Our Front 4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What you prefer our Front 4 to be?

AJ Tevez Ade Bellers
94%
RSC to be included
No votes
SWP to be included
2%
Petrov to be included
No votes
Ireland to be included
5%

Total votes : 66

Re: Our Front 4

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:50 am

Pretty simples really.

Ade,Bellers,AJ,Carlitos.

RSC,SWP,PETROV to come on when it needs shaking up or injury whatever.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:54 am

Svensational wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Pretty simples really.

Ade,Bellers,AJ,Carlitos.

RSC,SWP,PETROV to come on when it needs shaking up or injury whatever.

Obviously not in that formation though right?

You sort them.

Not arsed.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:54 am

And they give you poll abilities. BROKEN MCFN.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:56 am

Well my front 4 at the moment would be the one that played on Sunday so it doesn't leave me with much point for discussion really does it?!

What about asking what the choice be if Ade hadn't scored for 6 games or was having another breakdown & Bellamy's knee had gone?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby simon12 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:57 am

Bellers,Ade,Carlitos,AJ.

Done
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:57 am

Slim wrote:And they give you poll abilities. BROKEN MCFN.

Exactly

How about:

Is the Pope;

a) Muslim
b) Buddhist
c) Catholic
d) Jewish

Please vote
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:22 am

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Well my front 4 at the moment would be the one that played on Sunday so it doesn't leave me with much point for discussion really does it?!

What about asking what the choice be if Ade hadn't scored for 6 games or was having another breakdown & Bellamy's knee had gone?

If thats the case then the obvious choice would be

AJ Tevez RSC SWP IMO?

john@staustell wrote:

Exactly

How about:

Is the Pope;

a) Muslim
b) Buddhist
c) Catholic
d) Jewish

Please vote

In may be an obvious answer because of recent form, but the question is what would be your preferred selection in general, regardless of recent form.

It´s not really about recent form mate. Petrov, RSC and especially SWP are all very poor substitutes for the other 4.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:26 am

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Well my front 4 at the moment would be the one that played on Sunday so it doesn't leave me with much point for discussion really does it?!

If thats the case then the obvious choice would be

AJ Tevez RSC SWP IMO?

Maybe, or 4-3-3 with Ireland instead of SWP.

My point in the other thread was how we shouldn't take the piss out of RSC because he could be a very important player for us IF FIT. Otherwise we may have to sign someone like him.

If you take it a step further to next season & we're going for 4 trophies, we can't keep putting out the 1st choice front 4 (or they may not be 1st choice anymore if some of them lose form) so we need to be able to start a fair percentage of games with an alternative strikeforce. That could be 1 new striker + RSC if he proves his fitness. If we sign 2 new strikers they may all end up causing shit through lack of games. RSC is a team player.

We've lost/drawn games this season due to teams parking the bus & us failing to break it down. Being able to change the style of play from flicks/passes to bombing crosses into the box would be a big asset. For that we need people who produce quality balls in & someone like RSC.

Imagine a further possibility, Tevez rested, 2 quality wingers, RSC, Ade up front. 4-3-3 with 2 quality attacking fullbacks putting crosses in, RSC with Ade Tevez up front, Ireland (Hamsik) attacking midfield behind.

It's all about options & we have a top player of his kind who may not be Ian Rush in front of goal but he's not Vassell either. IF we can get him fit he could really do a good job for us next season, alongside whoever, when needed.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:42 am

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
It's all about options & we have a top player of his kind who may not be Ian Rush in front of goal but he's not Vassell either. IF we can get him fit he could really do a good job for us next season, alongside whoever, when needed.

That was my point though Ted, I did agree with this. All I was saying was that he ISNT good enough for our starting XI, if hes happy to sit on the bench then fair doos.

I think that depends on which version of Ade turns up though. The current one played better for us on Sunday than Drogba did last night & would get in any team in the PL. A few weeks ago though, even though he was still getting slated by some on here, RSC was playing a lot better than Ade has on many occasions this season & even now still links up with Tevez better imo, although there was a big improvement there with Ade/Tevez on Sunday.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sandman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:45 am

john@staustell wrote:

Exactly

How about:

Is the Pope;

a) Muslim
b) Buddhist
c) Catholic
d) Jewish

Please vote

Isnt he an islamic swedish furniture manufacturer working for Alkea?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 am

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

That was my point though Ted, I did agree with this. All I was saying was that he ISNT good enough for our starting XI, if hes happy to sit on the bench then fair doos.

I think that depends on which version of Ade turns up though. The current one played better for us on Sunday than Drogba did last night & would get in any team in the PL. A few weeks ago though, even though he was still getting slated by some on here, RSC was playing a lot better than Ade has on many occasions this season & even now still links up with Tevez better imo, although there was a big improvement there with Ade/Tevez on Sunday.

Dont get me wrong, I heaped praise on RSC after that game at Fulham when he was on the scoresheet inside 5minutes, even if it was an easy goal, he had a good game. Even if we have played Burnley and Birmingham in a row, Ade has looked awesome in both games. I think because Ade was at the African Nations and then when he returned he played 2-3 before he was then suspended for 4games, I think hes bounced back into great form in this past couple of weeks.

RSC however is itching for his chance in the starting XI and for the remainding games we have, I really cant see him getting a start now unless we have already secured 4th, before we head to West Ham.

Not unless we get injuries. I could however see him coming on & scoring the winner. Just as an anoraky aside; Johnson played a diagonal ball from a free kick 2nd half which went to Ade at the near post (right side of goal), he tried to volley it as it came over his shoulder. THAT is the area Blackburn used to play the ball in to RSC from free kicks & he'd get accross people (such as Dunne in our case) & either score a header or flick it into the 6 yard box. If we're going to start those kind of moves, I recon RSC will become a lot more effective. No one at the club had the ability/brains to deliver that ball before Johnson came.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 am

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Not unless we get injuries. I could however see him coming on & scoring the winner. Just as an anoraky aside; Johnson played a diagonal ball from a free kick 2nd half which went to Ade at the near post (right side of goal), he tried to volley it as it came over his shoulder. THAT is the area Blackburn used to play the ball in to RSC from free kicks & he'd get accross people (such as Dunne in our case) & either score a header or flick it into the 6 yard box. If we're going to start those kind of moves, I recon RSC will become a lot more effective. No one at the club had the ability/brains to deliver that ball before Johnson came.

Agree, AJ has some sweet left foot and the crosses the front men are now recieving from him and Bellers are just quality. When I watched RSC at Blackburn in his first season he was awesome, but then of course injuries got to him. If Tevez or Ade was to pick an injury up now in the next couple of weeks, I have every confidence in RSC stepping upto the challenge. But I still dont feel THAT confident that he can take us forward as a starting XI striker.

Well if we're going to try & win the chumps league you wouldn't expect RSC to be starting too many games no but when we play Wigan 3 days later he could be ideal when we rest the midweek players.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:17 am

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Agree, AJ has some sweet left foot and the crosses the front men are now recieving from him and Bellers are just quality. When I watched RSC at Blackburn in his first season he was awesome, but then of course injuries got to him. If Tevez or Ade was to pick an injury up now in the next couple of weeks, I have every confidence in RSC stepping upto the challenge. But I still dont feel THAT confident that he can take us forward as a starting XI striker.

Well if we're going to try & win the chumps league you wouldn't expect RSC to be starting too many games no but when we play Wigan 3 days later he could be ideal when we rest the midweek players.

Spot on, now we are getting somewhere :-) Perfect example of what I see Mancini using RSC for if and say IF we make the champions league (fingers crossed) as we've seen already this season, everytime U***d have had a champions league game in midweek a couple of days after at the weekend they have failed to pick up points because they have played the same players who played in midweek, therefore if we have the squad depth this would work perfectly for us.

They're the last team to have a genuine 4 pronged squad of varied interchangable strikers & when they had it they won the treble with it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby TonyM » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:21 am

Once Ireland is fit I'd have him ahead of Bellamy. Bellamy is effective at many things but is guilty of keeping his head down sometimes and being unable to link play. I'd prefer Ireland myself. But it'll always be horse for courses right.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Decided i wanted to see the more obvious combinations written out to look at.

I think we will buy another good defending attacker, but if we didn't we could end up using some of these combinations next season as we rest players or keep them fit for other games etc

from Bellemy - Petrov - Tevez - Ade - RSC - AJ - Ireland - SWP

Tevez & Ade combos - current line up working best so far
Bellemy - Tevez - Ade - AJ
Bellemy - Tevez - Ade - SWP
AJ - Tevez - Ade - SWP
Petrov - Tevez - Ade - AJ
Petrov - Tevez - Ade - SWP

Ireland & Ade combos
Bellemy - Ireland - Ade - AJ
Bellemy - Ireland - Ade - SWP
AJ - Ireland - Ade - SWP
Petrov - Ireland - Ade - AJ
Petrov - Ireland - Ade - SWP

Tevez & RSC combos
Bellemy - Tevez - RSC - AJ
Bellemy - Tevez - RSC - SWP
AJ - Tevez - RSC - SWP
Petrov - Tevez - RSC - AJ
Petrov - Tevez - RSC - SWP

Ireland & RSC combos
Bellemy - Ireland - RSC - AJ
Bellemy - Ireland - RSC - SWP
AJ - Ireland - RSC - SWP
Petrov - Ireland - RSC - AJ
Petrov - Ireland - RSC - SWP

Tevez & Ireland combos
Bellemy - Tevez - Ireland - AJ
Bellemy - Tevez - Ireland - SWP
AJ - Tevez - Ireland - SWP
Petrov - Tevez - Ireland - AJ
Petrov - Tevez - Ireland - SWP

Ade & RSC combos
Bellemy - RSC - Ade - AJ
Bellemy - RSC - Ade - SWP
AJ - RSC - Ade - SWP
Petrov - RSC - Ade - AJ
Petrov - RSC - Ade - SWP
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Done

AJ, Tevez, Ade, Bellers.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby xavi6 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:53 pm

I'd play -

------------------De Jong------------------

Johnson---------Ireland----------Bellamy

-----------Adebayor-------Tevez---------

With maybe Barry in for Ireland for the away games. Superman would thrive in that sort of attacking side.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:30 pm

The answer to the question is obviously pretty easy ( at least for the sane amongst us) but the key for top quality teams is to have quality back up for the awesome first team. The question therefore for me is are SWP/Petrov/RSC and Stevie good enough as back up /replacements?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby saulman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Option 1.

If it's not broke........................
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:13 pm

To be honest, I'm just glad that the 'AJ' moniker has conquered that supergash 'Jinky' atrocity.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum