Alcohol exclusion zone!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Alcohol exclusion zone!!!

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Does this mean we can't have a drink in town before the game now?

Manchester City v Manchester United: Police extend alcohol exclusion zone
Greater Manchester Police are to impose a widescale alcohol exclusion zone and increase patrols in Manchester city centre in an effort to prevent Saturday's local derby suffering a repeat of the crowd disturbances that marred January's Carling Cup semi-final first-leg at Eastlands.

By Mark Ogden
Published: 7:15AM BST 16 Apr 2010

Best behaviour: Police wnat supporters to enjoy derby day, not spoil it Photo: ACTION IMAGES
Eighteen arrests were made by the police on an evening when they confiscated potential missiles such as darts and golf balls from supporters outside the stadium.
In the fixture, which Man City won 2-1 courtesy of two goals from former Manchester United forward Carlos Tévez, a cigarette lighter was thrown at United defender Patrice Evra and plastic seats were ripped up by visiting supporters.

Related Articles
Mancini desperate to avoid touchline ban
Man City v Man United: preview
Fans to show true colours
Wayne Rooney wants to face Man City
Football League ups and downs
Sport on television
With Saturday's game hugely important for both clubs, with City aiming to secure Champions League qualification and United still retaining slim hopes of winning the title, the stakes are already high for a traditionally fractious fixture.
But with police imposing a 2½-mile alcohol exclusion zone, stretching from the city centre to the stadium at Eastlands, and extra officers charged with patrolling the city centre and the area around the stadium, the authorities are hopeful that the game will pass without incident. Officers will also be visiting pubs where the game is to be screened live on television.
GMP assistant chief constable Ian Hopkins, in charge of the policing for the game, said: "This is a high-profile fixture and we have been working closely with Manchester City Football Club to ensure the day passes off peacefully.
"We will have the appropriate number of officers and resources to both deal with any incidents and offer reassurance to the public."
Wayne Bridge has returned to training after groin surgery, and is in contention for the derby.
Roberto Mancini, the City manager, will be free to take his place in the dugout after escaping a touchline ban following his clash with Everton manager David Moyes last month.
The Italian accepted a charge of improper conduct at a personal hearing at Eastlands on Thursday, was warned as to his future conduct and issued with a suspended fine of £20,000, which will be triggered should he be found guilty of a similar offence before the end of the 2011-12 season.
Kevin Davies, the Bolton forward, was also warned and issued with a suspended fine of £7,500 until the end of the 2011-12 season after attending a personal hearing at Eastlands following critical comments made about referee Mark Clattenburg.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Alcohol exclusion zone!!!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:02 pm

No alcohol?????

Shocking state of affiars.
Broken Britain.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ashton287 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Will there be beer in the stadium
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby psut1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:16 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:Does this mean we can't have a drink in town before the game now?

Manchester City v Manchester U***d: Police extend alcohol exclusion zone
Greater Manchester Police are to impose a widescale alcohol exclusion zone and increase patrols in Manchester city centre in an effort to prevent Saturday's local derby suffering a repeat of the crowd disturbances that marred January's Carling Cup semi-final first-leg at Eastlands.

By Mark Ogden
Published: 7:15AM BST 16 Apr 2010

Best behaviour: Police wnat supporters to enjoy derby day, not spoil it Photo: ACTION IMAGES
Eighteen arrests were made by the police on an evening when they confiscated potential missiles such as darts and golf balls from supporters outside the stadium.
In the fixture, which Man City won 2-1 courtesy of two goals from former Manchester U***d forward Carlos Tévez, a cigarette lighter was thrown at U***d defender Patrice Evra and plastic seats were ripped up by visiting supporters.

Related Articles
Mancini desperate to avoid touchline ban
Man City v Man U***d: preview
Fans to show true colours
Wayne Rooney wants to face Man City
Football League ups and downs
Sport on television
With Saturday's game hugely important for both clubs, with City aiming to secure Champions League qualification and U***d still retaining slim hopes of winning the title, the stakes are already high for a traditionally fractious fixture.
But with police imposing a 2½-mile alcohol exclusion zone, stretching from the city centre to the stadium at Eastlands, and extra officers charged with patrolling the city centre and the area around the stadium, the authorities are hopeful that the game will pass without incident. Officers will also be visiting pubs where the game is to be screened live on television.
GMP assistant chief constable Ian Hopkins, in charge of the policing for the game, said: "This is a high-profile fixture and we have been working closely with Manchester City Football Club to ensure the day passes off peacefully.
"We will have the appropriate number of officers and resources to both deal with any incidents and offer reassurance to the public."
Wayne Bridge has returned to training after groin surgery, and is in contention for the derby.
Roberto Mancini, the City manager, will be free to take his place in the dugout after escaping a touchline ban following his clash with Everton manager David Moyes last month.
The Italian accepted a charge of improper conduct at a personal hearing at Eastlands on Thursday, was warned as to his future conduct and issued with a suspended fine of £20,000, which will be triggered should he be found guilty of a similar offence before the end of the 2011-12 season.
Kevin Davies, the Bolton forward, was also warned and issued with a suspended fine of £7,500 until the end of the 2011-12 season after attending a personal hearing at Eastlands following critical comments made about referee Mark Clattenburg.

It means no drinking in the street(s)
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:19 pm

You can't drink in the streets in town anyway. I hope the pubs are open, loads of people like a drink before the game and don't go out and cause trouble.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Can someone confirm or deny that the Pubs near the Ground will be shut? Why turn people on to the street as opposed to keeping them enclosed in a Boozer?!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby psut1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:53 pm

GMP are saying the no drinking in the street exclusion zone has been extended so you can't drink in the street whilst walking to the ground and outside the ground. Pubs will be open i will be in the townley at 10:30. Mary d's is open 10am to 8pm
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:No alcohol?????

Shocking state of affiars.
Broken Britain.

for once i'd completely agree with you.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 pm

FFS have they seen the hole of a swamp on trafford before every game, Why dont they impose the ban at that hole also?

Oh yeah, not in manchester so different council, silly me
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:53 pm

You can't drink on the street ANYWHERE in the UK.

Where exactly is the new law here?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby paulmclaren » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:06 pm

Link to the article?
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby mr fu » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:41 am

Apparently there's a 'relaxed' drinking law in Manchester, it's an attempt to make the City more 'cosmopolitan' the police then have the power to move the goalposts when convenient.

But don't quote me on it!
BOON ARMY!
mr fu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.
My favourite player is: MIA

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:46 am

I can confirm that the Townly is open.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision