Should I move for the Derby?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Should I move for the Derby?

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:24 am

Right guys Im in block 123 of the colin bell stand for the derby as the lieing person at the ticket office told me there wasnt a SINGLE seat in the entire east stand on the day they went on sale.

Im really looking forward to the match but dread being in a block where im the only one wanted to actually support my team on derby team. The last time I was in the bell stand it was shocking, but then i was in the east stand for the cup semi final (in the middle) and that was the worst derby atmosphere i have ever seen (and that was out first semi final in god knows when!)

Im debatin whether to walk all the way around and get in block 111. But it will be a shitter view and the rags will know doubt be chucking things again.

This is problem that needs to be sorted out by the way; I was in 110/109 on sunday; it was decent early on but quite a few people still fucked off to 111 to stand up and there was lots of empty seats in my block. Im happy to spread the noise and do my bit in the bell stand, but dont want to feel a prick singing by myself. If something doesnt change, I can see a situation where thousands of blues move to 111 and the one above and theres empty spaces and no noise throughout the rest of the ground.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Should I move for the Derby?

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:25 am

This all sounds vaguely familiar...

Nick wrote:typical, when im sat in the colin bell for this one as the day seats went on sale i was told EVERY SINGLE seat in the east stand was sold out, even single seats... I smelt bullshit!

Have the colin bell stand got too many books to read and prawn sandwiches to unrap to join in ;-)..... They remind me of when i watched england v hungary at the swamp and the whole main stand wouldnt join in the mexican waves and kept getting booed lol.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:28 am

yeah? I didnt know how far I was in the middle of the stand and im starting to dread it! I thought i'd be in the corner which isn't as bad. Main stands have always been shit. I remember being in the main stand at maine road because I couldnt get a ticket anywhere else.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:29 am

You should PM zuri, he has a bunch of tickets.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:47 am

Is there actually anyone who has a spare ticket? Because my mate really needs one...

Imagine if i had to do some of the journeys some of the blues are doing, I mean driving from scandinavia for fucks sake!!!! And then you get to your seat and its like a morgue!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:55 am

Nick wrote:Im really looking forward to the match but dread being in a block where im the only one wanted to actually support my team on derby team.

So, because people aren't shouting their heads off, they're not supporting the team.

Is that what you're saying?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:57 am

Nick wrote:Is there actually anyone who has a spare ticket? Because my mate really needs one...

Imagine if i had to do some of the journeys some of the blues are doing, I mean driving from scandinavia for fucks sake!!!! And then you get to your seat and its like a morgue!

Imagine if they were just happy to be part of a derby day, and didnt spend their time bitching about fellow fans.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:58 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Nick wrote:Im really looking forward to the match but dread being in a block where im the only one wanted to actually support my team on derby team.

So, because people aren't shouting their heads off, they're not supporting the team.

If people are sitting down in silence for 90 mins while other lads are trying to vocally support the team, then no, there not supporting the team? Please tell me how they are? Just because they pay the money? I have a shitload of blue mates who would give anything to get a ticket, and they'd actually be useful at getting behind the team!

I have Hughes, Mancio, Zaba and Tevez on my wave length! I think its embarassing that Tevez and Zabba have to gesture to the fans to wake up so much.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:11 pm

Nick wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:

If people are sitting down in silence for 90 mins while other lads are trying to vocally support the team, then no, there not supporting the team? Please tell me how they are? Just because they pay the money? I have a shitload of blue mates who would give anything to get a ticket, and they'd actually be useful at getting behind the team!

I have Hughes, Mancio, Zaba and Tevez on my wave length! I think its embarassing that Tevez and Zabba have to gesture to the fans to wake up so much.

I just don't think shouting means you are supporting the team better.

I certainly would never say that someone who wasn't shouting doesn't support the team. Pretty blinkered view imo.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:19 pm

I think shouting and singing are different things, I just wonder where the passion is sometimes... Im probably too passionate but I cant help it.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:25 pm

People express their "passion" and support in many different ways. Check out block 123 if a goal goes in or the ref makes a shocker of a decision, or if Neville the troll walks past and you may see a reaction or too.

Perhaps if you took a break from slagging off City fans who actually DO bother to turn up at the ground, that might be a good thing.

I sit in the family stand with my two young kids, and I've read in here in the past people slagging off the North Stand for lack of atmosphere; that might be because there are a lot of young kids in there who are the next generation of our support, and deserve to watch a game without people swearing every third word right in front of them.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:I sit in the family stand with my two young kids, and I've read in here in the past people slagging off the North Stand for lack of atmosphere; that might be because there are a lot of young kids in there who are the next generation of our support, and deserve to watch a game without people swearing every third word right in front of them.

Surely it's possible to create an atmosphere without swearing? Different parts of the ground for different types of Fans, IMHO.

Fully agree with a singing area.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:54 pm

btajim wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:I sit in the family stand with my two young kids, and I've read in here in the past people slagging off the North Stand for lack of atmosphere; that might be because there are a lot of young kids in there who are the next generation of our support, and deserve to watch a game without people swearing every third word right in front of them.

Surely it's possible to create an atmosphere without swearing? Different parts of the ground for different types of Fans, IMHO.

Fully agree with a singing area.

Oh I agree with a singing area, what I dont agree with is parts of our ground or fans being slagged off - at least they bother to turn up!

James - next time you are at City and the crowd and atmosphere is good, note the language around you; once you start taking kids (mine are age 9 and 7) to a game you notice the amount of swearing, which is often constant, a whole lot more. Different sections of the ground have different kinds of support, different strokes for different folks so to speak.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:57 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:James - next time you are at City and the crowd and atmosphere is good, note the language around you; once you start taking kids (mine are age 9 and 7) to a game you notice the amount of swearing, which is often constant, a whole lot more. Different sections of the ground have different kinds of support, different strokes for different folks so to speak.

I barely swear myself (anymore) but I solidly wouldn't take my non-existant Kids to a Match until they were old enough to be OK with the whole day. The Family Stand is perfect for your situation.

Interestingly, I once objected to younger ones being in 116 / 117 and was ganged up on by angry Parents in Cyber Space.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:02 pm

btajim wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:James - next time you are at City and the crowd and atmosphere is good, note the language around you; once you start taking kids (mine are age 9 and 7) to a game you notice the amount of swearing, which is often constant, a whole lot more. Different sections of the ground have different kinds of support, different strokes for different folks so to speak.

I barely swear myself (anymore) but I solidly wouldn't take my non-existant Kids to a Match until they were old enough to be OK with the whole day. The Family Stand is perfect for your situation.

Interestingly, I once objected to younger ones being in 116 / 117 and was ganged up on by angry Parents in Cyber Space.

I used to sit in 109 in the East Stand but moved to the Family Stand the moment I started taking my kids, and yes it is largely perfect now and safe in there for them both and they already love the matchday ritual - my indoctination is almost complete!

I wouldn't take kids the ages mine are into The South Stand to be honest but thats not to say anything agaisnt that Stand as it does tend to generate most of the noise at games these days. There's a place for all ages of folks at City is what Im trying to say, in a roundabout way. If I was going without my kids I'd probably be in the South Stand now myself, and indeed have a few mates who are Seasoncard holders in there.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby simon12 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Nick wrote:Right guys Im in block 123 of the colin bell stand for the derby as the lieing person at the ticket office told me there wasnt a SINGLE seat in the entire east stand on the day they went on sale.

Im really looking forward to the match but dread being in a block where im the only one wanted to actually support my team on derby team. The last time I was in the bell stand it was shocking, but then i was in the east stand for the cup semi final (in the middle) and that was the worst derby atmosphere i have ever seen (and that was out first semi final in god knows when!)

Im debatin whether to walk all the way around and get in block 111. But it will be a shitter view and the rags will know doubt be chucking things again.

This is problem that needs to be sorted out by the way; I was in 110/109 on sunday; it was decent early on but quite a few people still fucked off to 111 to stand up and there was lots of empty seats in my block. Im happy to spread the noise and do my bit in the bell stand, but dont want to feel a prick singing by myself. If something doesnt change, I can see a situation where thousands of blues move to 111 and the one above and theres empty spaces and no noise throughout the rest of the ground.

Chill out Nick. I`m in 125. we sing on Derby day plus i have streamers so it`s all good.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:35 pm

I didn't realise kids had to go to football matches to learn how to swear these days. What is the world coming to?

I'm with Nick btw. If any of you can't be arsed giving the team some vocal support, I hope you get replaced by as soon as possible people who will. You're a waste of space.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:40 pm

btajim wrote:

Agree with this. I admit my language gets terrible at matches and i try to stop it when theres kids/ women about, but im always in east stand next to the singing section, so my opinion is dont take ur kids there if there not ready to hear that. But at the end of the day its football, i grew up hearing all kinds at maine road. The kids in 110 last week were loving it that we were jumping up and singing.

Its fair enough to have different parts of the ground for different people, but i KNOW theres thousands of blues with season tickets in other parts of the ground, where just one or two singing would make it for them. It is impossible to get seats in the atmosphere block beacause everyone wants to be there so that says alot. And like I said above we dont want it to come to a point where people are leaving there seats in the east stand to all go and crowd in 111.

As I said before, I am in the colin bell stand, not where I would normally be / nor where I choose. People keep telling me the atmosphere will be electric wherever because its derby day but I just have bad memories of sitting round there. I keep banging on it about, but if we create the atmosphere BEFORE the game, it transmits to players. Im sick of people saying city need to score 3 or 4 before the atmosphere starts.

I mean its united ffs, We could be 4-0 down in 10 mins, then what happens? silence for 80 mins? Im the type of city fan that probably sings even more if were getting beat.

The ''lucky to be there'' thing works both ways. Im paying my money and want to be with like minded city fans that have passion for the team and give them the support they need to beat the rags. I have many many mates that cant go because of money/ cant get tickets and there people that would actually contribute to the atmosphere.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Return to The Maine Football forum