Why do you hate Manchester United?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Why do you hate Manchester United?

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm really interested to know the different reasons why people hate United with such a passion.

For me, it all started when all my mates supported United as a 5/6 yr old kid, and one day I walked in the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon and told my dad I wanted a United shirt. For the one and only time in my life he hit me. He then took me to watch Liverpool on the kop for 2 yrs to get me out of the united sympathies. Since then I realise the depth of hatred he holds for united holds no bounds, and he since told me that when his dad took him to old trafford as a kid, some munich cunt pissed on his back in the Stretford end which is why he reacted as he did - and still does to the very sound of the name of Manchester United to this day.

Throughout my childhood, he would turn off the TV when Granada reports were showing the weekend goals, and he has still to my knowledge never seen Manchester United score a goal since 1974

I have just taken up his mantle. Even if I werent a city fan, I would still hate them more than any other football club, and a brief glance on facebook before confirms it, arrogant preening fucking cunts. No talking to them whatsoever - and they call us bitter.

For me these days therefore it is not the club, or the players (Neville aside) but the fans. I fucking hate them, and they deserve a fucking proper wake up call. I cant wait till the tide turns.

Over to you
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Re: Why do you hate Manchester U***d?

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Not being a Manc, or even English for that matter, I don't hate them quite as dearly and deeply as the rest of you.
But they are and have (not quite since I've started following English football, but almost) always bee narrogant bastards, who take their success for granted. That paired with them being the bullyish big brother of the club I choose already as a kid, seals it. They just make me sick.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Lee_R » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:16 pm

My rag mate who has been going for 24 years actually stopped going last week. Not renewing his season ticket etc. His reason.. 'Fucking twat cunts that call themselves fans, turn up late, leave early at half time to eat a fucking pie.. come back late.. leave 10 minutes early whatever the score.. only fucking sing or cheer when were winning!.. fucking wankers the lot of them I cant stand them anymore'.

I dont hate United, I just hate their wanker smug so called fans.. 90% of their players and that twat manager they've got. I still like having them as local rivals though and over the next few years I'm going to like it even more.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:19 pm

I don't...
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Beeks » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby lythamblue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:20 pm

johnpb78 wrote:For me these days therefore it is not the club, or the players (Neville aside) but the fans. I fucking hate them, and they deserve a fucking proper wake up call. I cant wait till the tide turns.

Thats it in one for me too.

I sort of almost respect the club in a success type of way ..... but many of the fans have jumped on to that and seem to consider that they are part of that success and act in a superior manner because of it. Accordingly, seeing as they are only 'yoonited' fans because of what they think it does for their own self esteem and public perception ...... this is the main reason why those with a different mentality are so keen to see them fail.

Latterly, the sucess has also made the club massively arrogant and Ferguscum is the epitomy of that and almost their spiritual leader.

The sad thing is ..... if we became as successful as them ...... we would probably be very similar in our attitudes and behaviour.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:22 pm

It,s a natural bodily function to fucking hate those cunts.

I was born a blue and have natuarally hated the scum since I was 5...my whole family are munes and they tried their best to sway me over, it was like I wasLuke Skywalker and me dad was that cunt Vader...he couldnt turn me over to the dark side and the more he tried the more I fucking hated the munes....he could never understand it.

He was fucking livid when I went cleaning cars for bob a job when I was in the cubs and instead of giving the money in to the cubs I bought a man city mug..I was like 9 yrs old at the time.(I never knew what happened to that mug..I bet one of fucking mong brothers smashed it.....cunts)

He even says now that when he talks about his team in front of me my lip curls up and dribble starts to seep out at the sides on my mouth and the bile builds up until I go off into a Rant...you see..natual bodily function.

I love hating them as well and cant understand the mother teresa Blues that dont hate them........to me being a blue is part and parcel of hating them cunts at the same time........I love the feeling of hating them.

The end.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:26 pm

lythamblue wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:For me these days therefore it is not the club, or the players (Neville aside) but the fans. I fucking hate them, and they deserve a fucking proper wake up call. I cant wait till the tide turns.

The sad thing is ..... if we became as successful as them ...... we would probably be very similar in our attitudes and behaviour.

We (the supporters attracted to the club post success, not you & I) will mate, there is no doubt about it.

But, you have to hope that like the old school united fans who you can still have a conversation with about football, (the ones who remember the 70s and 80s), the ones like us who were there when it was shit can retain a balance and humility.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Started for me when i was about 14 walking in town back from a game to get the tram to my nan's. I think united was playing at home for a later kick off cant remember exactly. And 3 men in there 30s/40s was walking towards me near M&S They didnt have any colours on and was drinking bottles. As i got closer to them they tried to trip me up and as i turned round they started giving me abuse cause i was wearing my city shirt and then they was asking me to fight them lol!

They all had bottles and not that any of them looked hard, just the fact they had bottles i decided to leg it , they began chasing me and started throwin there bottles at me. None of them hit me and i knew they was united fans as they was singing united, united as i was legging it.

Ive heard similiar stories from a few other people and that makes me hate them for there cowards approach to being hard!

Id say the same for any city fans who attack someone when there on there own or just doing it to bully people. I hate cowardly people and the rags seem to have alot of fans like that.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby simon12 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Cos my Dad brought me up to and I`m doing it to my kids. It`s the twats that sit in the pubs in their shirts and never go but somehow think they are the best fans and can take the piss etc.

WANKERS
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Lee_R » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:It,s a natural bodily function to fucking hate those cunts.

I was born a blue and have natuarally hated the scum since I was 5...my whole family are munes and they tried their best to sway me over, it was like I wasLuke Skywalker and me dad was that cunt Vader...he couldnt turn me over to the dark side and the more he tried the more I fucking hated the munes....he could never understand it.

He was fucking livid when I went cleaning cars for bob a job when I was in the cubs and instead of giving the money in to the cubs I bought a man city mug..I was like 9 yrs old at the time.(I never knew what happened to that mug..I bet one of fucking mong brothers smashed it.....cunts)

He even says now that when he talks about his team in front of me my lip curls up and dribble starts to seep out at the sides on my mouth and the bile builds up until I go off into a Rant...you see..natual bodily function.

I love hating them as well and cant understand the mother teresa Blues that dont hate them........to me being a blue is part and parcel of hating them cunts at the same time........I love the feeling of hating them.

The end.

LMFAO done.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Beeks » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:to me being a blue is part and parcel of hating them cunts at the same time........I love the feeling of hating them.

Couldn't agree more...

I hate them so much I hate anything red...nothing in my wardrobe red...

I hate them so much I have and will never buy anything Sharpe or Vodaphone or anything remotely connected to the club
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:50 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:to me being a blue is part and parcel of hating them cunts at the same time........I love the feeling of hating them.

Couldn't agree more...

I hate them so much I have and will never buy anything Sharpe or Vodaphone or anything remotely connected to the club

Does that mean that you love Bellamy soooooo much that it overshadows your hate for red?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:51 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Couldn't agree more...

Good lad.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby lythamblue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:53 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

We (the supporters attracted to the club post success, not you & I) will mate, there is no doubt about it.

But, you have to hope that like the old school U***d fans who you can still have a conversation with about football, (the ones who remember the 70s and 80s), the ones like us who were there when it was shit can retain a balance and humility.

I can't wait for those days to evolve. I wind up rags now by telling them that when we are the top dogs ...we will be humble enough to realise and admit it' was all made possible because of the cash...... just like their success was over the last 15 years. Unlike them who make out it was because of some wonderful self reflective phenomena called 'Yoonited' !!

I then tell them that We are all looking forard to taking the mantle over from them .... but just hope and pray we don't end up with their type of fans when we do.

Finally, I end the conversation by saying "this discussion is irrelevant ..... because unfortunately you will all be City fans in a few years anyway!" Patronising I know ...... but that one really winds them up!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:55 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Couldn't agree more...

Have to agree about the sponsors, I would avoid buying anything from anyone who has been associated with them. I dont buy Nike trainers/clothing, and have only just got back to adidas after the trauma of the 80s and 90s. Vodafone, they need shooting. Sharp, well sponsoring united was the only way they could peddle shit stuff.

Add to that, as an IFA, I actively avoid AIG - and have done for years because they are fucking crooks
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Is this truly reflective?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:01 pm

I dont and i mean that as i dont have a hateful cell in my body.Hatred is so self consuming imo i detest them but i dont hate them as i dont hate anyone or anything.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby shawzy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Mainly the fans..There smug and shallow fookers.Most of them aint got a clue about footie.Friggin glory hunters.I wanna see the same fans when things aint going there way..True supporters stick with there team through thick and thin...Just like us blues do.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum