We bottled it..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We bottled it..

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:22 pm

says them gooners. Haha

According to many of them we were their last hope for the title.

I know I shouldnt laugh, but we never thought of Arsenal before this game, and they were jumping up and down during our game lol

I was shattered by that goal and sick for a while but I admit I'm feeling better now.
This thing is still in our hands and no way its over like some are making it to be.

Bring on next week, we own the Emirates... literally
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Re: We bottled it..

Postby omgwtf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:00 pm

I think we bottled it.

That City team has some sort of inferiority complex when it comes to the rags; I honestly believe we have under performed in all this season’s derby’s because we have gone in to all the games showing them too much respect.

We went 2-1 up in the Cup at Coms and froze when we had them on the ropes; we nearly succeeded in losing the game from a winning position

Same in both Derby’s at the Swamp, we only performed in patches.

Today we were happy to have a wall off 8 players on the edge of our penalty area for long periods, and hit a team who were low in confidence coming in to this match on the break.

I don’t care what formation we had, it was obvious there was a collective reluctance to venture past the half way line for long periods.

How can you justify any game plan that gives 35 year old Scholes the freedom to Rome the park .

Tevez and Adebayor had no service or support, we could have played this match with no strikers such was the manager’s game plan.

Taking off Johsnon and Adebayor said everything you needed to know about our managers game plan, as did bringing on Vieira.

We played for a draw because we bottled it and ended up for the 3rd time this season with nothing
omgwtf
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: gods own club
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:07 pm

we bottle it everytime we need to win an important game, its typical city strikes again and again, its another year where we are built up and knocked down yet again, i just wish today would start again cos its been a bed day all round, ive seen rags walking round gobbing off as tho they just won the league, i really do wish this club would banish the typical city scenario, i know we arent out of it yet but were making it very hard for ourselves,

its been a bad day 8-((
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:17 pm

dick dastardley wrote:we bottle it everytime we need to win an important game, its typical city strikes again and again, its another year where we are built up and knocked down yet again

chelsea
sunderland
fulham
everton
wigan
burnley
birmingham

WERE ALL FUCKING MUST WINS

Come on get some nouse fella
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby psut1 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:23 pm

omgwtf wrote:I think we bottled it.

That City team has some sort of inferiority complex when it comes to the rags; I honestly believe we have under performed in all this season’s derby’s because we have gone in to all the games showing them too much respect.

We went 2-1 up in the Cup at Coms and froze when we had them on the ropes; we nearly succeeded in losing the game from a winning position

Same in both Derby’s at the Swamp, we only performed in patches.

Today we were happy to have a wall off 8 players on the edge of our penalty area for long periods, and hit a team who were low in confidence coming in to this match on the break.

I don’t care what formation we had, it was obvious there was a collective reluctance to venture past the half way line for long periods.

How can you justify any game plan that gives 35 year old Scholes the freedom to Rome the park .

Tevez and Adebayor had no service or support, we could have played this match with no strikers such was the manager’s game plan.

Taking off Johsnon and Adebayor said everything you needed to know about our managers game plan, as did bringing on Vieira.

We played for a draw because we bottled it and ended up for the 3rd time this season with nothing

100%
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Crossie » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Agreed, we didnt dare win.

Gareth Barry needs a personality transplant or some testosterone tablets because that man has no fucking balls.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:we bottle it everytime we need to win an important game, its typical city strikes again and again, its another year where we are built up and knocked down yet again

chelsea
sunderland
fulham
everton
wigan
burnley
birmingham

yeah they were must wins but when ever we have a chance to go the step further , make an impact , we bottle it. like today.
i said before the game the only way we will get beat today is if we bottle it. and low and behold what happens. we bottled it.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

chelsea
sunderland
fulham
everton
wigan
burnley
birmingham

this
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby branny » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:28 pm

Injury time again. WTF? Do they never learn? And whats this 3 wingers business? FFS Adebayor, you won't score from the touchline. Bellers put some decent balls across and Ade was nowhere to be seen. Onuoha MOM for me.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby guv111 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:31 pm

We DID bottle it. I'm still angry all these bloody hours later, and for so many reasons (it hardly helped that Spurs won). Dan-dan the Raggy Man was writing about City in a positive manner in the Guardian yesterday, and I couldn't fault too much of what he said at the time, about us being ready to step out of the Scum's shadow, etc. I was really optimistic and after recent big wins thought that the players would do us proud. Some naive hope that was. As it turned out, we bottled it completely, and were so hopeless that a draw was about the best we deserved - we couldn't even manage that, and we would still have been fifth tonight if we had. Crap weekend.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum