Laziness/Local Pride?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Laziness/Local Pride?

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:40 pm

When Bellamy got the ball on the left in the last minute and took it to the half-way line, nobody made a run for him. This resulted in him trying to play a diagonal ball across the pitch to SWP, the ball never got there and we all know what happened next.

Why wasn't Ireland bombing forward to give Bellamy an outlet? Why did SWP not try harder to get back after the ball had been intercepted?

People always talk about local lads/players who have come through the ranks understanding more about what a Derby game is all about, I didn't see much evidence of that today from the academy product subs!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Laziness/Local Pride?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:41 pm

King Kev wrote:When Bellamy got the ball on the left in the last minute and took it to the half-way line, nobody made a run for him. This resulted in him trying to play a diagonal ball across the pitch to SWP, the ball never got there and we all know what happened next.

Why wasn't Ireland bombing forward to give Bellamy an outlet? Why did SWP not try harder to get back after the ball had been intercepted?

People always talk about local lads/players who have come through the ranks understanding more about what a Derby game is all about, I didn't see much evidence of that today from the academy product subs!

IMO swp and Ireland can fuck off in the summer.

SWP wants more money ...ha ha ha ..is he fucking pissed?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CityGer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:50 pm

King Kev wrote:When Bellamy got the ball on the left in the last minute and took it to the half-way line, nobody made a run for him. This resulted in him trying to play a diagonal ball across the pitch to SWP, the ball never got there and we all know what happened next.

I've nothing to add to that other than to say that the same thoughts have been going through my head since the final whistle.

It was almost as if they were trying to show how pissed off they are at not getting regular playing time. SWP, in particular was shocking, we'd have been better served putting me on.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:09 pm

I noticed that too, but it really didn't need the long ball. All we needed to do was keep posession.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:26 pm

The lack of effort from swp & ireland told us all we needed to know, considering they'd only been on the pitch for about 15 minutes.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

IMO swp and Ireland can fuck off in the summer.

SWP wants more money ...ha ha ha ..is he fucking pissed?

Here here to that mate.. But lets get top 4 first then talk about it I think people are still a bit pissed about the defeat :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:11 pm

as soon as we lost possession I was screaming for SWP to get back and cover and the ball eventually came back to where he should have been and the cross came in for scholes and he scored.

Fucking ridiculous. I LOVE SWP enormously but today he really pissed me off big time.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby paddyblue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:15 pm

ireland was the main culprit,he stood and watched scholes move past him in to the area and began jogging toward the box
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:27 pm

I've just watched a re-run of the game and don't get where you're coming from? Stevie's sprinting back just prior to the header but the ball's passed in front of him, and let's not forget this is his first 10 minutes of football for a long time.

Shaun for me changed the game when he came on. He got past Evra a few times and got the free-kick on the edge of their box, as well as switching flanks. When the ball was lost he had just sprinted the near length of the pitch about 3 or 4 times and was still going forward from the momentum. We still had most of the team back so it would be fare to say that one of them should have picked up their players.

Why didn't Paddy stop the goal?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:02 pm

adebayor is the laziest football ive seen play.

Ireland did sweet FA after all the noise i made for him warming up. Stupid fucking draw mentality and that can be aimed at alot of people on here who said the same on here last night¬! Mancini probably read that thread!! U dont beat united unless u ATTACK.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Longball » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:31 pm

i agree king kev, i have to say i think there was a lot of nervousness in our play and they got that from bobby as i think he was nervous all week in his interviews
Longball
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Oxfam
My favourite player is: Kompany

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:41 pm

free header. Ireland strolling around when hes just fucking come on the wanker! Veira absolute shite. And nobody helping bellamy
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:30 am

It seems that so many players could take at least some blame for that goal. Bellers for attemting that pass , SWP for not reading it better and certainly not sprinting back to cover. Two players were attracted to the pass forward and neither seemed to be aware Evra was free on the wing, Ireland for not tracking Scholes properly , somebody in the middle for allowing Scholes to be free smack in the middle of the box. But also if we were accepting the point rather than going for the draw had the boss given the instructions to hold the ball and play out time. I am sure if we had been one up when Bellers got the ball he would have just turned around and headed for the corner flag. It was all very confusing but it was a team failure.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:53 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:It seems that so many players could take at least some blame for that goal. Bellers for attemting that pass , SWP for not reading it better and certainly not sprinting back to cover. Two players were attracted to the pass forward and neither seemed to be aware Evra was free on the wing, Ireland for not tracking Scholes properly , somebody in the middle for allowing Scholes to be free smack in the middle of the box. But also if we were accepting the point rather than going for the draw had the boss given the instructions to hold the ball and play out time. I am sure if we had been one up when Bellers got the ball he would have just turned around and headed for the corner flag. It was all very confusing but it was a team failure.

I don't think that players with the experience of Bellamy need to get instructions from the boss on what to do in that situation.
When he won the ball and ran to the halfway line, he had Tevez and SWP ahead of him and 3 or 4 rags defenders. There was still
half a minute left (he wouldn't have known that of course) and it looked like he was trying to set-up a goal scoring chance, which was absolutely correct.
Unfortunately he made the wrong choice with his long 50-50 pass. Instead he should have ran with it and possibly passed it to Tevez closer to their box which could have resulted in something. In the least, time would have been up and the rags would not had that last chance to score.
Yes, maybe 3 or 4 players could be blamed for allowing the goal in but it all started with Beller's bad choice which cost us the match and possibly 4th spot and worst of all may end up helping the rags to win their 4th title in a row !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:59 am

The thing that keeps coming up is that the rags have many players that are UNITED through and through that ONLY ever played for united. They know what it means. Look at how much neville hates us! We have players like adebayor and toure who couldnt give a fuck!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I've just watched a re-run of the game and don't get where you're coming from? Stevie's sprinting back just prior to the header but the ball's passed in front of him, and let's not forget this is his first 10 minutes of football for a long time.

There is rustiness, and there is laziness.

I havent watched a re-run of the goal, so wont criticise him for that., but Ireland did a fucking Benjani impression, coming on, strolling around as though we were winning 5.0 - didnt close anyone down, gave up as soon as the ball went past him. It was a shameful performance from a player who claims he will still be running in the 95th minute, and thats what gives him the edge. He couldnt be arsed running after 5 mins on the pitch, and no amount of ring rust is an excuse for a total lack of effort
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I've just watched a re-run of the game and don't get where you're coming from? Stevie's sprinting back just prior to the header but the ball's passed in front of him, and let's not forget this is his first 10 minutes of football for a long time.

I havent watched a re-run of the goal, so wont criticise him for that., but Ireland did a fucking Benjani impression, coming on, strolling around as though we were winning 5.0 - didnt close anyone down, gave up as soon as the ball went past him. It was a shameful performance from a player who claims he will still be running in the 95th minute, and thats what gives him the edge. He couldnt be arsed running after 5 mins on the pitch, and no amount of ring rust is an excuse for a total lack of effort

we need to know why.

Has he had a medical condition/ heart trouble?
Is he off in the summer?
Are these lads getting pissed off that lazy fuckers like veira are coming in on higher wages than them?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Nick wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

we need to know why.

Has he had a medical condition/ heart trouble?
Is he off in the summer?
Are these lads getting pissed off that lazy fuckers like veira are coming in on higher wages than them?

Ireland cannot play in anything other than the role Hughes created for him last season. As soon as he changed the system this year, Ireland was poor. He is simply extremely poor at adapting, and has been under at least 4 different managers now. Perhaps aslo suffereing mentally that he was touted as potentially one of the very best last year, yet has struggled to even make the bench this year due to poor form / lack of application

SWP, could have won it for us, and played better than Johnson. Needs to up his game though, maybe there is a feeling that he is a bit too predicatable after all these years in the prem.

If it is about money, (which I seriously doubt) I'll personally drive them to their next club in the summer.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Blue2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:20 am

paddyblue wrote:ireland was the main culprit,he stood and watched scholes move past him in to the area and began jogging toward the box

100% correct, he just stood and watched.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 am

paddyblue wrote:ireland was the main culprit,he stood and watched scholes move past him in to the area and began jogging toward the box

It was his fucking duty to mark Scholes. What pissed me off most was his reaction after goal though. He didn't look arsed.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum