Why did our attacking players have bad games?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Why did our attacking players have bad games?

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:47 pm

I mean ALL of bellamy, tevez and ade?!

I cant think of the answer. I was certain ade would have a good game if the pressure got to tevez. (who is a tool for making those comments by the way, i thought it was just media re-hash).
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Why did our attacking players have bad games?

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Was it because they had no support from our midfield who were stood 20 yards from our goal line waiting to defend?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:57 pm

King Kev wrote:Was it because they had no support from our midfield who were stood 20 yards from our goal line waiting to defend?

This ^^

We can't expect Ade, Tevez and Bellers to win the game for us, we need to work as a team and today when we got our attack up and running there was no support for the front men.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Redna » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:58 pm

It was a bad moon.
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby blues-clues » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:19 pm

King Kev wrote:Was it because they had no support from our midfield who were stood 20 yards from our goal line waiting to defend?

Bloody right mate.

Trying to find a strke partner going across the pitch all the time brings in all their defenders but leaves them basically in position. Attacking midfielders can create gaps by pulling defenders out of position which gives the strikers more room to move and pass. It is simple stuff. We did fine in the Carling Cup with our midfield playing much closer to the strikers and giving them the support they needed.

That said Bellamy made some bad decisions and we barely had a decent cross or corner all match. Tevez did not seem fully motivated and Ade was his usual self...
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby walmai » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

This ^^

We can't expect Ade, Tevez and Bellers to win the game for us, we need to work as a team and today when we got our attack up and running there was no support for the front men.

You can't expect £65M worth of talent to conjure up a moment's magic? I expect that from the reserve strikers who have played throughout our miserable season. Let me see; Cole, Franco, Hines, Nouble, McCarthy, Ilan, Mido.

Probably worth the combined weekly wage of your strikeforce today. ;0)

Still, its a twist and turn season. Daft to imagine that players of the calibre in your squad won't turn it on for the last games you have. Adebayor will love to score at Th'Em, Bellamy's nailed on for a hat-trick at our place. Tevez will get at least 3 before the end of the season.

And that Johnson lad. What a pick. No wonder SWP's looking worried about his next deal.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:28 pm

walmai wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

This ^^

You can't expect £65M worth of talent to conjure up a moment's magic? I expect that from the reserve strikers who have played throughout our miserable season. Let me see; Cole, Franco, Hines, Nouble, McCarthy, Ilan, Mido.

Probably worth the combined weekly wage of your strikeforce today. ;0)

Still, its a twist and turn season. Daft to imagine that players of the calibre in your squad won't turn it on for the last games you have. Adebayor will love to score at Th'Em, Bellamy's nailed on for a hat-trick at our place. Tevez will get at least 3 before the end of the season.

And that Johnson lad. What a pick. No wonder SWP's looking worried about his next deal.

mate can you somehow get to the the hammers and zola and try and them to take the foot of the gas.. please! :-)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby walmai » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:36 pm

I feel welcome here and thanks for that...

...but something tells me that going down so you can visit the San Siro is stretching it a touch, mate.

I can't promise to be clear of danger on Last Day and, after a terrible season, you're going to have to bear with us on this.

Anfield next. Last victory for us there was in 1963.

Agent Dowie. Are you receiving?
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Return to The Maine Football forum