FOUR WINS AND WE'RE IN...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FOUR WINS AND WE'RE IN...

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Having watched the Arse today i must say i really fancy our chances down there against that back four and a keeper that is a fuck up waiting to happen at any given moment.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:36 pm

gillie wrote:Having watched the Arse today i must say i really fancy our chances down there against that back four and a keeper that is a fuck up waiting to happen at any given moment.

Time for some reality on our chances at The Emirates next week.

Arsenal are a totally different propisiton on their own ground, fact.

Van Persie will start the game next week as he needs some matches pre-world cup, fact.

Our record at either the Emirates or Highbury is beyond awful, fact.

Adebayor will shit himself at the reception he gets next week, will go into his shell and do absolutely nowt, fact.

We will not win there, end of. A point would also be a surprise.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
gillie wrote:Having watched the Arse today i must say i really fancy our chances down there against that back four and a keeper that is a fuck up waiting to happen at any given moment.

Van Persie will start the game next week as he needs some matches pre-world cup, fact.

Adebayor will shit himself at the reception he gets next week, will go into his shell and do absolutely nowt, fact.

Well i for one hope you dont have to give the team talk Goat mate lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:42 pm

gillie wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:

Im keeping it real Gillie. I have no faith whatsoever and history tells us we will get nothing there next week, its a bloody graveyard for us.

Wenger will be smarting after today too, as will there home crowd so that result today at Wigan did absolutely nothing to aid our cause. Plus they will want one over us after events at COMS this season. Yes they are weak at the back but Bridge defending Walcott gives me the creeps. I also dont think we will see much of the ball either.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
gillie wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:

Im keeping it real Gillie. I have no faith whatsoever and history tells us we will get nothing there next week, its a bloody graveyard for us.

Wenger will be smarting after today too, as will there home crowd so that result today at Wigan did absolutely nothing to aid our cause. Plus they will want one over us after events at COMS this season. Yes they are weak at the back but Bridge defending Walcott gives me the creeps. I also dont think we will see much of the ball either.

Well i am in the other school of thought after seeing them capitulate to Wigwam earlier if we want it we will win no doubt in my mind.And as today at the DW all records are there to be broken.Believe mate otherwise whats the point in shouting ourselves daft come match time?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby giokingkladze » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:55 pm

I reckon we'll both lose next week... we'll then have to win the last three to get it, which we will
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:That's the spirit, it's not as if we've lost a game before is it!

Its a four game season Beefy

Very true mate, and I'm sure none of them will go to plan for any of the teams left with a chance. There are many twists and turns to come.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:That's the spirit, it's not as if we've lost a game before is it!

Very true mate, and I'm sure none of them will go to plan for any of the teams left with a chance. There are many twists and turns to come.

Well fuck me...STOP THE BUS LADS....LETS NOT GO DOWN TO LONDON, LETS NOT BOTHER COMPETING IN THE REMAINING GAMES...

LETS FUCKING LAY DOWN AND FUCKING DIE LIKE WE ALWAYS DO...WITHOUT A FIGHT, EH?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:01 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

Well fuck me...STOP THE BUS LADS....LETS NOT GO DOWN TO LONDON, LETS NOT BOTHER COMPETING IN THE REMAINING GAMES...

NO LETS WIN OUR LAST FOUR GAMES AND STRIDE MAJESTICALLY ON TO WORLD FOOTBALL DOMINATION LIKE OUR OWNERS DREAMT OF WHEN THEY BOUGHT US.FUCKING YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

What the players and management do next week will in no way be influenced by my opinion. However after following City for over 30 years, and seeing the majority of the games this season in person I think any realist can see whats coming hence the viewpoint. Hope your'e optimism is right and I'm wrong but I see nothing to think we will get a result next week so refuse to be suckered in by City again after yesterday, thats where I'm coming from.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:20 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

WHAT'S THIS....GET AT BEEFY NIGHT......AND IF I SAY IT LOUDLY.......IT'LL GET A REACTION!!!

Well pal, you can have whatever reaction you want, but to come out with shit like that, you definately don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Do you get seriously depressed if we lose a game?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

WHAT'S THIS....GET AT BEEFY NIGHT......AND IF I SAY IT LOUDLY.......IT'LL GET A REACTION!!!

Well pal, you can have whatever reaction you want, but to come out with shit like that, you definately don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Beefy i think he missinterpreted your post mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:42 pm

gillie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

Beefy i think he missinterpreted your post mate.

Ahhhh, cheers mate.

If you did MB, then I apologise for mine. If not, fuck ya ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Do I get depressed when we lose?... Not half as much as some miserable cunts on here.

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:10 pm

Apologies chaps. Beefy inparticular. I got nark ed by your earlier comment about not losing a game

In general, we have the best squad we've had for years, yet we still seem to be wallowing in a pit of negativity. We have four games left... I believe the players can do it, and that we the support have an important role to play in carrying them to victory.

Manx Blue

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:42 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Our last 3 tough homes have brought us no goals . None at all against Lpool ,Everton and the scum. Why haven't we managed to score against these 3 and to be brutal we didn't really look like scoring in any of them did we?

I just wonder why that is and whether we can turn it round in the final two home games which are also tough ones.Is it just because the key attacking players just didn't play well on the day or is it down to how the TEAM approached the game a little too cautiously.

Whatever the answer we will have to play to the top of our ability in the final 4 games to get 4th and for me it needs a very positive approach in all games. I have no doubt if we sit back and look to contain and sneak a win that we will not do it. Not silly all out attack but a team playing to it's strengths and fully believing in itself.

Disagree about everton mate! Think that ones the anomalie. We HAMMERED them until they got the goal from the free-kick (that was was as much as a free kick as the Barry penalty was on saturday).

I agree we have to go for it. We were crap under Mancini until we decided to go for it. Some people say that was the players and not Mancini releasing the shackles.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum