Gary Flitcroft on a programme on TV.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Gary Flitcroft on a programme on TV.

Postby fees » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:22 pm

I am busy watching the premier league show and they are interviewing Gary Flitcroft who is now in lower league management. They showed footage of him, Keith Curle, Niall Quinn, Terry Phelan and Peter Reid. he was just talking about when he signed for City and how he did not want to be sold when Franny made him go. I remember the team with him, Paul lake, David White etc

A definite blast from the past.
fees
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Super City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Re: Gary Flitcroft on a programme on TV.

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:36 pm

We had very decent squad early-90's. Only to be destroyed by series of incompetent owners and managers.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:49 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:We had very decent squad early-90's. Only to be destroyed by series of incompetent owners and managers.

I know its a shame really with a top manager we could have been doing aswell as Villa or Spurs but no use crying over spilt milk eh? To the future and making sure the rags don't beat the scouse record.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:55 pm

I honestly believe that without our time in the third tier, that this fairytale known as Manchester City would not have caught the imagination of our current owners.

Thank you Peter.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goataldo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Slim wrote:I honestly believe that without our time in the third tier, that this fairytale known as Manchester City would not have caught the imagination of our current owners.

Thank you Peter.

Interesting point. Does kind of add to the 'romance'. We're the ultimate challenge in English football, especially with the Scum over the way there. Not that I'm thanking them.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Return to The Maine Football forum