Why do you hate Manchester United?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why do you hate Manchester U***d?

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Lee_R wrote:'Fucking twat cunts that call themselves fans, turn up late, leave early at half time to eat a fucking pie.. come back late.. leave 10 minutes early whatever the score.. only fucking sing or cheer when were winning!

Unfortunately that sounds depressingly familiar & I can think of about 30 mates who've noticed the same thing.

Rags have always had a large pecentage of school bully types who are billy big balls when they're with their mates etc but fuck all without them. There's no good reason to not hate hate them or their club that I can think of. They're fucking horrible for the most part but scousers are just as bad tbf. Very similar.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:07 pm

gillie wrote:I dont and i mean that as i dont have a hateful cell in my body.Hatred is so self consuming imo i detest them but i dont hate them as i dont hate anyone or anything.

Detest is acceptable Gille.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Is this truly reflective?

I was wondering just how many people hated them JUST because they are city fans. I personally hold a great dislike, but I can distinguish between my dislike for all things united (like Carl), and my admiration for their achievements (as much as it kills me)

I now hate all things united because of their fans, not for an irrational reason

But, on a Friday night at 10pm, I doubt very much this is truly reflective, perhaps someone could do a poll
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dronny » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Spent 5 years at secondary school in Guildford being the only Blue in what seemed like a plague of r*d shite, never got beaten up as such but its fair to say those times were the Swiss finishing school to my hatred of all things r*d. I don't have any r*d clothes, never had a r*d car, didn't even follow my Dad with the colour of his hair!

I found my hatred of them mellowed when my kids were born, happily both of them appear to have folllowed in their Dad's footsteps and don't like the r*gs at all, a healthy dislike I'm pleased to say as I wouldn't want them to use the word hate.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:12 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

I was wondering just how many people hated them JUST because they are city fans. I personally hold a great dislike, but I can distinguish between my dislike for all things U***d (like Carl), and my admiration for their achievements (as much as it kills me)

I now hate all things U***d because of their fans, not for an irrational reason

But, on a Friday night at 10pm, I doubt very much this is truly reflective, perhaps someone could do a poll

I could. I got super powers. Maybe I should do a poll at the same time whether I should have my fifth whiskey of the night or not as well?
Had a really bad cold for a few days, so the booze is doing funny things to me..
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dronny » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Spent 5 years at secondary school in Guildford being the only Blue in what seemed like a plague of r*d shite, never got beaten up as such but its fair to say those times were the Swiss finishing school to my hatred of all things r*d. I don't have any r*d clothes, never had a r*d car, didn't even follow my Dad with the colour of his hair!

I found my hatred of them mellowed when my kids were born, happily both of them appear to have folllowed in their Dad's footsteps and don't like the r*gs at all, a healthy dislike I'm pleased to say as I wouldn't want them to use the word hate.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:16 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

I was wondering just how many people hated them JUST because they are city fans. I personally hold a great dislike, but I can distinguish between my dislike for all things U***d (like Carl), and my admiration for their achievements (as much as it kills me)

I now hate all things U***d because of their fans, not for an irrational reason

I can appreciate their achievements & that there are many things that can be learned from them but the same could be said of Hitler. The world would still have been a better place without the cunt though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lythamblue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:20 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Add to that, as an IFA, I actively avoid AIG - and have done for years because they are fucking crooks

I had to laugh about that because I have a story.

I also did everything possible to 'non support' Rag sponsors. However, 2 years ago at work, my FD was scouring the market whilst renewing the Company insurance and one of the brokers came up with this phenomenal deal saving us over 25K on our annual premium if we lumped allour policies into one big overall deal.

Yes you got it .... It was AIG who were making us the offer. It broke my heart to give them the business but hey, in times of recession .... 25K is 25K! We even asked all the other companies to match the deal, but they couldn't get near it.

Anyway, from the moment we gave them the business we had a fucling nightmare year for claims! Staff started to have accidents at work, we had a small burglary, storm damage to our Head Office building .... and we must have written off at least 5 company vehicles within the next 12 months. I reckon we cost them around 200K in total claims.

As much as I could have done without the hassles that the claims produced, and am now suffering increased premiums ...... it really couldn't have happened to a nicer insurance company could it?
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby crossan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:24 pm

I personally don't hate United like some on here,yes I want us to beat them and put them below us if possible but there are teams like Chelsea,Portsmouth,Tottenham that I really lothe much more than Manchester United.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:26 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:to me being a blue is part and parcel of hating them cunts at the same time........I love the feeling of hating them.

Couldn't agree more...

I hate them so much I hate anything red...nothing in my wardrobe red...

I hate them so much I have and will never buy anything Sharpe or Vodaphone or anything remotely connected to the club

im the same mate
my kids hate red and think united is a swear word.
i even hate the red england kit.
it is becuase of the pure arrogance that that just oozes out of everything from the directors to player and (especially) the "supporters".
wankers the lot of em
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:27 pm

There's nothing wrong with hate, and this is a very interesting thread.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Redna » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Hate is not apropiate? . Disslike since the garden when they were labeled best, F*ck me. It was just an underachieving tv personality in Sweden bCK IN THE 70.
i'M UP FOR IT AND SO IS MY BOYS.
hARL NOW HEAR....
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:38 pm

lythamblue wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Add to that, as an IFA, I actively avoid AIG - and have done for years because they are fucking crooks

I had to laugh about that because I have a story.

I also did everything possible to 'non support' Rag sponsors. However, 2 years ago at work, my FD was scouring the market whilst renewing the Company insurance and one of the brokers came up with this phenomenal deal saving us over 25K on our annual premium if we lumped allour policies into one big overall deal.

Yes you got it .... It was AIG who were making us the offer. It broke my heart to give them the business but hey, in times of recession .... 25K is 25K! We even asked all the other companies to match the deal, but they couldn't get near it.

Anyway, from the moment we gave them the business we had a fucling nightmare year for claims! Staff started to have accidents at work, we had a small burglary, storm damage to our Head Office building .... and we must have written off at least 5 company vehicles within the next 12 months. I reckon we cost them around 200K in total claims.

As much as I could have done without the hassles that the claims produced, and am now suffering increased premiums ...... it really couldn't have happened to a nicer insurance company could it?

I worked as an IFA years ago for Bradford & Bingley. We placed millions with AIG in a top rated no risk guaranteed product, which subsequently went tits up big time and lost investors most of their money. It went tits up because the AIG reps has mis-sold the product to us IFAs, and Bradford & Bingley ended up paying out out about £5m, and HSBC paid £10m in compensation to keep their reputation. They subsequently claimed against AIG, who claimed that as they were a US company, they had no part to play in the compensation situation, even though the product was clearly not as designed.

Gave IFAs a bad name (again), but worth remembering that often we get the shit when the companies decieve us - and the English based company who sold the product have to pay the £15m compensation even though the product providers were the crooks. They claimed their prouct had been misunderstood and it wasnt their fault. All that happened in about 2004, so it was with an ironic smile that I greeted AIG as United's new sponsors

The fact that they were the single largest bail out by the US government was no surprise at all to me.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:46 pm

I've lived in Manc all my life. All my friends are United fans. In the 25 years I've been alive United have consistently been the most the most successful side in the world.

But I don't hate them.

Because I could never hate a football team. I dislike them far more than I do any other team, but to hate something which unites so many people like a football team does is strange to me.

Some of the "Munich" behaviour of City fans genuinely embarrasses and saddens me. Luckily it's more confined to the websites such as this one than it is on the streets. The 50th Anniversary Derby was my favourite day ever being a City fan - the result just pipping our fans impeccable behaviour as the highlight of the day.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby frannylee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:52 pm

For me, it is the shallowness of the club and their fans. U****d are primarily a business and not a football club. Generally speaking, their fans do not know, understand, appreciate or care about the history of their club. They care about being able to say they support a succesful club.

If U****d were to be relegated two divisions in the next three years (can you see where this is going ?), would they still get 30,000 + fans turning up every week? Would they fuck as like !!

I have to say that I dislike, as opposed to hate, U****d as a club / team, however I hate Fergiescum with a passion and I treat the majority of their ''fans'' with the contempt they deserve
It's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have.
frannylee
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Have a guess ??!!

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:57 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I've lived in Manc all my life. All my friends are U***d fans. In the 25 years I've been alive U***d have consistently been the most the most successful side in the world.

But I don't hate them.

Because I could never hate a football team. I dislike them far more than I do any other team, but to hate something which unites so many people like a football team does is strange to me.

Some of the "Munich" behaviour of City fans genuinely embarrasses and saddens me. Luckily it's more confined to the websites such as this one than it is on the streets. The 50th Anniversary Derby was my favourite day ever being a City fan - the result just pipping our fans impeccable behaviour as the highlight of the day.

Well, only today I had a united fan accusing city fans of setting fireworks off outside the ground to ruin it.

It was a fucking tragedy, and I dont think for a minute that the vast majority of city fans would hesitate for a second in declaring that this was probably the worst thing that ever happened to english football, killing or disabling some of the best players on the planet at the time. The fact is though, that they actively sell munich to their fans. Their fans strike a pose of disgust at those who denigrate munich, yet, those same fans have no idea about the facts - and fail to understand that when we sing munich songs, it is not about the unfortunates, it is about the horrible fucking club and what happened in the aftermath, all the way upto the AIG sponsored munich day the other year.

John 68's post from a few weeks ago about the treatment of the munich survivors said it all. But that is the untold story.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue2 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Hate ( and thats not too strong a word) them with a passion, always have, always will. Its a range of things from taking advantage of the munich thing and shitting on the players that got injured and couldn't play again & yet still glory in it, to the vast majority of the fans being complete arrogant arseholes. They think they are so fucking great - well they are heading for a big fall. Their players are the same to a great extent - wankers like Keane. Neville , Cuntana. Its also a family thing, we have about three rags in the whole family ( I have a big extended family). I could go on & on. but thats it in a nutshell.
Last edited by Blue2 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby walmai » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:02 pm

I actually don't.

Here's a list as to why:

1. The best away fans - in terms of tickets sold - in Prem history.

2. The most sarky in terms of terrace noise - not saying I enjoy a chant of 'its so fucking easy', as my team succumb to yet another home defeat, but I admire the contempt. I reserve it for them anyway.

3. The fact that their academy churns out as many internationals as does my team.

4. Ryan Giggs; met him once when he lived in a certain area as a friend of mine, centre of the city. The best left winger of his/my generation. A really nice bloke.

5. Park Ji Sung. Only half joking.

Five unarguable reasons!!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 pm

walmai wrote:I actually don't.

Here's a list as to why:

2. The most sarky in terms of terrace noise - not saying I enjoy a chant of 'its so fucking easy', as my team succumb to yet another home defeat, but I admire the contempt. I reserve it for them anyway.

3. The fact that their academy churns out as many internationals as does my team.

4. Ryan Giggs; met him once when he lived in a certain area as a friend of mine, centre of the city. The best left winger of his/my generation. A really nice bloke.

I used to like you.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 pm

walmai wrote:I actually don't.

Here's a list as to why:

Away tickets sold - fair enough - their away support is one of the best, I dont think anyone could or would argue that, The reason why - a lot of their away support dont go to the home games - because they fucking hate what united have become.

The contempt, are you fucking joking. Thats not sarky, its fucking denigrating you, its arrogance

Their academy. How many internationals has it churned out in the last 10 years? I can only think of Fletcher and O'Shea, and maybe Richardson at a push apart from that, dont be fucking silly. How many have city turned out in the same timeframe

4/5 so what?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum