Oh Dear.....Mancini promises to finish fourth

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Oh Dear.....Mancini promises to finish fourth

Postby edge275 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
edge275 wrote:
guv111 wrote:It's a silly and empty promise. No individual can make a definite claim that their team will win certain matches (not at this level, anyway), unless it's been agreed beforehand of course. To me it sounds like the ramblings of a desperate man.

What a load of shite.

Listen. The journalist said "do you THINK you will finish fourth?"

"Mancini said "Yes"

The journalist then followed up with "Is that a promise?"

Now what is he supposed to say here? Remember he still doesn't have 100% grasp of the English language so he can't go into a full detailed explanation - what's he supposed to do?

"No I don't" - Next day media is all over it, players are disappointed, khaldoon and co are going apeshit

"Maybe" - Next day back page of every newspaper "MANCINIO DOUBTS HE WILL FINISH FOURTH - SQUAD IN DISARRAY"

"Yes we will" - Boosts squad's confidence in the manager, lays down the gauntlet.

They are his choices to the question, what else can he do?

Cheers mate, was wondering what was actually said. So, a non-story then that certain elements can twist for their own agenda?

The question was asked to him he didn't unilaterally off his own bat say "I promise we will finish fourth",

A journalist took advantage of Mancini not being able to speak great English and asked him the question. I'm sure if it was asked in italian Mancini could probably fob him off with a politician's answer but he couldn't do it in english so he had to answer it.

He said yes which is the best thing he could've said in the circumstance.

Someone at City needs to start laying a few rules down though for journalists asking such questions loaded with gunpowder.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:39 am

edge275 wrote:
guv111 wrote:It's a silly and empty promise. No individual can make a definite claim that their team will win certain matches (not at this level, anyway), unless it's been agreed beforehand of course. To me it sounds like the ramblings of a desperate man.

What a load of shite.

"Mancini said "Yes"

Now what is he supposed to say here? Remember he still doesn't have 100% grasp of the English language so he can't go into a full detailed explanation - what's he supposed to do?

"No I don't" - Next day media is all over it, players are disappointed, khaldoon and co are going apeshit

"Maybe" - Next day back page of every newspaper "MANCINIO DOUBTS HE WILL FINISH FOURTH - SQUAD IN DISARRAY"

"Yes we will" - Boosts squad's confidence in the manager, lays down the gauntlet.

Apologies, but the only "shite" being spoken here is by you. THIS is a transcript of what was said, not your fanciful version:

Interviewer: "If you do not finish fourth, do you think it will be because of today?"

Mancini: "We [will] finish fourth. Sure."

Interviewer: "Do you promise?"

Mancini: "Yes... also if we lost today... but we finish fourth."

So, it turns out I was right in my original post, and you just leapt in there with a load of shite. I don't think I'll take lectures from you about accuracy in future. And THAT'S a promise.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:02 am

I agree with Mancio, what's the point of promising not to finish fourth.
This a thread started by a choker. I predict both we and spurs will lose next week and villa and pool will win, then Mancio will lead us to a triumphant three wins in a row (or something like that.)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:48 am

edge275 wrote:

What a load of shite.

"Mancini said "Yes"

What edge said...

Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby bobadji » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 am

Oh dear? What the fuck kind of attitude is that from our posters.
We've lost 1 game, we're 2 behind Spurs with Spurs to play. Similar run ins. What would happen is Mancini came out and said it's a struggle to finish 4th? There'd be people wanting him out. Let him promise 4th, then let's get 4th. People moan at a negative attitude, then moan at a positive attitude, just get behind him with 4 games to go, ffs.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 am

On the back of yesterdays latest big game flop by City I'm not at all surprised a lot of posters refused to believe anymore, me being one of them.

Perhaps the gunners would be a good nickname for us as we are always being told we are gunner do this and gunner do that, but when the marbles are on the table and we need a performance from our players they produce wet farts like yesterday.

After yet another major league kick in the whatsits yesterday, that not only left me shattered but also reduced my kids to misery as well I officially refuse to be suckered in by City again, my belief has been destroyed by events.

Like them or loathe them Spurs have needed their players to stand up and be counted this past week and against Arsenal and Chelsea they have done it in back to back games. Would City have beaten Arsenal on weds and Chelsea yesterday, back to back? Nope, I dont think so either. We'd have probably gone 4-5-1 and produced draws like the dour Liverpool game that we also flopped in or decided in injury time that marking men in our box was no longer required.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:42 am

Talking of "Oh dear", I just had a look at the fixtures for us, Spurs, Villa and Liverpool till the end of the season. Hadn't realised how amazingly easy Villa's was. Anyway, my predictions are:

Points from remaining games:

City 3
Spurs 5
Villa 11
Liverpool 8

Meaning:

4th Spurs 69 Pts.
5th Villa 66 Pts.
6th City 65 Pts.
7th Liverpool 64 Pts.

I'll happily apologise to everyone on MCF.net individually if we finish 4th.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:56 am

Proud of yesterday City performance, prouder of this Mancio interview! He shows strong character and he's brave. Could anyone here think which would be City position now in Premier League if Mancio and not Hughesy began this season? And, please, could somebody remember how and why City couldn't play at the same level of rags in the past? Keep faith in Roberto, he is the man, definitively!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:01 am

Beaten at home again under Mancini.

Weve lost too many games with Bob in charge.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:13 am

guv111 wrote:Talking of "Oh dear", I just had a look at the fixtures for us, Spurs, Villa and Liverpool till the end of the season. Hadn't realised how amazingly easy Villa's was. Anyway, my predictions are:

Points from remaining games:

City 3
Spurs 5
Villa 11
Liverpool 8

Meaning:

4th Spurs 69 Pts.
5th Villa 66 Pts.
6th City 65 Pts.
7th Liverpool 64 Pts.

I'll happily apologise to everyone on MCF.net individually if we finish 4th.

"just had a look at the fixtures..." oh dear dear dear
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:15 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Beaten at home again under Mancini.

you probably thought the same thing without the "again" - sustained repression of the intellect exhibited here
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:07 am

Renato_CTID wrote:Proud of yesterday City performance, prouder of this Mancio interview! He shows strong character and he's brave. Could anyone here think which would be City position now in Premier League if Mancio and not Hughesy began this season? And, please, could somebody remember how and why City couldn't play at the same level of rags in the past? Keep faith in Roberto, he is the man, definitively!

"Proud of yesterday City performance" Not questionning the need to keep the faith in the team and the manager but exactly why are you proud of that performance?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby omgwtf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:57 am

Goaters 103 wrote:On the back of yesterdays latest big game flop by City I'm not at all surprised a lot of posters refused to believe anymore, me being one of them.

Perhaps the gunners would be a good nickname for us as we are always being told we are gunner do this and gunner do that, but when the marbles are on the table and we need a performance from our players they produce wet farts like yesterday.

After yet another major league kick in the whatsits yesterday, that not only left me shattered but also reduced my kids to misery as well I officially refuse to be suckered in by City again, my belief has been destroyed by events.

Like them or loathe them Spurs have needed their players to stand up and be counted this past week and against Arsenal and Chelsea they have done it in back to back games. Would City have beaten Arsenal on weds and Chelsea yesterday, back to back? Nope, I dont think so either. We'd have probably gone 4-5-1 and produced draws like the dour Liverpool game that we also flopped in or decided in injury time that marking men in our box was no longer required.
I to refuse to be suckered in to the “we will finish 4th brigade”, yesterdays defeat was in reality a must win game, it was for us, and it was for those RAG cnuts ,we lost ( or should I say surrendered yet again) and with it I believe went our 4th place finish.

I am not calling for Mancinis head because I believe he needs more time, but he really needs to grow a pair of bollocks when we play the bigger sides, instead of this stick men behind the ball and play for a draw inferiority complex football he serves up, it reduces me too fcuking tears watching us play like shit houses and bottle merchants to crap aging one dimensional sides like the RAGS, sitting off and letting a few pensioners dictate play ffs.,it hurts even more listening to RAGS over doing it in their version of events, when you know they are all talking shit and the only reason they won the fcuking game is because our Italian flew the white flag yet again, something he is getting good at when we need him to lead from the front

I can get over the result shit happens, you give 100% and lose you will always be a hero too me.

You don’t turn up and lose that really hurts, and that’s why I am having trouble dealing with yesterdays result, I believe we had the capability to have annihilated those RAG B@stards yesterday, but yet again we bottled it I am still very raw and upset about it, not the result the shit cowardly performance.

4th is still mathematically possible, but extremely unlikely that’s the reality we all know it.

Soon we will all be doing a post mrtem looking back at the games that cost us our 4th place Finnish, the no shows at Everton, home to Liverpool, home to the Rags etc,we don’t finish 4th it wont be because we weren’t good enough, it will be because our manager bottled it in the bigger matches.
omgwtf
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: gods own club
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:08 am

johnny crossan wrote:

you probably thought the same thing without the "again" - sustained repression of the intellect exhibited here

I've just made a search of your posts and all I can really see is Mancini, Mancini, Mancini and Mancini. The Man can do no wrong in your eyes.

Do you have nothing to say about Players, City as a Club, the Fans and bits of stuff in Off Topic?

What exactly is your agenda?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:14 am

Run in

City

Arsenal 1
Villa 3
Spurs 3
West Ham 3

Spurs

United 0
Bolton 3
City 0
Burnley 3

We can still do it boys
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:38 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:Proud of yesterday City performance, prouder of this Mancio interview! He shows strong character and he's brave. Could anyone here think which would be City position now in Premier League if Mancio and not Hughesy began this season? And, please, could somebody remember how and why City couldn't play at the same level of rags in the past? Keep faith in Roberto, he is the man, definitively!

"Proud of yesterday City performance" Not questionning the need to keep the faith in the team and the manager but exactly why are you proud of that performance?

Because we played at the same level of one of the best teams in the world, Doug! In my personal opinion we couldn't ignore the rags are much more experienced than us, actually! if Ireland didn't forget where Paul Schole was at the last action of the game maybe we're celebrating now what Mancio and all City players did yesterday!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:39 pm

btajim wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I've just made a search of your posts and all I can really see is Mancini, Mancini, Mancini and Mancini. The Man can do no wrong in your eyes.

Do you have nothing to say about Players, City as a Club, the Fans and bits of stuff in Off Topic?

What exactly is your agenda?

I'm wondering too. I would expect a member of some opposition team on a newspaper's message board to make the kind of vaguely snidy remarks he does, not someone who supposedly supports the same team.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:40 pm

We've drawn so many games with Leslie indeed and that's why we'll probably lose to play in Champions League next year!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:01 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

You seem to like knocking other people's intelligence, yet you've shown little yourself in your time on this board.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:

We've drawn so many games with Leslie indeed and that's why we'll probably lose to play in Champions League next year!

One point for a draw and no points for a loss? We were 4th yesterday morning and staying 4th was in our own hands.

People are right to be annoyed. Losing The Derby hurts.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum