Red Knights close on United bid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Red Knights close on United bid

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Sky Sports News understands the group considering a bid to take over Manchester United are hopeful the terms of an offer will be finalised this week.

The Red Knights strategy group is meeting on Wednesday to tempt wealthy investors to join them and there remains every expectation that a formal offer will be made at the end of the season.

Sky Sports News' chief news reporter Bryan Swanson understands the Red Knights are more confident that, following the club's recent exit from the UEFA Champions League, the true value of the club has decreased and all major issues facing the club suggest downside risks.

It is believed negotiations with potential investors include the possibility of keeping the ₤500m bond raised by Manchester United supporters.

It is understood the group has not been put off by the Glazer family's insistence that the club are "not for sale" and the group believe a credible bid will be put together.

Probably bullshit since it's a 'Sky Sports News understands' but if not then i hope the Glazers decide not to sell.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Red Knights close on U***d bid

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:45 pm

These reds just don't get it do they !

Glasers conned their way into getting the money at outrageous interests rates and loaded the club up with debt afterwards.

Unless the big 'financiers' are going to forego any interest on their loans , or captial , or whatever they want to to call it. OR, the Glasers sell up just to get out at a cheap price , United are still going to have to pay a high price.

The shares were way too high in price when Glasers bought in originally. and now they try to get their money back by
quadrupling all kinds of charges for items of United memorabilia or ticket prices. Crickey to go to one of their
games with a hospitality package costs 300 quid per person ! and thats for the worst teams in the league.
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:47 pm

So to summarise

They don't have the investors on board

They don't have the funds in place

They think the club has been devalued which means they are crossing their fingers that a cheeky low bid may work (yeah righto)

The Glazers with the refinancing earlier this year are under no pressure to sell especially as the club can now be used to pay off their own personal debts

The Glazers are making a small fortune on the mark up for yellow and green scarves

Can see this ending well for the Red Knights. Not.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Wait, scum supporters have raised £500M?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Just read they think a bid of £700m will be enough - yeah right.

They need to go well over £1billion to even get the The Glazers to tweak their ears as any bid has to be in the Glazers interests, not The Barron Knights fanciful idea of reality.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:07 pm

....yeah plus the "we want every member to invest £25.00 each" ....The biggest advanced fee fraud the world have ever seen.

This is probably being run from Lagos
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dario2739 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Everytime a figure is bandied about for the rags it's usually in the region of £1billion - now if you take into consideration that the refinancing they recently did which basically makes them the Glaziers personal ATM machine, i'd say the GAY Barons will have to offer double that for the Glaziers to accept!
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:02 pm

dario2739 wrote:Everytime a figure is bandied about for the rags it's usually in the region of £1billion - now if you take into consideration that the refinancing they recently did which basically makes them the Glaziers personal ATM machine, i'd say the GAY Barons will have to offer double that for the Glaziers to accept!

HAHA, i'm having that one quality.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby david yearsley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Manx Blue wrote:....yeah plus the "we want every member to invest £25.00 each" ....The biggest advanced fee fraud the world have ever seen.

Ha ha ! The rags and a Ponzi scheme - that would be fookin funny - maybe Bernie can be persuaded to run it from his cell ;P
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:45 pm

david yearsley wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:....yeah plus the "we want every member to invest £25.00 each" ....The biggest advanced fee fraud the world have ever seen.

Ha ha ! The rags and a Ponzi scheme - that would be fookin funny - maybe Bernie can be persuaded to run it from his cell ;P

Hahaha Bernie the Bolt , Funny how all this so called good news and Tevez bashing Mancini comes the week of the Derby
Fukin Sky Sucks News Understands .... Wankers
carolina-blue

Postby Crossie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:44 pm

It just wont happen.

But what will happen if they raise 500, 700, 1 billion, and the Glazers still wont sell? Does everyone get their £25 back?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby bluechester » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Crossie wrote:It just wont happen.

But what will happen if they raise 500, 700, 1 billion, and the Glazers still wont sell? Does everyone get their £25 back?

was thinking the same sounds like a big scam
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:31 pm

Whats the point?? They not only would have to raise enough to pay the munichs debt but then have to pay enough to make the glazers sell as lets be honest here you think the Glazers would sell and be out of pocket? So if they 500 million in debt there is no way in hell they will sell for 500 million (not sure how much they in debt just using it as a figure). They are deluded really as they think they can just offer to pay the debt and the glazers will be happy with that. The glazers would only sell if they got stupid profits and its not gonna happen they making a small fortune each year while the clubs burning holes in the ground. Eventually it will go tits up but by then they will have made hundreds of millions for them and they won't give a shit and will probably sell it then free of debt in the championship.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 am

... yeah - delicious thought isn't it
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sweenyuk » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:10 am

If they get enough money together to buy the club and pay off the debt, they will still have no money to buy players, so what are they going to do then, sell the family jewels or go into debt again..??
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby btajim » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:51 am

They're deluded. What assurance do they have that the "Red Knights" will be a significantly better Ownership of the Club than the Glazers are? All prospective Chairmen promise the Earth yet few deliver it.

A good way to wind up RAGs is to ask them why the Glazers would be mad enough to sell such a Cash Cow. You should then explain in detail how the Glazers are profiting from the Club - yet do it with a straight face. Pretend to be concerned, too.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Vhero » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:54 am

sweenyuk wrote:If they get enough money together to buy the club and pay off the debt, they will still have no money to buy players, so what are they going to do then, sell the family jewels or go into debt again..??

Exactly they would have to get a loan to buy players and it all starts again..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:08 am

The mission of our agents Glazer is not yet finished. They wont sell for years yet. Not until they´re in the Championship.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Vhero » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:35 am

john@staustell wrote:The mission of our agents Glazer is not yet finished. They wont sell for years yet. Not until they´re in the Championship.

They will do a portsmouth I'm thinking before they sell they will let the club go into debt so much they go bust as really it wont effect there personal fortunes and it will wipe there debts clean. Once that's happened they will either sell or be back to full force within a couple of years. So if you think about it in a twisted way them going bust is the last thing we want.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:47 am

The scum were a bloated fat cow with amazing turnover and limited asset value, the glazers are using it to siphon off money and fill their own pockets. They won't kill the cow but they will drain the fucker for all it's worth.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum