Oh Dear.....Mancini promises to finish fourth

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Oh Dear.....Mancini promises to finish fourth

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:11 pm

Of all the things to say why say that you tit.....you know it's gonna come back and bite him in the arse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8627288.stm
Last edited by Mark (Blue Army) on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Oh Dear.....Mancini promises to finish fourth

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:14 pm

He knows if we don't he's sacked anyway,so he has nothing to loose only pride,and he has already lost that now.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby blues-clues » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:21 pm

He looks drained and like he doesn't believe.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:23 pm

That's like Rafa "guaranteeing" 4th spot...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:25 pm

viking the Odd wrote:He knows if we don't he's sacked anyway,so he has nothing to loose only pride,and he has already lost that now.

who do you really think will be tapped up to manage this club if we sack Mancini?

i don't believe he will get sacked if he misses 4th.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:26 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
viking the Odd wrote:He knows if we don't he's sacked anyway,so he has nothing to loose only pride,and he has already lost that now.

who do you really think will be tapped up to manage this club if we sack Mancini?

cheers

I don't think so either. If he does it would be absolutely ridiculous.
avoidconfusion

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:26 pm

fuck that, thats EXACTLY the attitude we want! and want hughes started to show and got praised for it.

Fuck all this, MAYBE and POSSIBLY and we hope so. We MUST get it.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:38 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Hughes.

[goes out clubbing]
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

He came here for the job to get 4th,if he fails,he will be sacked, our next manager, who knows, but someone who can instill a winning atitude would help, should he be sacked, probaly not, but he won't of done the job he was asked to do,then my guess is the board will boot him out,and shout next !.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby omgwtf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:49 pm

Deep down in his heart He knows we have blown it.

he probably wishes he had been a bit more pro-active on the pitch

I know I do (lol )
omgwtf
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: gods own club
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:50 pm

viking the Odd wrote: He came here for the job to get 4th,if he fails,he will be sacked, our next manager, who knows, but someone who can instill a winning atitude would help, should he be sacked, probaly not, but he won't of done the job he was asked to do,then my guess is the board will boot him out,and shout next !.

It would be an absolute joke if Mancini is sacked after only half a season. The board would be absolute bonkers to sack him imho.
avoidconfusion

Postby stinky pete » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:51 pm

we,ll get beat next week beat villa and the spuds will beat us sending us all home early. poor tactics today very poor,piss poor.
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
viking the Odd wrote: He came here for the job to get 4th,if he fails,he will be sacked, our next manager, who knows, but someone who can instill a winning atitude would help, should he be sacked, probaly not, but he won't of done the job he was asked to do,then my guess is the board will boot him out,and shout next !.

It would be an absolute joke if Mancini is sacked after only half a season. The board would be absolute bonkers to sack him imho.

Maybe,maybe not, he does not seem to learn though does he, Stoke was a joke, Everton a farce, scum,the same, there is a pattern here, he may not be the man to do the job, so why waste another season on him,and why not get the right man in from the start of the new season, that's how the board will think,and that is what they will do, will he of done enough by finishing 5-6th, I don't think they will think so, my guess is he will be packing his bags soon.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:01 pm

viking the Odd wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

Maybe,maybe not, he does not seem to learn though does he, Stoke was a joke, Everton a farce, scum,the same, there is a pattern here, he may not be the man to do the job, so why waste another season on him,and why not get the right man in from the start of the new season, that's how the board will think,and that is what they will do, will he of done enough by finishing 5-6th, I don't think they will think so, my guess is he will be packing his bags soon.

Again its hit and miss, if we didnt get fourth I would be 50.50, weve been SHOCKING in alot of his games, in alot of games we won also e.g. pompey so it was forgotton. Wigan before we scored is another one. BUT youve gotta expect that for a new manager.

This important thing is that there is nobody else.

Jose I dont want. Madrid job is his.

The only two i would think of are HIddink and Guardiola.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:02 pm

some prime candidates for anti-Legend status are posting in this thread. Take note.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Hiddink took the Turkey job. Guardialo signed a new contract with Barca.

Mourinho would be the ONLY manager I would just about be able to accept as a replacement for Mancini.
I think overall Mancini is doing a good job with what he had and he really be given at least 1 full season minimum. It makes no sense to sack the manager again, we will never ever progress if we keep changing managers every season.

I understand that we should not stick with a manager just because we do not want to keep changing managers but Mancini has done fine thus far I think. I reckon he needs the summer window to strengthen our midfield and defense a bit more and that's it.

And constantly changing managers does not really have a positive effect on players either.
avoidconfusion

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Whatever his failings, and I'll leave others to list them, he comes over as going for it. He doesn't see any reason why we can't finish 4th this season, and higher still next year.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby guv111 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:31 pm

It's a silly and empty promise. No individual can make a definite claim that their team will win certain matches (not at this level, anyway), unless it's been agreed beforehand of course. To me it sounds like the ramblings of a desperate man.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby edge275 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:41 pm

guv111 wrote:It's a silly and empty promise. No individual can make a definite claim that their team will win certain matches (not at this level, anyway), unless it's been agreed beforehand of course. To me it sounds like the ramblings of a desperate man.

What a load of shite.

Listen. The journalist said "do you THINK you will finish fourth?"

"Mancini said "Yes"

The journalist then followed up with "Is that a promise?"

Now what is he supposed to say here? Remember he still doesn't have 100% grasp of the English language so he can't go into a full detailed explanation - what's he supposed to do?

"No I don't" - Next day media is all over it, players are disappointed, khaldoon and co are going apeshit

"Maybe" - Next day back page of every newspaper "MANCINIO DOUBTS HE WILL FINISH FOURTH - SQUAD IN DISARRAY"

"Yes we will" - Boosts squad's confidence in the manager, lays down the gauntlet.

They are his choices to the question, what else can he do?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:48 pm

edge275 wrote:
guv111 wrote:It's a silly and empty promise. No individual can make a definite claim that their team will win certain matches (not at this level, anyway), unless it's been agreed beforehand of course. To me it sounds like the ramblings of a desperate man.

What a load of shite.

Listen. The journalist said "do you THINK you will finish fourth?"

"Mancini said "Yes"

The journalist then followed up with "Is that a promise?"

Now what is he supposed to say here? Remember he still doesn't have 100% grasp of the English language so he can't go into a full detailed explanation - what's he supposed to do?

"No I don't" - Next day media is all over it, players are disappointed, khaldoon and co are going apeshit

"Maybe" - Next day back page of every newspaper "MANCINIO DOUBTS HE WILL FINISH FOURTH - SQUAD IN DISARRAY"

"Yes we will" - Boosts squad's confidence in the manager, lays down the gauntlet.

They are his choices to the question, what else can he do?

Cheers mate, was wondering what was actually said. So, a non-story then that certain elements can twist for their own agenda?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum