I'm so angry at derby defeat, admits Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I'm so angry at derby defeat, admits Mancini

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Roberto Mancini watched in despair as City lost another knife-edge derby in the dying seconds to leave the normally-placid Blues boss admitting his anger.

Less than half a minute remained when Paul Scholes rose to head the last-gasp only goal that left City's players devastated and put a dent in the bid for a Champions League place.

City were pipped 4-3 at Old Trafford in the League to a goal in the seventh minute of time added on, then saw Wayne Rooney grab a late, late strike in the Carling Cup semi-final.

Mancini said: "Football is very cruel sometimes. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose in the last minute. But we never win in the last minute!

"I hope next time it can happen for us, that we win the game like that when we don't deserve to win the game.

"We have improved a lot from the last
derby but in the last two games
against them we didn't deserve to lose.
They score a goal always in the last
second"

"Now we are disappointed and I am angry, because I know football very well and sometimes you don't deserve to lose. Tomorrow I hope that will pass, and we will start over again.

"If you don't play well and you lose the game, that's one thing. But when you play as well as the other team and have chances, and lose in the last seconds, you are very, very unlucky."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: I'm so angry at derby defeat, admits Mancini

Postby Vhero » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:45 pm

He's right though and he sounds as gutted as we are.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Citeh&Crew » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:56 pm

Mancini is a good manager, and I hope he stays. Today's result is not his fault, as we played ManU even, up to becoming lax in the last minute. Mancini can only make the decisions, he can't go in and show the players how to one-touch a shot, which should have happened at least twice today for good opportunities at a goal. (E.g. Bellamy and Barry)

I know he wouldn't do the this.. but I would love to see him run the team through a vigorous 60 minutes to tire them out, and THEN have them defend counter-attacks over and over again . Any players who failed to mark a man? Off the squad for the next game.
Citeh&Crew

Postby lythamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:05 pm

So am I!

We weren't 'unlucky' to lose to them in the dying seconds for three games in a row.

Once would be unlucky ..... twice could be coincidental ..... but three times?? Sorry, that is starting to prove something meaningful.

If we really believed we could win, and each team member was confident in each others ability to perform, then we would approach the game correctly right from the start, get a couple of goals up, batter them into submission ...... and it wouldn't matter whether Scholes, Rooney , Owen or whoever scores in the dying seconds, because it would be irrelevant.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mancitymark » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Never heard so much tosh from a manger

he is "gutted "? ... His tactics were to get a point , his substitutions were to get a point , he showed no desire to win this game.

He gambled and lost .... Big time.

Once the airports are open I will drive him there myself

I hate that twitching twat at spurs , but he is twice the manager Mancini will ever be.

Do us a favour and resign
mancitymark
Robinho's Step Over

Postby lythamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:15 pm

mancitymark wrote:Never heard so much tosh from a manger

he is "gutted "? ... His tactics were to get a point , his substitutions were to get a point , he showed no desire to win this game.

I hate that twitching twat at spurs , but he is twice the manager Mancini will ever be.

Do us a favour and resign

Here we go again ..... sack the manager FFS!!

Do some people never fookin learn?????? It's attitudes like these that have put us in the situation we have been in for the last 30 years.

We lost mate ..... grow up!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:47 pm

mancitymark wrote:Never heard so much tosh from a manger

now i will do you all a favour and fuckoff
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Spurge » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:19 pm

lythamblue wrote:So am I!

We weren't 'unlucky' to lose to them in the dying seconds for three games in a row.

Once would be unlucky ..... twice could be coincidental ..... but three times?? Sorry, that is starting to prove something meaningful.

If we really believed we could win, and each team member was confident in each others ability to perform, then we would approach the game correctly right from the start, get a couple of goals up, batter them into submission ...... and it wouldn't matter whether Scholes, Rooney , Owen or whoever scores in the dying seconds, because it would be irrelevant.

Bang on
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby guv111 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:47 pm

Saying you're "angry" after a defeat has become a cliche. It's what fans expect (or hope?) managers will say, so they say it. Well, after today's shambles, I don't give a stuff about how angry Mancini is: he's a professional, there is no way that he or the average City player will feel as bad as any of us. Seriously, I don't want to hear it - especially from someone as inept as he was today. He can stick it.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Not being funny but it was his fucking fault. Screamed all game that if they scored it was our fault. Just let them pass it about and que up outside our box. He wanted a point and it cost us. Genius idea to bring on Veira...... WTF

johnson has a bad game and so did fucking adebayor. He was lazy as fuck. Dont think hes the answer.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:42 pm

I was pretty pissed off myself to be honest Bob.

How about in future we don't stand on the edge of our penalty area and invite the opposition to attack us, maybe we shouldn't show them so much respect that we are too scared to commit more than 2 players into their penalty area at an one time, how about we be brave enough to still try to win the game in the 90th minute rather than settle for a draw... and and up losing.

I'm pissed and probably not making much sense, sorry but I am also 'angry'.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Wasnt as angry as every one of our fans.

He just said ''we will finish 4th'' do promise? He said oh definately!

I keep hoping these last minute loses rev the players and manager up and get them so determined to beat them, but im not sure. Wwe psycologically lose to them now every time. Keegan, Sp, Sven all ATTACKED! Even then hughes attacked at OT and we were still fucked!

Lets just count down the days till scholes et al. pass away and there fucked.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Pretty silly to promise 4th spot when it looks VERY unlikely.

I reckon Spurs can get a point of United and they will definitely beat Bolton and Burnley imho. We definitely have to beat them at the COMS now, even a draw won't be good enough anymore I reckon.

Will we get anything from the Arsenal game? I doubt it.
Will we beat Villa? Based on today's performance I would say no. Will we beat West Ham? Not so certain about that either.

This weekend well and truly fucked things up.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:27 am

Am I the first person to ask why Bellamy played such a dumb speculative crossfield pass with seconds remaining??
Thats never been his forte, so why try it then?
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:29 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Pretty silly to promise 4th spot when it looks VERY unlikely.

I reckon Spurs can get a point of U***d and they will definitely beat Bolton and Burnley imho. We definitely have to beat them at the COMS now, even a draw won't be good enough anymore I reckon.

Will we beat Villa? Based on today's performance I would say no. Will we beat West Ham? Not so certain about that either.

We can win EVERY SINGLE ONE of our remaining games if Mancini sends the team out to win, from the 1st minute of the first half, and not the 1st minute of the second half, as is his wont!
The Original Special One

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:32 am

some of you lads wouldn't understand playing on the break if you watched footy for the rest of your feckin lives.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby edge275 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:34 am

The Original Special One wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:Pretty silly to promise 4th spot when it looks VERY unlikely.

I reckon Spurs can get a point of U***d and they will definitely beat Bolton and Burnley imho. We definitely have to beat them at the COMS now, even a draw won't be good enough anymore I reckon.

We can win EVERY SINGLE ONE of our remaining games if Mancini sends the team out to win, from the 1st minute of the first half, and not the 1st minute of the second half, as is his wont!

if we don't finish fourth, barring a catastrophe from now till the end of the season it won't be Mancini's fault it will be Hughes' fault.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:57 am

edge275 wrote:
The Original Special One wrote:

if we don't finish fourth, barring a catastrophe from now till the end of the season it won't be Mancini's fault it will be Hughes' fault.

no it won't: Mancini has had ample time, and personnel who've got accustomed to each other, to sort it.
If Mancini had attacked ManUre from the off today, we could have buried them.
Instead he told our players to back off, and let them come at us!
The Original Special One

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:00 am

Nick wrote:Not being funny but it was his fucking fault. Screamed all game that if they scored it was our fault. Just let them pass it about and que up outside our box. He wanted a point and it cost us. Genius idea to bring on Veira...... WTF

johnson has a bad game and so did fucking adebayor. He was lazy as fuck. Dont think hes the answer.

Johnson has looked World Class against run of the mill players.
But against a genuine World-class full back he was cruelly exposed.
As was Mancini's tactic of playing him out of position
The Original Special One

Return to The Maine Football forum