Everybody calmed down now??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Everybody calmed down now??

Postby Vhero » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:59 am

I know nothing went our way yesterday but 4th is still in OUR hands as we have to play spurs at our place yet I have always said that match is gonna be the decider of fourth place and yesterday seemed to confirm my theory. I know we all got our hearts broken again yesterday. It probably made it worse as we should have had a last minute goal and not them but typical city will not go away. However 4th really is in our hands and if the rags do beat spurs that makes it a little easier for us. It's still very possible to get 4th.

FACT : If we win the remaining of our matches we are certified 4th still.. So nothing changed there..

So people gotta stop going overboard with 4th is lost not in our hands and is lost now as it is still ours to lose it's just we gonna have to work harder for it. Lets just be happy its actually not over like with the bin dippers or Villa eh??
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Re: Everybody calmed down now??

Postby ant london » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:12 am

I am gutted at the result yesterday still but honestly I thought we played well. Particularly I thought we were largely defensively excellent. A few heartstopping moments but in the main it was solid stuff TBH.

De Jong was brilliant as covered elsewhere but Adam Johnson also exceptionally good in parts and Adebayor played some beautiful stuff, some incredible skill and he really wanted it yesterday, dropping deep, back, wide and going beyond their back line.

If there was a mistake yesterday it was (as someone else said)....bringing on Vieira instead of Zabaleta....just as yesterday was Nigel's type of game, so too was it Pablo's.....Patrick simply doesn't have that half yard of snap and aggressiveness that their midfield (esp with both Gibson and Fletcher marauding around) demanded.

Other positives were Nedum (brilliant once more), Vincent and good to see Bridge back. I now feel that a back line of Nedum, Kompany, Lescott, Bridge looks....on current form (and with the return from injury of Joleon) would be our strongest offering. Be very interesting to see how Boateng fits in....specifically where Mancini sees him being used?

I thought Ireland, once again, looked terrible and (it saddens me to say) that increasingly I can't find it in myself to be too bothered should we sell Shaun in the summer

All in all though my glass is still very much half full.

We can do it
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:13 am

No.

Let down again by City for the umpteenth time yesterday, my spirit and belief in the team has been amputated.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 am

ant london wrote:I am gutted at the result yesterday still but honestly I thought we played well. Particularly I thought we were largely defensively excellent. A few heartstopping moments but in the main it was solid stuff TBH.

De Jong was brilliant as covered elsewhere but Adam Johnson also exceptionally good in parts and Adebayor played some beautiful stuff, some incredible skill and he really wanted it yesterday, dropping deep, back, wide and going beyond their back line.

If there was a mistake yesterday it was (as someone else said)....bringing on Vieira instead of Zabaleta....just as yesterday was Nigel's type of game, so too was it Pablo's.....Patrick simply doesn't have that half yard of snap and aggressiveness that their midfield (esp with both Gibson and Fletcher marauding around) demanded.

Other positives were Nedum (brilliant once more), Vincent and good to see Bridge back. I now feel that a back line of Nedum, Kompany, Lescott, Bridge looks....on current form (and with the return from injury of Joleon) would be our strongest offering. Be very interesting to see how Boateng fits in....specifically where Mancini sees him being used?

I thought Ireland, once again, looked terrible and (it saddens me to say) that increasingly I can't find it in myself to be too bothered should we sell Shaun in the summer

All in all though my glass is still very much half full.

We can do it

I agree about Ned mate early this season he didn't look like he was gonna repeat last seasons performance (ala Superman) but he he flying right now. Shame it wasn't enough yesterday. I am looking positive though as like I said we win remaining games spurs can't do anything 4th is ours as one of those games is against them. So that would mean they lose at least one of theirs.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 am

No because we are simply fu#ked. We will lose to Arsenal and most of all to Spurs, end of.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:53 am

God that hurt. It still hurts. I have never felt such physical pain as that match. Then to be in town and have complete fuckwits on the wind up. Fortunately for them I was in a sooky mood rather than a punch the fuck out of them mood.

God it hurts.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:57 am

dazby wrote:God that hurt. It still hurts. I have never felt such physical pain as that match. Then to be in town and have complete fuckwits on the wind up. Fortunately for them I was in a sooky mood rather than a punch the fuck out of them mood.

God it hurts.

Yeah, well I am blaming you personally.

Jonah!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:59 am

Slim wrote:
dazby wrote:God that hurt. It still hurts. I have never felt such physical pain as that match. Then to be in town and have complete fuckwits on the wind up. Fortunately for them I was in a sooky mood rather than a punch the fuck out of them mood.

God it hurts.

Jonah!

Me too Slim, he told me that his suit pants were lucky I just guess that there not.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:03 am

Slim wrote:

God it hurts.

Jonah!

That's why it hurt so much. It still hasn't rained since I've been here and we've been scoring for fun.

I take full responsibility and promise to resolve it at Arsenal.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beeks » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:06 am

Sister of fu wrote:

Me too Slim, he told me that his suit pants were lucky I just guess that there not.

I Blame those pants completely...

In the 93rd minute our defence was distracted on seeing our Dazzer in the stand wearing criminally wrong fashion and it caused a lapse in concentration that Scholes took advantage of...

The ref should have taken it into account and disallowed the goal...I was shocked that it stood
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:07 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

I Blame those pants completely...

In the 93rd minute our defence was distracted on seeing our Dazzer in the stand wearing criminally wrong fashion and it caused a lapse in concentration that Scholes took advantage of...

The ref should have taken it into account and disallowed the goal...I was shocked that it stood

FMTWF
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:11 am

Vhero wrote: but 4th is still in OUR hands as we have to play spurs at our place yet I have always said that match is gonna be the decider of fourth place and yesterday seemed to confirm my theory.

I don't see how it is still in our hands. They are 2 points ahead of us, all they need is a draw against us, so I would argue it's well and firmly in their hand. They can even afford to lose against United because I don't think we will get anything from the Arsenal game, and even a draw won't be good enough because we'd still be 1 point behind Spurs then.

I cannot see Spurs lose against Bolton or Burnley... I can however see us not win against Villa and West Ham.

Not in our hands anymore at all.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby bobadji » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:22 am

it is completley in our hands though? we win our games, we come 4th, it's still up to us.
VHero, I don't do it often but I agree with you 100%
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Twobob » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:45 am

i agree that it is still in our hands, we have to be sure that we win every game now which would mean taking the 3 points off spurs too!

Still heartbroken (have dazbys pants been burnt? I think they must have negated my lucky cup!) but in the cold light of day an insane sub probably cost us that game - i can forgive bellers, swp, tevez etc because we know they can, have and will deliver - but the ghost of Vieira - well i wouldnt piss on the old fart if he was on fire!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:17 am

Vhero wrote:I know nothing went our way yesterday but 4th is still in OUR hands as we have to play spurs at our place yet I have always said that match is gonna be the decider of fourth place and yesterday seemed to confirm my theory. I know we all got our hearts broken again yesterday. It probably made it worse as we should have had a last minute goal and not them but typical city will not go away. However 4th really is in our hands and if the rags do beat spurs that makes it a little easier for us. It's still very possible to get 4th.

FACT : If we win the remaining of our matches we are certified 4th still.. So nothing changed there..

So people gotta stop going overboard with 4th is lost not in our hands and is lost now as it is still ours to lose it's just we gonna have to work harder for it. Lets just be happy its actually not over like with the bin dippers or Villa eh??

True its in our hands but that's a tall order, isn't it ? Forget about the home games (Villa and Spuds no less) but you're presuming we will beat Arsenal at the Emirates (not easy to say the least) and Westham also away who will probably be fighting to stay up !! Spuds on the other hand apart from the rags match have 2 easyish ones against Bolton home and Burnley away. If they get a result with the rags, then its all over for us.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby branny » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 am

I'm not at all confident now. Arsenal away is traditionally a fixture we struggle to get anything out of so barring a performance of Chelsea away proportions I think a point is the best we can hope for. Assuming Spuds lose at the swamp, I can't see them losing at home to notlob which means that even if we beat Villa, Spuds will be ahead of us when they come here and Twitchy will set them up not to lose knowing that they face Burnley away on the last day (another game I can see them winning). Which basically means we have to beat Spuds. Unfortunately, they have a habit of putting a spanner in the works (especially in Cups). I'm just hoping that they have a similar performance to when they played Sunderland who could have put 6 past em but the way they have played v Arsenal and Chelsea this week, we're gonna have to do something special to beat em.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Vhero » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Vhero wrote:I know nothing went our way yesterday but 4th is still in OUR hands as we have to play spurs at our place yet I have always said that match is gonna be the decider of fourth place and yesterday seemed to confirm my theory. I know we all got our hearts broken again yesterday. It probably made it worse as we should have had a last minute goal and not them but typical city will not go away. However 4th really is in our hands and if the rags do beat spurs that makes it a little easier for us. It's still very possible to get 4th.

True its in our hands but that's a tall order, isn't it ? Forget about the home games (Villa and Spuds no less) but you're presuming we will beat Arsenal at the Emirates (not easy to say the least) and Westham also away who will probably be fighting to stay up !! Spuds on the other hand apart from the rags match have 2 easyish ones against Bolton home and Burnley away. If they get a result with the rags, then its all over for us.

I don't think Villa will be a problem for us at home so both us and spurs have 1 hard match left us with the gunners at there place and they have the scum at the swamp.. No offence mate but I would take the gunners at the emirates over the scum at the swamp any fucking day especially with our record against the gunners this season and considering half there team is out right now. Plus Rooney is gonna be back to full fitness for the spurs game. Spurs coming to ours is the make or break game and will most probably decide 4th place.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:46 pm

well we cant say that it has not been an exciting season so far, and it is going to continue.

i thought the rags put in one of their best performances of the season, and i guess they knew they would have to, cos if we had scored they were staring at the abyss. If anything now i am left a little bit disappointed in Tevez as much as anything else, but that is probs unfair as the rags did a good number on containing us. imo they played like it was a CL. We didn't play badly at all, just a bit nervous in the final 3rd.
We will have learnt from that and if anything it should solidify our resolve to get results in the games left.
I have had a good feeling about the Emirates game for a while and i am sticking with that, dont see any reason to feel anything has changed that much. We got a dose of reality yesterday at how tough a good side can be to break down, perhaps it will be Bobby who will be learning most from that.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:51 pm

I wish to celebrate here how our crowd was impressive yesterday at Eastlands! I'd like to thank every single City fan who was at the ground for all. Maybe some player need to understand now and ever he is dressing a Manchester City Football Club shirt not only for the bags of money Sheick Mansour gives him!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:09 pm

A lot calmer now, yes. I went for a long bike ride earlier, and that probably helped. Having a good vent on here did, too! Unfortunately, I feel no more positive, and my negativity in the wake of losing in such an abject way seems to have become ingrained acceptance that we are still just not good enough, not when we play anyone decent anyway. Whatever happens, we need to bring in better players this summer than several current first choicers, whom I won't mention here again.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum