Sleepless night ahead

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sleepless night ahead

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:39 pm

I dont know the feelings in the build up to derby are really hard to explain.Im all over the place the last few days with the anticipation growing by the day in the build up to the game.Its the same for me every night before a derby, 29 now and the derby makes me feel like a real young lad again i doubt i will get a wink of sleep tonight.Im as nervous as fuck to be honest and really lookng forward to tomorrow.This one however is prob the most important league meeting in years a win for us and they will really have their tails between their legs and all possibility of them winning the league could well and truely be quashed.

Come on city do us proud
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Sleepless night ahead

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:50 pm

You know what mate, this may be the biggest Derby for many moons yet this is the calmest I've ever been???
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Green & Blue wrote:I dont know the feelings in the build up to derby are really hard to explain.Im all over the place the last few days with the anticipation growing by the day in the build up to the game.Its the same for me every night before a derby, 29 now and the derby makes me feel like a real young lad again i doubt i will get a wink of sleep tonight.Im as nervous as fuck to be honest and really lookng forward to tomorrow.This one however is prob the most important league meeting in years a win for us and they will really have their tails between their legs and all possibility of them winning the league could well and truely be quashed.

Come on city do us proud

29!! You are a young lad ain't that right John:)

Anyway nothing to worry about
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:You know what mate, this may be the biggest Derby for many moons yet this is the calmest I've ever been???

Same here, im sure the nerves will kick in later tonight though no doubt.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:You know what mate, this may be the biggest Derby for many moons yet this is the calmest I've ever been???

I think it comes with age. I couldn't sleep the night before and after my first ever Derby - and more recently I've been fine.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm drinking myself to sleep tonight. Too bad that it's such an early kick off, since that means that I will have to drink for breakfast as well. I'm a (nervous) wreck.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Steveo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Its when the nervous trots start to kick in and the shitter in Mary D's aint the quietest of venues to drop your arse!
Steveo
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby CityGer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Was just saying to my Dad tonight, this is the most nervous I've ever been before a derby. It has consumed all my thoughts for the last couple of days and I just want kick off time to come now.

I've had a couple of beers and a nice big meal so hopefully that will send me off to sleep, just want the waiting to be over. Stakes are so high.

Come on City.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: us

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:06 pm

btajim wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

I think it comes with age. I couldn't sleep the night before and after my first ever Derby - and more recently I've been fine.

I don't think it's to do with age. The 80's games were more about pre and after match, the 90's and early 00's about bragging rights, but now, it feels like we're the real deal and they are just another team on the road to the top..................................well nearly ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:06 pm

This derby is the biggest for 30yrs

I have reservations about this game myself but we are at the start of a new era.

We have arrived and nothing is going to stop our progress.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
btajim wrote:I think it comes with age. I couldn't sleep the night before and after my first ever Derby - and more recently I've been fine.

I don't think it's to do with age. The 80's games were more about pre and after match, the 90's and early 00's about bragging rights, but now, it feels like we're the real deal and they are just another team on the road to the top..................................well nearly ;-)

With age comes experience. For example, I'm no longer nervous on my first day at work or over excited at going on Holiday. Maybe it's just me and my inability to show emotion towards a great deal of things - but I'm not remotely nervous about tomorrow. I'm looking forwards to it.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:17 pm

rule 1, get hammered the night before the derby
rule2, breakfast at a greasy spoon, then hair of the dog. Makes it less painless if it goes tits up
rule 3, dont go on ebay between rule 1 and rule 2. i still have a car parked outside my house i neither wanted nor needed but bought anyway pissed up the night before the last home derby because I had nothing to do at 4am.

Got a 3 litre box of wine in the bedroom cos the Mrs is having a fucking candle party downstairs, i'm supping the lot and bollocks to it.

Expect some PWP tonight from me, apologies in advance to those I abuse, threaten or otherwise piss off!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:24 pm

johnpb78 wrote:rule 1, get hammered the night before the derby
rule2, breakfast at a greasy spoon, then hair of the dog. Makes it less painless if it goes tits up
rule 3, dont go on ebay between rule 1 and rule 2. i still have a car parked outside my house i neither wanted nor needed but bought anyway pissed up the night before the last home derby because I had nothing to do at 4am.

Got a 3 litre box of wine in the bedroom cos the Mrs is having a fucking candle party downstairs, i'm supping the lot and bollocks to it.

Expect some PWP tonight from me, apologies in advance to those I abuse, threaten or otherwise piss off!

Well we better shake hands and apologise now already. I turn in t a nasty cunt when I drink as well.

Sorry John! You're a great guy, and I really respect you. It was/is the drink talking you pussy whipped soft arse! Get down to that living room and show those women what a real man is!
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MUS » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:36 pm

nervous as fuck!! got this bastard feeling that tottenham will win tomorrow as everyones expecting them to lose...

no more typical city please!!
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CityGer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Excellent, liked that.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: us

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:43 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Well we better shake hands and apologise now already. I turn in t a nasty cunt when I drink as well.

Sorry John! You're a great guy, and I really respect you. It was/is the drink talking you pussy whipped soft arse! Get down to that living room and show those women what a real man is!

Can you imagine anything worse, a FUCKING CANDLE PARTY, what the fuck is all that about. Room full of utter munters, and me and the dog banished to the fucking bedroom. Only reason for going downstairs is that I forgot to go an get any fags before, some bitch has some baccy, and I'm too pissed to drive to fucking tesco now.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dronny » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Fortunately I won't be getting too much sleep as we're on the road at 5 in the morning to drive up. This has got to have been the longest fuckin week as every moment seems to have been consumed with "will we?" or "won't we?" I find myself getting emotional when people talk about the game on the wireless, imagining the feelings of elation when we win or the feelings of wtf if we lose.

Its funny, but as people have said this is the most pivotal derby in 30+ years, this is the chance for the blue moon to rise and r*d shite to sink, truly a time that I'd thought I'd never see. I'm so excited because my kids are starting their journey as Blues and I know their journey will be shared with far more Blues than mine ever was.

Oh well, the bags are packed, I've got a glass of shampoo in my hand and I'm so very excited...........C'MON YOU SUPER BLUES
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:35 pm

btajim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
btajim wrote:I think it comes with age. I couldn't sleep the night before and after my first ever Derby - and more recently I've been fine.

With age comes experience. For example, I'm no longer nervous on my first day at work or over excited at going on Holiday. Maybe it's just me and my inability to show emotion towards a great deal of things - but I'm not remotely nervous about tomorrow. I'm looking forwards to it.

So, no emotion mate ;-)

The btterflies start ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:36 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Can you imagine anything worse, a FUCKING CANDLE PARTY, what the fuck is all that about. Room full of utter munters, and me and the dog banished to the fucking bedroom. Only reason for going downstairs is that I forgot to go an get any fags before, some bitch has some baccy, and I'm too pissed to drive to fucking tesco now.

Just whip it out and offer a fag for a cigar!
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:37 pm

i just think about how much Carlos will be wanting to score a goal from the off.
keeps everything in perspective for me.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum