Spending spree if we get 4th?.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Spending spree if we get 4th?.

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:55 pm

What do you think guys if we get CL do you think we will go all out to conquer the footballing world?.I think we will blow everyone out the water with transfers and build an ustoppable juggernaut bent on world football domination.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Spending spree if we get 4th?.

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:59 pm

gillie wrote:What do you think guys if we get CL do you think we will go all out to conquer the footballing world?.I think we will blow everyone out the water with transfers and build an ustoppable juggernaut bent on world football domination.

I don't think that works. There are a lot of great football players out there, but only a few top top class ones.

I think we should use Real Madrids's Galactico teams as a bad example and make sure that we never try that ourselves. We need to build a well balanced squad. Doing that, Bellamy and Tevez are better purchases than Robinho and berbatov. I.E, itäs not all about skill.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Blue Toy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:09 pm

I think the whole game changes if we get 4th.

It's bad news for the 3 teams who finish above us. We will attract players of another level and have no doubts about it, the "big 3" will be praying we don't qualify for CL.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Lionheart » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Buy for one or 2 key positions (i.e. Defenders) and continue to tap up the best youth players all over the world.

..and build a massive academy.
Lionheart
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Blue Toy wrote:I think the whole game changes if we get 4th.

It's bad news for the 3 teams who finish above us. We will attract players of another level and have no doubts about it, the "big 3" will be praying we don't qualify for CL.

I think we will attract them but not necessarily sign them

I'd be very tempted to stick with the bulk of what we have aside from the centre midfield, and I think that will do very nicely next year. I dont think we will, or should go balls out for a villa or kaka or anyone like that.

I'd like to see maybe another goalscorer, a full on midfielder (fabregas keeps popoing up in the press) and a fair bit of dead wood shipped out. Aside from that, I think we are in pretty good shape
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

I'd be very tempted to stick with the bulk of what we have aside from the centre midfield, and I think that will do very nicely next year. I dont think we will, or should go balls out for a villa or kaka or anyone like that.

I'd like to see maybe another goalscorer, a full on midfielder (fabregas keeps popoing up in the press) and a fair bit of dead wood shipped out. Aside from that, I think we are in pretty good shape

You're talking a lot of sense for being drunk. Or maybe it's just because your one hour soberer than me.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lee_R » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Fabregas, Ibrahimovic, Chellini, Maicon a decent LB and then work on the academy.. that'll do!
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Lee_R wrote:Fabregas, Ibrahimovic, Chellini, Maicon a decent LB and then work on the academy.. that'll do!

ibra, no thanks. I seriously think Ade is better. If he went to Juve/Inter/Barca he would be banging them in for fun.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:26 pm

mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

You're talking a lot of sense for being drunk. Or maybe it's just because your one hour soberer than me.

Nobody has really annoyed me yet, the box is empty and my spelling is still ok. It must have been fake wine. Howver someone is dragging me into a munich argument that i really must avoid on another thread, but its like a moth to a flame
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:27 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Nobody has really annoyed me yet, the box is empty and my spelling is still ok. It must have been fake wine. Howver someone is dragging me into a munich argument that i really must avoid on another thread, but its like a moth to a flame

I think it maight be me. Wit, I have to open another tab and chek!
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Nooly he aint got no tabs you bastard lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Lee_R » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:32 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Fabregas, Ibrahimovic, Chellini, Maicon a decent LB and then work on the academy.. that'll do!

ibra, no thanks. I seriously think Ade is better. If he went to Juve/Inter/Barca he would be banging them in for fun.

Its all about having a strong squad though mate.. I like Ade too but Ibrahimovic repsects Mancini and would be a brilliant addition to the squad. We will be in 4 competitions next season and need quality throughout.
Lee_R

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Lee_R wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Its all about having a strong squad though mate.. I like Ade too but Ibrahimovic repsects Mancini and would be a brilliant addition to the squad. We will be in 4 competitions next season and need quality throughout.

Ibra wouldn't be happy unless he played 85-90% of the games.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Lee_R wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I think he would be a horrible addition

As much as Hughes had no tactical ability, he was trying to put together a team who would fight - and Ibra is not that. We would be silly to move away from that ethos.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Lee_R » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:43 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Lee_R wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I think he would be a horrible addition

As much as Hughes had no tactical ability, he was trying to put together a team who would fight - and Ibra is not that. We would be silly to move away from that ethos.

Well, you better hope I'm not the manager next season boys.. or thats who yer gettin! ;)
Lee_R

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Lee_R OUT
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lee_R » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:48 pm

mr_nool wrote:Lee_R OUT

:( ffs.
Lee_R

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Lee_R wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Lee_R OUT

:( ffs.

Just preparing you mate. Taking over from Roberto won't be easy... Two losses on a row and more than me will be screaming for you head...
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby M147WN » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:52 pm

mr_nool wrote:
gillie wrote:What do you think guys if we get CL do you think we will go all out to conquer the footballing world?.I think we will blow everyone out the water with transfers and build an ustoppable juggernaut bent on world football domination.

I don't think that works. There are a lot of great football players out there, but only a few top top class ones.

I think we should use Real Madrids's Galactico teams as a bad example and make sure that we never try that ourselves. We need to build a well balanced squad. Doing that, Bellamy and Tevez are better purchases than Robinho and berbatov. I.E, itäs not all about skill.

Absolutely right mate!
We need players with passion for the game and workaholics! I'd be more comfortable with bringing in exiting young talent who have the right personna!
Would Kaka really have pulled his tripe out for the cause? NO!!
David Villa would be a disaster in the EPL after so many years in his comfort zone!

Now I don't follow any other football than City so you experts on euopean and world football will know far more but you have to predict how a potential player will adopt to his new surrounding, new language etc. and plainy some of the current superstars would treat us as a cash cow and not bring their best to the table.
Whoever sanctioned Adam Johnsons signiture should be shook firmly by the hand as this is the kind of player we should be after!

Tevez is clearly a lone spirit who rests is head where he feels most comfortable and doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks but I reckon he is the exemption to the rule as it goes!

i don't want players here who don't fully buy into the idea of being the best by hard work and graft!
And while were on it I think Mancini IS the man to get the best out of established players and new recruits and i would be quite content to give him a 5 year deal as he is clearly the most gifted manager we've had for 40 years!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:26 pm

We may well go all out to have a go at conquering, but i dont think that City will try and just buy that. We might add some choice players to beef it up a bit and some young talent to come and learn.

Anyway still way too early to talk seriously about this as we still haven't seen what this team can do when it is on form. If we can maintain playing well it will allow others to regain form and play better, as seen with Barry recently cos the front 4 gain him some extra space. We haven't yet seen what this team and the individuals in it can do.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum