dazby's diary

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

dazby's diary

Postby dazby » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:21 pm

Ok, now that I'm at Fuey's on a computer that doesn't charge me 10p per minute I can fill in some blanks.

I demand that Zoona Zoo Blue be given immediate legend status despite the fact he doesn't post anymore. On Monday he gave me a City experience no other fan will ever get.

I showed up at 9:45 and got taken into the dressing rooms to put on a training kit. We then went to the warm up room to warm up. Then, we were led out to the field and briefed on our task. We is myself, and 6 other City staff members (including Tim Oscroft from the OS) who answered an email saying they were fit and prepared to do some running for the club.

It turned out we were assisting Prozone. Prozone are the company that provide stats on the distances players cover during a game. Strangely enough, they have only ever tested their equipment once. We were the second, after all these years. They are looking at improving the info they give clubs and want to ensure the info they give is acccurate.

To do this we do some running between markers on the field and are timed. We ran at various speeds with the focus of the drills being on the accuracy of the equipment. Believe it or not, I got a wee bit sunburnt during this session. Took a couple of snaps too which will be uploaded to Facebook when I get home.

Anyways, a couple of hours later Zoona Zoo gives me a tour of the ground, I give a press conference calling Fergie a twat, accept my man of the match award interview with grace and charisma and any other stuff a mature 38 year old would get up to. haha

It was here that I found out about the dark blue away kit for next season.

Then we went to the club shop and upon leaving I got interviewed by Sky sports!!! I said I was from Brisbane and they said it was ok as they had just been to the swamp and couldn't find any locals there either. haha Turns out they didn't use my grabs anyway, bastards.

All in all, a wonderful City experience that I will never forget.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Re: dazby's diary

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:34 pm

dazby wrote:Ok, now that I'm at Fuey's on a computer that doesn't charge me 10p per minute I can fill in some blanks.

I demand that Zoona Zoo Blue be given immediate legend status despite the fact he doesn't post anymore. On Monday he gave me a City experience no other fan will ever get.

I showed up at 9:45 and got taken into the dressing rooms to put on a training kit. We then went to the warm up room to warm up. Then, we were led out to the field and briefed on our task. We is myself, and 6 other City staff members (including Tim Oscroft from the OS) who answered an email saying they were fit and prepared to do some running for the club.

It turned out we were assisting Prozone. Prozone are the company that provide stats on the distances players cover during a game. Strangely enough, they have only ever tested their equipment once. We were the second, after all these years. They are looking at improving the info they give clubs and want to ensure the info they give is acccurate.

To do this we do some running between markers on the field and are timed. We ran at various speeds with the focus of the drills being on the accuracy of the equipment. Believe it or not, I got a wee bit sunburnt during this session. Took a couple of snaps too which will be uploaded to Facebook when I get home.

Anyways, a couple of hours later Zoona Zoo gives me a tour of the ground, I give a press conference calling Fergie a twat, accept my man of the match award interview with grace and charisma and any other stuff a mature 38 year old would get up to. haha

Then we went to the club shop and upon leaving I got interviewed by Sky sports!!! I said I was from Brisbane and they said it was ok as they had just been to the swamp and couldn't find any locals there either. haha Turns out they didn't use my grabs anyway, bastards.

tease.

nice one dazzer.. sounds fantastic. did you vid any of it?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby spiv » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:34 pm

It's good that you are enjoying it, there's plenty more to come.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay Daz, and got a bit of decent mancunian weather with it
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blues-clues » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Hey Dazby if the volcano in Iceland keeps going you may be here until the end of the season!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby spiv » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:41 pm

blues-clues wrote:Hey Dazby if the volcano in Iceland keeps going you may be here until the end of the season!

Ha ha stop it, that's what the Australians normaly do. They come over here for a couple of weeks and then two years later they're still working in a redback or walkabout pub in shephards bush.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Chinners » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Quality stuff Dazby ... I feel your excitement!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby King Kev » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:43 pm

dazby wrote:Ok, now that I'm at Fuey's on a computer that doesn't charge me 10p per minute I can fill in some blanks.

Fuclin hell mate, you are certainly packing plenty into this trip. Great to hear you are having so much fun with us Poms.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby btajim » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 pm

dazby wrote:I demand that Zoona Zoo Blue be given immediate legend status despite the fact he doesn't post anymore. On Monday he gave me a City experience no other fan will ever get.

Agreed. Some of this should go on the City Site. It's becoming more Supporter orientated now.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby simon12 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:03 pm

btajim wrote:
dazby wrote:I demand that Zoona Zoo Blue be given immediate legend status despite the fact he doesn't post anymore. On Monday he gave me a City experience no other fan will ever get.

Agreed. Some of this should go on the City Site. It's becoming more Supporter orientated now.

Thats a good call Jim he may not have won the comp but the fact he`s here doing all this should be recognised for effort alone...Chris Neild sort this out.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Beeks » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:15 pm

And you've still got the derby to come!

Living the dream Dazza..living the dream

See you Saturday mate
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 pm

That sounded more like a dream than reality Dazzer mate, are you sure you are actually in Manchester?

Good to see you are having a great time, but pray-tell, what's all this about a dark blue shirt ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Sounds like youre havin a great time!!Its also good to see feiiow blues lookin out for eachother.

What about this dark blue kit for next season?? Is it hush hush?What is it like?
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goataldo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Truly amazing stuff! Sounds superb.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:04 pm

You lucky bastard to get there before all of tha tshite dust.

Glad your enjoying the trip mate! =)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ashton287 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:37 pm

next years away kit?????? more information please
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby MelbourneBlue » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:41 pm

I hate you Daz...remember, WE were supposed to be there, courtesy of the Coming Home Comp.
Im still disappointed...but glad you are having a great time.

Will you be coming down to Melbourne for the Oz vs NZ game?
MelbourneBlue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Whassat » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:59 pm

I really envy you. I do. Bastid ;)
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:07 pm

ashton287 wrote:next years away kit?????? more information please

just be glad it ain't purple.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:49 pm

ashton287 wrote:next years away kit?????? more information please

That's all I've got mate. The other info I gleaned was from things previously mentioned on this site. I'll share it when it comes up.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum