Vote for mcfc.co.uk

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Vote for mcfc.co.uk

Postby Lee_R » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:46 pm

AOL best website awards... were currently 1st :)

http://webby.aol.com/categories/753
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: Vote for mcfc.co.uk

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:00 pm

Lee_R wrote:AOL best website awards... were currently 1st :)

done.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:52 pm

How.

I cant claim to be a website afficionado, but I find it pretty shit. Its not logical - you cant find the right things under the right menus, its not clearly laid out, whoever they paid all them millions to must be pissing their sides.

If you dont believe me, try and find information about disabled parking
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Lee_R » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:21 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

How.

I cant claim to be a website afficionado, but I find it pretty shit. Its not logical - you cant find the right things under the right menus, its not clearly laid out, whoever they paid all them millions to must be pissing their sides.

I see your point there mate. I've never had to seek out that information before. There is a 'contact' option though, it might be a useful suggestion?

I still think the website is pretty decent though, certainly a lot better than it used to be.. gets my vote! ;)
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:47 pm

Lee_R wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

How.

I see your point there mate. I've never had to seek out that information before. There is a 'contact' option though, it might be a useful suggestion?

I still think the website is pretty decent though, certainly a lot better than it used to be.. gets my vote! ;)

Yeah it is a massive improvement on the old site, I just used that as an example though. There are loads of things that a supporter, particularly a first time supporter (which we might assume we will have a lot of in the future) might want to ask about the club such as what are the matchday facilities, as simple as "can i get something to eat?", and they are just not covered. It is a very very poor effort - it is all media based and little thought has been given to actually providing fans with information.

As it happened, when I emailed the club about the same subject they couldnt have been more helpful - credit to them. However I worked for years on the knowledge base for a major UK telecoms company and it is not difficult to implement and manage - it is inexcuseable that they spent so many millions on this, and provide so little actual information to the fans.

Its a good site for Manchester city news content, it is a poor site for people wanting to actually find out about Manchester City - and that is where it is wrong, because there will be plenty of those in the coming years.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:50 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Lee_R wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

How.

Yeah it is a massive improvement on the old site, I just used that as an example though. There are loads of things that a supporter, particularly a first time supporter (which we might assume we will have a lot of in the future) might want to ask about the club such as what are the matchday facilities, as simple as "can i get something to eat?", and they are just not covered. It is a very very poor effort - it is all media based and little thought has been given to actually providing fans with information.

As it happened, when I emailed the club about the same subject they couldnt have been more helpful - credit to them. However I worked for years on the knowledge base for a major UK telecoms company and it is not difficult to implement and manage - it is inexcuseable that they spent so many millions on this, and provide so little actual information to the fans.

Its a good site for Manchester city news content, it is a poor site for people wanting to actually find out about Manchester City - and that is where it is wrong, because there will be plenty of those in the coming years.

For people who would like to learn about our club in general, there's always this [urlnp=http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/]LINK[/urlnp]
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:16 pm

mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Lee_R wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

How.

For people who would like to learn about our club in general, there's always this [urlnp=http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/]LINK[/urlnp]

yes there is, but those who want to think the club cares about the matchday experience would expect that information on the os
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Return to The Maine Football forum