Everybody calmed down now??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Everybody calmed down now??

Postby bluej » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:44 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
Vhero wrote: but 4th is still in OUR hands as we have to play spurs at our place yet I have always said that match is gonna be the decider of fourth place and yesterday seemed to confirm my theory.

I don't see how it is still in our hands. They are 2 points ahead of us, all they need is a draw against us, so I would argue it's well and firmly in their hand. They can even afford to lose against U***d because I don't think we will get anything from the Arsenal game, and even a draw won't be good enough because we'd still be 1 point behind Spurs then.

I cannot see Spurs lose against Bolton or Burnley... I can however see us not win against Villa and West Ham.

Not in our hands anymore at all.

Of course its still in our hands - we don't need results from anyone else in order to qualify for top four.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:47 pm

We can still do it. The Villa and Spurs games are key, imo.

Still gutted about yesterday though. I've been through some disappointments at COMS through the years, but yesterday was the first time I actually couldn't say anything about the game to my mate as my head was in my hands at the end. It was like those Sky Sports scenes when they scan the crowd on relegation day!!!
A four hour drive home didn't help, listening to Spuds give Chelsea a tonking either!
Need to not lose at Emirates, beat Villa, beat Spurs and avoid defeat at Upton Park. 8 points could be enough.
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:36 pm

No
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:No

Hello you happy fucker lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ashton287 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:59 am

still NO
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:50 am

Fourth is still in our hands and while I don't like the way we set our stall out on Saturday (for about the fucking 6th or 7th time under Bob), I can't believe how many people are saying "that's that then" and "we fucked it up".

Have Chelsea fucked the title up? Apparently United had fucked the title up and we were nailed on to finish fourth last week.

Twists and turns from now until the end, so nobody can say for sure whet will happen. Spurs could very well beat united and lose to Burnley, as we could beat Arsenal and lose to West Ham.

The thing to make sure we DON'T do is carry on like its over before it actually is.

Buck up lads.
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:Fourth is still in our hands and while I don't like the way we set our stall out on Saturday (for about the fucking 6th or 7th time under Bob), I can't believe how many people are saying "that's that then" and "we fucked it up".

It's in our own hands because we can beat Tottenham at The COMS and finish in 4th? If they earn a point at The Swamp on Saturday then I think it'll be a very tough clash.

Our record against Tottenham isn't great.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:11 pm

btajim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Fourth is still in our hands and while I don't like the way we set our stall out on Saturday (for about the fucking 6th or 7th time under Bob), I can't believe how many people are saying "that's that then" and "we fucked it up".

It's in our own hands because we can beat Tottenham at The COMS and finish in 4th? If they earn a point at The Swamp on Saturday then I think it'll be a very tough clash.

Our record against Tottenham isn't great.

Our record against Arsenal wasn't great up until recently. Our record against United was pretty damn good up until recently. Those records are chopping and changing mate. I think if we take anything from the game on saturday that we'll beat spurs and quite convincingly.

We may not do it, but if we win all our games we finish fourth. As long as that can be said, I won't be throwing in the towel. I'd rather be in our situation if the spurs game becomes THE decider, than to be in their position and visiting Eastlands.
Original Dub

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:39 pm

we need to get 4 points ahead of them come full time of the totternham game
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby crossan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Our 4 final games are Arsenal away,Villa home,Spurs home and West ham away.I envisage us getting possibly 7 points from these games, hopefully enough to get us 4th and a ticket into the Champs league that is if the likes of Tevez,Bellamy,Adabayor decide to earn their wages................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Imagine if spurs lost to the Scum and Bolton and we won our next 2 games?? It's very possible as teams do dip in form as we have recently.. We could basically have 4th in the bag even if we draw at home against them..

We need to win our next 2 games wither way that's for certain the spuds losing to the rags allows us 1 loss except against them (in which we would HAVE to win).. Ack I hate the tension now... I can't wait for this to be over now... The only thing is we cannot wrap this up before the Spurs match...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:27 pm

not sure if it is relavant in this thread but i just watched the highlights for the first time, and what with one thing and another it was really a knife edged game. City probs had the better chances, the goal mouth scramble and Bellers blasting wide from a good angle etc. just confirms for me that there wasn't too much between the teams and the rags defended well at times. i dont see much in that performance to worry us, and think that the loss from the one mistake was harsh as fucl, it will just strengthen the teams resolve to prove a point
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:29 pm

crossan wrote:Our 4 final games are Arsenal away,Villa home,Spurs home and West ham away.I envisage us getting possibly 7 points from these games, hopefully enough to get us 4th and a ticket into the Champs league that is if the likes of Tevez,Bellamy,Adabayor decide to earn their wages................

I am afraid 7 points won't cut it for 4th. :(
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Fish111 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:37 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
crossan wrote:Our 4 final games are Arsenal away,Villa home,Spurs home and West ham away.I envisage us getting possibly 7 points from these games, hopefully enough to get us 4th and a ticket into the Champs league that is if the likes of Tevez,Bellamy,Adabayor decide to earn their wages................

I am afraid 7 points won't cut it for 4th. :(

Agree, minimum of 9 points is required from our remaining games. It's do-able.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:39 pm

No. Livid still. Just went to the gym and had to talk about football. When city lose like that I have to forget them for at least a week.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 pm

brite blu sky wrote:not sure if it is relavant in this thread but i just watched the highlights for the first time, and what with one thing and another it was really a knife edged game. City probs had the better chances, the goal mouth scramble and Bellers blasting wide from a good angle etc. just confirms for me that there wasn't too much between the teams and the rags defended well at times. i dont see much in that performance to worry us, and think that the loss from the one mistake was harsh as fucl, it will just strengthen the teams resolve to prove a point

I think the concern is purely down to the fact that we yet again set out far too negative, and if anything - a late united goal should really have been an equalizer at best.

Yoonited were extremely poor, yet for the 3rd time under Mancini's tenure we played like a bunch of awestruck teenage girls. No excuses for it, we were at home, we have a better side, we KNOW we can beat them if we play the right way, we know that we have a tough away game against Arsenal that we are much less likely to win. The United game, Villa and Spurs are the ones we should have been hanging our season on. Instead it seems Mancini thought it would be a good idea to send his side out without any attacking shape at all, in which case if we dont win, it makes a win at arsenal imperative, except we hardly ever beat them over there.

In view of the bigger picture, it was naivity in the extreme. A draw was not good enough on Saturday, and a defeat was a disaster particularly now we know we cannot rely on other teams to do our job for us.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:43 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:not sure if it is relavant in this thread but i just watched the highlights for the first time, and what with one thing and another it was really a knife edged game. City probs had the better chances, the goal mouth scramble and Bellers blasting wide from a good angle etc. just confirms for me that there wasn't too much between the teams and the rags defended well at times. i dont see much in that performance to worry us, and think that the loss from the one mistake was harsh as fucl, it will just strengthen the teams resolve to prove a point

I think the concern is purely down to the fact that we yet again set out far too negative, and if anything - a late U***d goal should really have been an equalizer at best.

Yoonited were extremely poor, yet for the 3rd time under Mancini's tenure we played like a bunch of awestruck teenage girls. No excuses for it, we were at home, we have a better side, we KNOW we can beat them if we play the right way, we know that we have a tough away game against Arsenal that we are much less likely to win. The U***d game, Villa and Spurs are the ones we should have been hanging our season on. Instead it seems Mancini thought it would be a good idea to send his side out without any attacking shape at all, in which case if we dont win, it makes a win at arsenal imperative, except we hardly ever beat them over there.

In view of the bigger picture, it was naivity in the extreme. A draw was not good enough on Saturday, and a defeat was a disaster particularly now we know we cannot rely on other teams to do our job for us.

This is what pissed me off more than anything. We could all see that they were likely to score after 20 mins. We GAVE them the midfield and they were queing up outside our box for any one of them to curl a screamer in. If we had lost 5-4 and really taken it to them than I wouldnt be feeling as bad as I am now. AMBITION mancini. He went in to the game knowing a draw would be better for us than it would be the scum. The ONLY way to beat united is to GO AT THEM. We have known this for about ten years.......
Last edited by Nick on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Nick wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I think the concern is purely down to the fact that we yet again set out far too negative, and if anything - a late U***d goal should really have been an equalizer at best.

Yoonited were extremely poor, yet for the 3rd time under Mancini's tenure we played like a bunch of awestruck teenage girls. No excuses for it, we were at home, we have a better side, we KNOW we can beat them if we play the right way, we know that we have a tough away game against Arsenal that we are much less likely to win. The U***d game, Villa and Spurs are the ones we should have been hanging our season on. Instead it seems Mancini thought it would be a good idea to send his side out without any attacking shape at all, in which case if we dont win, it makes a win at arsenal imperative, except we hardly ever beat them over there.

This is what pissed me off more than anything. We could all see there were likely to score after 20 mins. We GAVE them the midfield and they were queing up outside our box for any one of them to curl a screamer in. If we had lost 5-4 and really taken it to them than I wouldnt be feeling as bad as I am now. AMBITION mancini. He went in to the game knowing a draw would be better for us than it would be the scum. The ONLY way to beat U***d is to GO AT THEM. We have known this for about ten years.......

Had written about losing 4-3 or even 3.0 again, as long as we showed some ambition, but deleted it before posting. Got to agree with you mate. It was an epic failure of ambition
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:58 pm

Original Dub wrote:Our record against Arsenal wasn't great up until recently. Our record against U***d was pretty damn good up until recently. Those records are chopping and changing mate. I think if we take anything from the game on saturday that we'll beat spurs and quite convincingly.

We may not do it, but if we win all our games we finish fourth. As long as that can be said, I won't be throwing in the towel. I'd rather be in our situation if the spurs game becomes THE decider, than to be in their position and visiting Eastlands.

Yes, records can chop and change - but it's perfectly fair to try and guage how we'll do in an upcoming Match by looking at previous clashes.

2-1 flattered Chelsea on Saturday. Tottenham are playing well and with confidence.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:20 pm

No Im fucking not calmed down...in fact Im fucking angrier.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum