Alex McLeish

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Alex McLeish

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:24 am

When will that ginger twat shut up about Joe Hart allegedly not wanting to come back to City?
Doing my head in!

http://www.thepost.ie/breakingnews/sport/eyojmhideysn/

Hart won't want to be City No 2: McLeish
14/04/2010 - 10:36:06

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish believes on-loan keeper Joe Hart will find it “very difficult” if he has to return to Manchester City and be second choice to Shay Given next season.

Hart has excelled during his temporary spell at Blues and emerged as a strong contender to be part of England’s World Cup squad.

McLeish would like to retain the services of Hart for another 12 months although he accepts Roberto Mancini will have the final say on the matter.

But he believes the former Shrewsbury player would struggle to come to terms with being on the substitutes’ bench at Eastlands after what he has achieved at Birmingham this season.

McLeish said: “It will great to get an early nod on Joe from City because we wouldn’t want to be going into the May-June period thinking that Joe is going to be coming back here – when he is not.

“We have to get an answer from City quite soon – and I am sure Joe wants an answer as well.

“Manchester City have every right to answer when they want to. He is their player and they maybe don’t have their plans fully in place yet. I can totally understand that.

Click Here!

“I am being selfish for Birmingham and they are doing it for Manchester City reasons so it is a difficult one. Joe is unfortunately caught in the middle of it.”

McLeish added: “I know managers can’t think about one player and one team. You have to think about the whole team and the whole club and you have to have a vision for the whole club.

“But the human element in me says a player of Joe’s magnitute, after what he has done this season, will find it very difficult to be sitting on someone’s bench next season regardless of maybe getting a pay hike.

“I just don’t see it in that guy’s nature to put up with that but it will be someone else’s problem if that is the decision Manchester City make.”

Meanwhile Birmingham’s number two keeper Maik Taylor has vowed to carry on playing “as long as the enjoyment is still there” as he prepares for new contract talks at the age of 38.

Northern Ireland international Taylor has lost his first team spot this season to Hart but is keen to remain with Blues.

He said: “The minute I don’t enjoy going in day to day and training, is the day I will pack up. It’s not necessarily about playing at the weekend. It’s about enjoying going to work every day which is your bread and butter.”
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Re: Alex McLeish

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:36 am

avoidconfusion wrote:When will that ginger twat shut up about Joe Hart allegedly not wanting to come back to City?
Doing my head in!

http://www.thepost.ie/breakingnews/sport/eyojmhideysn/

Hart won't want to be City No 2: McLeish
14/04/2010 - 10:36:06

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish believes on-loan keeper Joe Hart will find it “very difficult” if he has to return to Manchester City and be second choice to Shay Given next season.

Hart has excelled during his temporary spell at Blues and emerged as a strong contender to be part of England’s World Cup squad.

McLeish would like to retain the services of Hart for another 12 months although he accepts Roberto Mancini will have the final say on the matter.

But he believes the former Shrewsbury player would struggle to come to terms with being on the substitutes’ bench at Eastlands after what he has achieved at Birmingham this season.

McLeish said: “It will great to get an early nod on Joe from City because we wouldn’t want to be going into the May-June period thinking that Joe is going to be coming back here – when he is not.

“We have to get an answer from City quite soon – and I am sure Joe wants an answer as well.

“Manchester City have every right to answer when they want to. He is their player and they maybe don’t have their plans fully in place yet. I can totally understand that.

Click Here!

“I am being selfish for Birmingham and they are doing it for Manchester City reasons so it is a difficult one. Joe is unfortunately caught in the middle of it.”

McLeish added: “I know managers can’t think about one player and one team. You have to think about the whole team and the whole club and you have to have a vision for the whole club.

“But the human element in me says a player of Joe’s magnitute, after what he has done this season, will find it very difficult to be sitting on someone’s bench next season regardless of maybe getting a pay hike.

“I just don’t see it in that guy’s nature to put up with that but it will be someone else’s problem if that is the decision Manchester City make.”

Meanwhile Birmingham’s number two keeper Maik Taylor has vowed to carry on playing “as long as the enjoyment is still there” as he prepares for new contract talks at the age of 38.

Northern Ireland international Taylor has lost his first team spot this season to Hart but is keen to remain with Blues.

He said: “The minute I don’t enjoy going in day to day and training, is the day I will pack up. It’s not necessarily about playing at the weekend. It’s about enjoying going to work every day which is your bread and butter.”

Tbf I think he said most of that stuff weeks ago & they've tagged it on to the bits about Maik Taylor to make it more interesting. Agree he should keep his gob shut if is talking about Hart again though. Otherwise we should tell him Joe is going elsewhere if we do loan him out.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:06 pm

thats exactly what we should do, ban him from going back to Brum
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:07 pm

I think West Brom might be in need of a top keeper next term.

McLeish wants to play these fucking games, let's play.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:40 pm

I think that's good news. McLeish clearly doesn't want Hart to go which indicates that he thinks he's a Top Keeper.

Given has been my hero since he's come to City - but if we want to be serious next season then we need two for every position.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Esky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:43 pm

I don't see what the problem is. Essential to Birmingham not suffering second season syndrome is the triangle of Dann, Johnson and Hart.

Joe would be the most important signing McLeish would make over the summer. Reverse the roles and we'd want him doing everything he could to sure it up as soon as possible.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Esky wrote:I don't see what the problem is. Essential to Birmingham not suffering second season syndrome is the triangle of Dann, Johnson and Hart.

Joe would be the most important signing McLeish would make over the summer. Reverse the roles and we'd want him doing everything he could to sure it up as soon as possible.

He is doing essentially what Hughes was vilified for over Lescott.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Esky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:06 pm

Slim wrote:
Esky wrote:I don't see what the problem is. Essential to Birmingham not suffering second season syndrome is the triangle of Dann, Johnson and Hart.

I didn't have a problem with that one either.

btajim wrote:I think that's good news. McLeish clearly doesn't want Hart to go which indicates that he thinks he's a Top Keeper.

Given has been my hero since he's come to City - but if we want to be serious next season then we need two for every position.

Disagree with that sorry. Few - if any - of the major clubs have two keepers of equal quality in their squads. Chelsea had Cech and Cudicini, but that's perhaps the exception. Almunia/Fabianski, VDS/Foster and Reina/???. Who's back up to Casillas at Real, Valdes at Barca, Cesar at Inter?

In any other position the two player idea works well because there's a need for rotation throughout the season. You can't really do that with keepers. For us, then, I don't see how we can keep both Hart and Given here next year.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Slim wrote:

I do not remember Mark Hughes talking much about Lescott in the press at all. We lodged several bids but we did not talk about them like McLeish is talking about Hart now.

The Gollum twat was the one running his mouth about how we keep bidding for Lescott, not us.

What really does my head in is how McLeish claims he is speaking on Joe Hart's behalf like when he said he would be heartbroken and devastated if he had to go back to City and not play every game.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Return to The Maine Football forum