5 a side Special Report

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

5 a side Special Report

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:16 pm

I got there early with MHiggi and Lewis to check the place out and was able to have kick around on the pitch for 10 minutes or so.I will suffer for that in the next day or so. Tricky playing surface too and at around 3 oclock it was looking worrying as only about 6 were there. A quick phone call from SOF found that the rest were at the wrong Platt Lane pitch!

13 players in all and rather than play 5 a side with roll on and offs they went for 7 v 6.The sides were.
Dazby International Team The Rest

Dazby Wonderwall
Sister Of Fu Svensational
Lahad MHiggi
Fidel Castro BlueBoyLewis
Piccsnumberoneblue MarkMakevelli
Bingo Lewis LeeKinda
Uves skyblue duvet

First thing to say about the game is that there were some special performances out there and at the end some very tired legs,well coplete bodies really.The most outstanding player on the day was Dazby himself but I would say that was mostly his vivid pink T shirt more than anything else. He did display some Franz Beckenbaur ( spelling?) touches in his deep lying role but there were not many of the great man's surges.

For a while the key players on both sides were the keepers. SOF in one net as you would expect displayed great positional sense and was very hard to beat but also Wonderwall at the other end just wouldnt be beaten. Eventually the spell was broken when MHiggi scored at the end of an excellent surging run and then the goals started to flow.

Not easy to comment on everybody's performance today but I would single out Piccsnumberoneblue for an all round top game and if he doesn't mind me saying especially as he wasn't the youngest out there. MHiggi probably lead the way in his team with some very good goals.MarkMakevalli and Uve's SkyBlue Duvet worked tirelessly in midfield making it all happen and both may now be in hospital getting the attention they need.

Wonderwall when he came out of goal gave a masterly display showing how to make the ball do the work and BlueBoyLewis could learn something form watching. BBL himself almost scored the goal of the game with a great run from the left side and a finish past the enormous presence of Dazby but the accolade of goal of the game went to Svensational who took a great chipped cross from Mark and volleyed into the far corner.Unstoppable.

Two others with great energy were bingo Lewis and Fidel. I think Bingo models himself on our very own Nigel De Jong with the exception that a few too many of his tackles missed the target. Great closing down though and definitely more going forward including goals.Fidel , like Mark and Uve's never stopped working and linking defence and attack .Really annoying when you want time and sapce and he never gave any.

Lee Kinda was another from the school of let the ball do the work mostly playing a sweeper style game but of the kind that holds position in the center of defence. No charging around and throwing in last ditch tackles but he just got a foot in where needed and conserved energy wherever possible. You just cannot teach that and then when he went in goal was another with excellent positional sense.The man who had the toughest day of all was Lahad. Clearly a striker of international repute but today just wasn't his day. Hitting the woodwark and often the keeper or some desperate flailing body he just couldnt score. Except that is for a stange one right at the start. He was in goal at the time and tried to pass out to a team mate who had gome to a corner flag position but unluckily the ball went into the corner of his own net.It must have taken a bobble!

Also watching Lahad trying to take out BBL was very funny and almost John Cleese like as, after failing in concsecutive attempts, he crumpled to his knees with his head in his hands swearing wildly. Where Lahad couldn't manage to score SOF showed how it should be done with plenty.I think a couple of cheeky cruel ones through the keepers legs included in that but she clearly loves to score goals and has a really good shot which helps.

I think the score was ...... who the hell cares.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: 5 a side Special Report

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:22 pm

Brilliant reporting as ever mate!

Sounds like a good time was had by all, treat yourselves to a few drinks.

Was there a photographer there btw?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby One cap Whitey » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Haha outstanding report Doug.

Sounds like everyone had a good time!
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Great report Doug. Thanks everyone for coming out and signing the ball (for my birthday next week) There were some great skills and some very funny moments today. It's just a shame the City scouts weren't in attendance as we all deserved a contract after today.

Piccs, what a player.

PS, we tried to have a pint after the match and the first two pubs were shut. Sort it out Manchester. ;-)
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:29 pm

That was me that posted the previous post. doh.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:31 pm

dazby wrote:That was me that posted the previous post. doh.

How many did you score Daz???:-)
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:33 pm

I would of scored plenty if you'd have passed it you hog. ;-)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Haha, brilliant game!

We will have to do it again sometime, we'll start a thread some point.

Thanks for the report dougy! brilliant!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Great report their Doug.

A great game with some good skills and some great finishes on show. And yeh, Rics must have been the best of the lot. cheers too SOF for helping too sort it out. Good to see some new faces their too. Really enjoyed it.

And lahad, i didnt get that uppercut that you promised me :) I put you on your ass plenty of times you slow bugger.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:50 pm

dazby wrote:I would of scored plenty if you'd have passed it you hog. ;-)

Oh I know that's 20 yrs of pent up frustration of being stuck between the sticks.
Sister of fu

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:51 pm

lol good report Doug an good meetin you too.

I'd love to do it again, was a really good laugh. Standard was alright as well to be fair. No-one get pictures then?
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Bear60 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Great report Doug and glad you all had a good time , could have done with being there with you all after the weekend I have had. gona try my best to get up for the Villa game so hopefully catch up with some of you then.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Let me know when you wanna arrange another outing and I may even get a photographer sorted:-)
Sister of fu

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Well as I said my season is finished, so I'm free whenever really apart from Fri, Sat.

Up to everyone else.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:31 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Well as I said my season is finished, so I'm free whenever really apart from Fri, Sat.

Up to everyone else.

Maybe you lot could rope in walmai and some mates when you're in London next weekend ?

That pink shirt would go down well in London...
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:Great report their Doug.

A great game with some good skills and some great finishes on show. And yeh, Rics must have been the best of the lot. cheers too SOF for helping too sort it out. Good to see some new faces their too. Really enjoyed it.

And lahad, i didnt get that uppercut that you promised me :) I put you on your ass plenty of times you slow bugger.

Ha ha in fairness you did me for pace pal.

Your a whippet and can put a tackle in,that cruncher at the end nearly took my foot off.

Had a good game and i agree it certainly wasnt my day i hit everything but the back of the net (apart from the miss hit pass that bobbled up and went in my net).
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:09 pm

I did some clicking with Dazby's camera but the battery quickly died so maybe it didn't work at all.I don't know if it flashed though because Dazby's shirt was so bright.

I think calling SOF a hog is a bit strong but to be fair she really did like to shoot didn't she. Some cracking crossfield balls as well though. There was one great image I would have loved to get on camera though and that is Lahad taking off one of his boots in anger and throwing it across the pitch followed by one of his socks if I was seeing correctly. Can't remember if that was in anger after a missed chance or aimed at Lewis after he skinned him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby play like we dream » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Such a great report. Lifted the glom of Saturday temporarily. Someone behind me said, after the Scholes goal, "Whatever happens, we chair our players off." I so agree. They gave all they had. Mistakes, of course. Who doesn't? But I can't fault the heart of any of them. But we are a new structure and an emergent, experimental system against the Mount Rushmore of the P Div. It'll come right. But it will take longer than one season. Two, even three. CTID. More important than the so called 'day job': third only to health, family/friends. It's about the heart. Poetry. Art.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Ouch, I am seizing up, I have not kicked a ball in four years and will clearly pay for it tomorrow, however, it was well worth it. Loved it today, some good players out there doing the extra work for me ;-) Svens, Mhiggi, MarkMak and BBL and in the second half S.O.F...

It was brilliant, loved it. Great report Doug, love the slant you put on it ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Ouch, I am seizing up, I have not kicked a ball in four years and will clearly pay for it tomorrow, however, it was well worth it. Loved it today, some good players out there doing the extra work for me ;-) Svens, Mhiggi, MarkMak and BBL and in the second half S.O.F...

It was brilliant, loved it. Great report Doug, love the slant you put on it ;-)

Trust me WW day two is always the worst. You did good though some top stops from your stint in goal!!
Sister of fu

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum