RSC as lets be fair we all know we got ripped off there.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum