Oh Dear.....Mancini promises to finish fourth

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Oh Dear.....Mancini promises to finish fourth

Postby edge275 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:42 pm

guv111 wrote:
edge275 wrote:
guv111 wrote:It's a silly and empty promise. No individual can make a definite claim that their team will win certain matches (not at this level, anyway), unless it's been agreed beforehand of course. To me it sounds like the ramblings of a desperate man.

What a load of shite.

Listen. The journalist said "do you THINK you will finish fourth?"

"Mancini said "Yes"

The journalist then followed up with "Is that a promise?"

Now what is he supposed to say here? Remember he still doesn't have 100% grasp of the English language so he can't go into a full detailed explanation - what's he supposed to do?

"No I don't" - Next day media is all over it, players are disappointed, khaldoon and co are going apeshit

"Maybe" - Next day back page of every newspaper "MANCINIO DOUBTS HE WILL FINISH FOURTH - SQUAD IN DISARRAY"

"Yes we will" - Boosts squad's confidence in the manager, lays down the gauntlet.

They are his choices to the question, what else can he do?

Apologies, but the only "shite" being spoken here is by you. THIS is a transcript of what was said, not your fanciful version:

Interviewer: "If you do not finish fourth, do you think it will be because of today?"

Mancini: "We [will] finish fourth. Sure."

Interviewer: "Do you promise?"

Mancini: "Yes... also if we lost today... but we finish fourth."

So, it turns out I was right in my original post, and you just leapt in there with a load of shite. I don't think I'll take lectures from you about accuracy in future. And THAT'S a promise.

To me it was more "We [can] finish fourth. Sure. [of course we can]."

What I object to is you saying it's the ramblings of a desperate man when he never promised to finish fourth. The question was asked to him.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:43 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Beaten at home again under Mancini.

Weve lost too many games with Bob in charge.

you probably thought the same thing without the "again" - sustained repression of the intellect exhibited here

You seem to like knocking other people's intelligence, yet you've shown little yourself in your time on this board.

As I said before - Bosnia is not far enough and Belgium certainly isn't
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:48 pm

btajim wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

you probably thought the same thing without the "again" - sustained repression of the intellect exhibited here

I've just made a search of your posts and all I can really see is Mancini, Mancini, Mancini and Mancini. The Man can do no wrong in your eyes.

Do you have nothing to say about Players, City as a Club, the Fans and bits of stuff in Off Topic?

What exactly is your agenda?

bit harsh Jim, I distinctly remember having a few thoughts on tall stadia and the effect on grass growth.

but you're right, trying to be fair to Mancini is my current priority but he has made mistakes - one being taking Ade off yesterday (for the record)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Thank god for that! Here was me sat wondering just who'd pick up 4th, then Bobby M only goes and promises it!

Good times.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:56 pm

btajim wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:We've drawn so many games with Leslie indeed and that's why we'll probably lose to play in Champions League next year!

One point for a draw and no points for a loss? We were 4th yesterday morning and staying 4th was in our own hands.

People are right to be annoyed. Losing The Derby hurts.

True. But the derby is trivial compared to the consequences of finishing fourth. And fourth place is still in our hands. I realise full well that that isn't really what certain melodramatic elements are looking for, but facts are facts.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:43 pm

btajim wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:

We've drawn so many games with Leslie indeed and that's why we'll probably lose to play in Champions League next year!

One point for a draw and no points for a loss? We were 4th yesterday morning and staying 4th was in our own hands.

People are right to be annoyed. Losing The Derby hurts.

Do you think draws with Hull or Burnley at COMS are the same meaning of an unlucky lose like yesterday? I really don't believe it!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:Do you think draws with Hull or Burnley at COMS are the same meaning of an unlucky lose like yesterday? I really don't believe it!

You're putting words in to my mouth. A point is a point more than we'd had previously. I'd never be stupid enough to think City should win every Match. I'd have loved a point yesterday.

And what's so unlucky about falling for the same sucker punch that Man Ure have now pulled three times on us in one season?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:05 pm

btajim wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:Do you think draws with Hull or Burnley at COMS are the same meaning of an unlucky lose like yesterday? I really don't believe it!

You're putting words in to my mouth. A point is a point more than we'd had previously. I'd never be stupid enough to think City should win every Match. I'd have loved a point yesterday.

And what's so unlucky about falling for the same sucker punch that Man Ure have now pulled three times on us in one season?

Don't worry, mate! Earlier than you're thinking of loyal City supporters like us will say "Do you remember the season we lose 3 derbies at extra-time? Yeah, it was the last of scums dictature!" :) :)
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Zezou » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:17 pm

some people on here need to get real... how the f*** have we 'blown it' by conceding an injury time goal to the league champions????
we where unlucky yesterday and the fact that spurs are on fire at the minute is totally out of our hands unfortunatelly.
All we can do is get behind the team and the manager and try and win our remaining games, which i think is possible. And then we will be in the top 4 :)

ps. if we dont finish 4th their is no doubt in my mind that macio should be in charge next season
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:22 pm

omgwtf wrote: I to refuse to be suckered in to the “we will finish 4th brigade”, yesterdays defeat was in reality a must win game, it was for us, and it was for those RAG cnuts ,we lost ( or should I say surrendered yet again) and with it I believe went our 4th place finish.

I am not calling for Mancinis head because I believe he needs more time, but he really needs to grow a pair of bollocks when we play the bigger sides, instead of this stick men behind the ball and play for a draw inferiority complex football he serves up, it reduces me too fcuking tears watching us play like shit houses and bottle merchants to crap aging one dimensional sides like the RAGS, sitting off and letting a few pensioners dictate play ffs.,it hurts even more listening to RAGS over doing it in their version of events, when you know they are all talking shit and the only reason they won the fcuking game is because our Italian flew the white flag yet again, something he is getting good at when we need him to lead from the front

I can get over the result shit happens, you give 100% and lose you will always be a hero too me.

You don’t turn up and lose that really hurts, and that’s why I am having trouble dealing with yesterdays result, I believe we had the capability to have annihilated those RAG B@stards yesterday, but yet again we bottled it I am still very raw and upset about it, not the result the shit cowardly performance.

4th is still mathematically possible, but extremely unlikely that’s the reality we all know it.

Soon we will all be doing a post mrtem looking back at the games that cost us our 4th place Finnish, the no shows at Everton, home to Liverpool, home to the Rags etc,we don’t finish 4th it wont be because we weren’t good enough, it will be because our manager bottled it in the bigger matches.

Post of the Month Award

Sez all I wanted to say, really, and TRIED to say in response to the Sunday Times report of the game.

Actually,...its not all I wanted to say: I also tried to say in the 'Times' comments that Mancini's tactics had got so predictable it wasn't true: he'd set us out in the first half to back off, and close down, and keep it tight, and at half time, if we weren't already 3 or 4 goals up he'd slacken the leash a bit
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Predicting results for up-comin games is just pointless. This is a crazy season and we only have to look at todays games to see that-Wigan beating Arsenal, and already relegated Pompy currently drawing with Villa.

As longs as it is mathmatically possible- I will believe we can get that 4th spot. Surely Spurs will now slip up after beating Arsenal and Chelsea. Lets hope so.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum