Bin Dippers Red Owners Put Club Up For Sale

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bin Dippers Red Owners Put Club Up For Sale

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Barclays Capital is to advise Liverpool on the sale of the club and Martin Broughton has been appointed as a new chairman at Anfield.

The debt-ridden Reds have been shrouded in uncertainty regarding the future of controversial co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett for the majority of the season, with reports linking numerous parties with a potential bid for the Premier League outfit.

Manager Rafa Benitez's status has been clouded by the financial insecurity on Merseyside and he has repeatedly been linked with a summer move to Serie A giants Juventus.

But the news that Barclays Capital and British Airways chairman Broughton have been brought in has been accompanied by an announcement from Hicks and Gillett that they want to sell.

A statement on Liverpool's official website read: "Following numerous expressions of interest from third parties, the club has engaged Barclays Capital to advise on the sale process. The club has the full support of its existing bankers for this process and has financing in place which will fully support the club's operations.

"Mr. Broughton, currently chairman of British Airways PLC and deputy president of the Confederation of British Industry, will work alongside the club's existing management team of Managing Director Christian Purslow, Commercial Director Ian Ayre and Financial Director Philip Nash."
Distinguished

Hicks and Gillett said in a statement: "Owning Liverpool football club over these past three years has been a rewarding and exciting experience for us and our families.

"Having grown the club this far we have now decided together to look to sell the club to owners committed to take the club through its next level of growth and development.

"We are delighted that Martin Broughton has agreed to take the position of chairman, working alongside the club's excellent senior management team.

"Martin is a distinguished business leader of excellent judgment and with a great reputation. He is a genuine football supporter and will seek to oversee the sales process in the best interests of the club and its supporters."

Broughton said in a statement: "I am excited and honoured to be taking up this position.

"Liverpool is a great club with a fantastic history. I will run this sale process in the right way, for the benefit of the club and its fans.

"Liverpool is one of the world's greatest clubs and my aim is to try and ensure that we find new owners who are able to build on the club's recent improved financial performance in order to help deliver sporting success."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 88,00.html

Not coming 4th has done it I reckon.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Re: Bin Dippers Red Owners Put Club Up For Sale

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Will this affect our bid for Torres this Summer?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:48 pm

btajim wrote:Will this affect our bid for Torres this Summer?

No doubt if they get a very rich owner we can pretty much kiss that idea goodbye.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gilford » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Hopefully they will sell some key players to clear some debt and stay a mid table team for a while until they show profit, stranger things have happened!!!!!!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Vhero wrote:
btajim wrote:Will this affect our bid for Torres this Summer?

No doubt if they get a very rich owner we can pretty much kiss that idea goodbye.

Who will buy them? There's not too much more that can be done with Anfield so they need to arrange a new Stadium. City were fortunate with Abu Dhabi because we were the finished Article in that respect.

Well supported, reasonable Squad, 48,000 All Seater with the capacity to extend.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Id piss myself if they didnt get any good offers and the yanks had to stay .Scouse fans wouldnt be able to say shit then..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi claims he is in advanced talks about buying Liverpool.

Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are reported to be finally willing to sell their stake in the club after hiring Barclays Capital to find new owners.

A number of potential investors have been linked with a move for the Anfield outfit and now former Syria international Kirdi is ready to end Hicks and Gillett's time on Merseyside.

Former Celtic player Andy Lynch has been brought in by Kirdi to act as a go-between in the deal and he is hopeful a takeover could be completed soon.

"Talks are on-going with Tom Hicks and George Gillett and are at an advanced stage," Lynch told the Daily Mirror.

"The planned buy-out will have massive implications for Liverpool. Liverpool aren't the force they were so this is just what they need.

"I've been to Anfield on business recently and I'm acting as the go-between in the whole deal.

"Hopefully it's not too much longer before it's all done and dusted."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 57,00.html

Also

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/eseason/News- ... s_rightnav

New owners HAVE to build a new stadium or there bid will not be looked at basically?? That's gonna make things string along a lot longer than needed.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:22 pm

I hope this goes tits up in a comical manner. I do remember though that a member of one of the ruling families in the middle east (possibly Saudi) was reportedly a Liverpool supporter with an interest in buying the club, so this geezer could be a front for that; as Sulamain was when the Sheikh bought us.

I particularly like the sound of the Chinese consortium. Hope they get it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bluej » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Aren't they financially f*cked this summer if they don't sell/get investment? Something about having to pay off £100m of loans? Or will they have to refinance like the rags?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Vhero wrote:
Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi claims he is in advanced talks about buying Liverpool.

Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are reported to be finally willing to sell their stake in the club after hiring Barclays Capital to find new owners.

A number of potential investors have been linked with a move for the Anfield outfit and now former Syria international Kirdi is ready to end Hicks and Gillett's time on Merseyside.

Former Celtic player Andy Lynch has been brought in by Kirdi to act as a go-between in the deal and he is hopeful a takeover could be completed soon.

"Talks are on-going with Tom Hicks and George Gillett and are at an advanced stage," Lynch told the Daily Mirror.

"The planned buy-out will have massive implications for Liverpool. Liverpool aren't the force they were so this is just what they need.

"I've been to Anfield on business recently and I'm acting as the go-between in the whole deal.

"Hopefully it's not too much longer before it's all done and dusted."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 57,00.html

Also

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/eseason/News- ... s_rightnav

New owners HAVE to build a new stadium or there bid will not be looked at basically?? That's gonna make things string along a lot longer than needed.

£257 millions in debts and having to build a new stadium is not something I would buy ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Who out there can match our owner's wealth and would be willing to buy Liverpool?

If the answer is little or no one, then I don't give a fuck.
Original Dub

Postby JonnyAsh » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:05 pm

It wouldn't be too bad to see a comfy 'Big four' of Us, Scouse 1, Chelski and Arsenal. If L'pool did strengthen, the only team to be shitting themselves would be the rags, who may just end up in the wilderness
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby dikdik » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Ah Johnny, a dream scenario...
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:29 pm

This has obviously been going on for a while. You could see the change in the team performances quite a few weeks ago, especially in the likes of Gerrard and Torres, as if they knew new money would be coming into the club.

What I find strange is how they are now vindicating Rafa for the owners ills.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum