Sleepless night ahead

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sleepless night ahead

Postby lythamblue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:38 pm

I always hated Derby matches ...... it was always a bit like going to the dentists.

I expected us to lose and used to sit there hoping we didn't get thrashed and hoping that there was something controversial happened so that I could tell rags they were lucky to win and I didn't care because there was more to football than just winning etc, etc.

But I agree that for this one I am more nervous than ever. Probably, because we are now taken more seriously, we have expectations and Yoonited will consider it an even bigger event to beat us...... and no doubt crow about it even more if they do.

Even though I know we are probably the strongest we have been over the last 30 years ..... I still can't get over the felings that we are City ....... and nothing good ever happens.

Maybe .....we are too used to losing but once we start to win big games and trophies we will have that confidecnce that we can beat anyone anytime. I can't wait for those feelings to start ......because they haven't done yet.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:41 pm

mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:rule 1, get hammered the night before the derby
rule2, breakfast at a greasy spoon, then hair of the dog. Makes it less painless if it goes tits up
rule 3, dont go on ebay between rule 1 and rule 2. i still have a car parked outside my house i neither wanted nor needed but bought anyway pissed up the night before the last home derby because I had nothing to do at 4am.

Got a 3 litre box of wine in the bedroom cos the Mrs is having a fucking candle party downstairs, i'm supping the lot and bollocks to it.

Expect some PWP tonight from me, apologies in advance to those I abuse, threaten or otherwise piss off!

Well we better shake hands and apologise now already. I turn in t a nasty cunt when I drink as well.

Sorry John! You're a great guy, and I really respect you. It was/is the drink talking you pussy whipped soft arse! Get down to that living room and show those women what a real man is!

Can you imagine anything worse, a FUCKING CANDLE PARTY, what the fuck is all that about. Room full of utter munters, and me and the dog banished to the fucking bedroom. Only reason for going downstairs is that I forgot to go an get any fags before, some bitch has some baccy, and I'm too pissed to drive to fucking tesco now.

Just whip it out and offer a fag for a cigar!

Or ask one of the munters to go to Tesco for you.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 pm

lythamblue wrote:I always hated Derby matches ...... it was always a bit like going to the dentists.

I expected us to lose and used to sit there hoping we didn't get thrashed and hoping that there was something controversial happened so that I could tell rags they were lucky to win and I didn't care because there was more to football than just winning etc, etc.

But I agree that for this one I am more nervous than ever. Probably, because we are now taken more seriously, we have expectations and Yoonited will consider it an even bigger event to beat us...... and no doubt crow about it even more if they do.

Even though I know we are probably the strongest we have been over the last 30 years ..... I still can't get over the felings that we are City ....... and nothing good ever happens.

Maybe .....we are too used to losing but once we start to win big games and trophies we will have that confidecnce that we can beat anyone anytime. I can't wait for those feelings to start ......because they haven't done yet.

Half-full pal!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lythamblue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
lythamblue wrote:I always hated Derby matches ...... it was always a bit like going to the dentists.

Half-full pal!

Maybe? Strange, but my attidudes towards life in general are not reflective of my attitudes towards City. That might be because in other aspects I actually expect to 'win' ...... and often have, but City have constantly left me disappointed.

Anyway, time for a new City ERA methinks ..... starting with a good win tomorrow and a top 4 place at the end of the season.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:00 pm

gillie wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:rule 1, get hammered the night before the derby
rule2, breakfast at a greasy spoon, then hair of the dog. Makes it less painless if it goes tits up
rule 3, dont go on ebay between rule 1 and rule 2. i still have a car parked outside my house i neither wanted nor needed but bought anyway pissed up the night before the last home derby because I had nothing to do at 4am.

Got a 3 litre box of wine in the bedroom cos the Mrs is having a fucking candle party downstairs, i'm supping the lot and bollocks to it.

Expect some PWP tonight from me, apologies in advance to those I abuse, threaten or otherwise piss off!

Well we better shake hands and apologise now already. I turn in t a nasty cunt when I drink as well.

Sorry John! You're a great guy, and I really respect you. It was/is the drink talking you pussy whipped soft arse! Get down to that living room and show those women what a real man is!

Can you imagine anything worse, a FUCKING CANDLE PARTY, what the fuck is all that about. Room full of utter munters, and me and the dog banished to the fucking bedroom. Only reason for going downstairs is that I forgot to go an get any fags before, some bitch has some baccy, and I'm too pissed to drive to fucking tesco now.

Just whip it out and offer a fag for a cigar!

Or ask one of the munters to go to Tesco for you.

they have all been drinking MY fucking booze, that I went and bought for the fuckers this afternoon.

I asked the next door neigbour to get me some when he went out before, but he is a mune, and of course his answer was "get to fuck"

I live in accrington, why do I have to be so unfortunate as to have a munich next door?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:05 pm

I live in accrington, why do I have to be so unfortunate as to have a munich next door?

John is your nickname LUCKY by anychance lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:35 pm

lythamblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Half-full pal!

Maybe? Strange, but my attidudes towards life in general are not reflective of my attitudes towards City. That might be because in other aspects I actually expect to 'win' ...... and often have, but City have constantly left me disappointed.

Anyway, time for a new City ERA methinks ..... starting with a good win tomorrow and a top 4 place at the end of the season.

Straight question mate, Blue-to-Blue, 'Did you expect this at the start of the season?'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Redna » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:44 pm

It´s been a hard day and I´ll be sleeping like a Dog.
Hark now hear the City sing somebody will allmost certainly run away.
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Redna wrote:It´s been a hard day and I´ll be sleeping like a Dog.
Hark now hear the City sing somebody will allmost certainly run away.

We will fight for evermore because of Derby Day.There you go mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dikdik » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Hang on lads. After fifty years I've finally worked it out.

We all say we should win but think deep down typical City will mess it up but if we really think typical city then typical city will do what we don't expect and not mess it up but surprise us with wonderment by actually doing the opposite of what we were thinking was going to happen in the first place by not being typical City in a sort of reverse negative demonstration of what really should happen which is of course what we would expect from typical City.

OK?

Christ these pills are strong...
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby frannylee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 pm

I have had butterflies for the last couple of days - I know we have the talent to win tomorrow, my only question is, do we have the attitude / desire ??

Tomorrow is a BIG match for both clubs

My comfort blanket is that this is not the ultimate derby match

That will come in a few seasons time, when we meet them in the last match of the season knowing that if we win will be champions and if they lose, they will be relegated
It's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have.
frannylee
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Have a guess ??!!

Postby blue 68 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Just started for me............ sleeplesssness............come on you blue boys!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gaudy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:03 pm

i am pretty calm before the derby that was until i thought 'before i pop off to bed ill have a read of this thread' and now ive been to the jacks twice and havent a notion of gettin some kip........................cheers!
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby lythamblue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
lythamblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Half-full pal!

Straight question mate, Blue-to-Blue, 'Did you expect this at the start of the season?'.

Did I expect what?

If you mean would we be challenging for a top 4 slot with 5 games to go .... Yes, off course I did. We spent 200 mill for fooks sake.

With the players we've got, we were always going to be "challenging" ..... but, challenging is one thing, "winning" the challenge is what worries me. That takes more than good players ... that takes bollocks and experience in knowing how to win. Those are things we may still have to learn.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:08 pm

Lads im mr. Insomnia. 21 and not slept properly in 2/3 years!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:51 pm

lythamblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
lythamblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Half-full pal!

Did I expect what?

If you mean would we be challenging for a top 4 slot with 5 games to go .... Yes, off course I did. We spent 200 mill for fooks sake.

With the players we've got, we were always going to be "challenging" ..... but, challenging is one thing, "winning" the challenge is what worries me. That takes more than good players ... that takes bollocks and experience in knowing how to win. Those are things we may still have to learn.

that is what we are learning.. and watching good players do that is fuclin ace
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
lythamblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
lythamblue wrote:Straight question mate, Blue-to-Blue, 'Did you expect this at the start of the season?'.

Did I expect what?

and what do spuds kmow about that? sorry if i misquoted
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby lythamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:20 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
lythamblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
lythamblue wrote:Straight question mate, Blue-to-Blue, 'Did you expect this at the start of the season?'.

Did I expect what?

and what do spuds kmow about that? sorry if i misquoted

Fair enough ... probably less than we do. After all, they have been in these type of positions more than us .... and continue to screw up. They did win their big Derby the other night though.

Fair play to them, they were under pressure and they responded ..... now it's our turn to put them under pressure again.

Whatever happens in the run in, it is wonderful experience for our Club and fans and we will benefit from that in the future.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:42 am

I know we'd all feel a lot better if they had lost against Arsenal and if they lose against Chelski and we win a 7 point gap would have had a lot of us sleeping much better, but we haven't really had any onfield drama since Pearce was in charge(run for 7th and relegation battle) so for the first time we had a real prize to go after and the tension and pressure will make it fucking fantastic when we get there.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blue 68 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:59 am

get a grip you romantic piece of shit, me, not you Slim, i ,love Oz

just up and still pissed, good start i say but this post looks bad, sorry Slim x, off to the pub in 80mins, here we go, munchen twats
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum