5 a side Special Report

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 5 a side Special Report

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:55 pm

I'd be up for this sometime, sounds like a good time
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:54 pm

BoltFromTheBlue wrote:I'd be up for this sometime, sounds like a good time

I thought you were going to come.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:09 pm

dazby wrote:

Your wrong mate he was just happy you had arrived on our shores lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:12 am

Oh my word, this is hurting now. I've spent the night in agony although fortunately a nice massage on my back was avilable. The moment when I knew it was foolhardy was as I checked the time to see if we had more than a few minutes left, only to discover that we'd been playing precisely eleven minutes. I already needed oxygen!
There was some nice football played a few times, when both sides popped the ball about a bit, but as it wore on, all that formation and taking responsibilty nonsense was replaced with pure tiredness and "oh bollox my legs won't go in the right direction". I reckon that was mainly down to an incredibly tricky surface to play on.
I haven't played in at least three years, so it was a bit of a relief to know I could still kick a ball. Highlights included, Sister's mad volleys that nearly took the lights out, and best of all was LAHAD's stunning own goal from a yard out, deftly finding the bottom corner of his own net when the rest of the pitch was available to him.
I'd love to do it again, and it's inspired me to knock the cigs on the head.
Oh I didn't realise that the bloke chatting to our lass was Douglas, I wish I had cos I'd have loved to have had a pow wow with him.
Oh yeah I think I owe somebody some cash. Sorry.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:00 am

That reminds me Piccs, a special thanks goes to SOF for getting the pitch as a freebie.It's who you know that counts , thanks Andie.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:04 am

A freebie? Nice one Sister.
Really sorry I didn't click on who you were Doug, I'm a bit dopey sometimes. I've always fancied a chat with you and picking your brains a bit. Maybe next time. And it's good of you to take the time to give such a ropey game of football the full 'Douglas Report' treatment.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:28 am

How far did you go as a player Piccs? You looked like you could have been a top player in your pomp.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:29 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Oh my word, this is hurting now. I've spent the night in agony although fortunately a nice massage on my back was avilable. The moment when I knew it was foolhardy was as I checked the time to see if we had more than a few minutes left, only to discover that we'd been playing precisely eleven minutes. I already needed oxygen!
There was some nice football played a few times, when both sides popped the ball about a bit, but as it wore on, all that formation and taking responsibilty nonsense was replaced with pure tiredness and "oh bollox my legs won't go in the right direction". I reckon that was mainly down to an incredibly tricky surface to play on.
I haven't played in at least three years, so it was a bit of a relief to know I could still kick a ball. Highlights included, Sister's mad volleys that nearly took the lights out, and best of all was LAHAD's stunning own goal from a yard out, deftly finding the bottom corner of his own net when the rest of the pitch was available to him.
Oh I didn't realise that the bloke chatting to our lass was Douglas, I wish I had cos I'd have loved to have had a pow wow with him.

My mate has sent me a bill for the light this morning.......i bet i could not do that again if i tried pretty much think you could say the same for LAHADs OG.....stunning!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 am

Let us know what it cost an i'm happy to chip in...
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:31 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Oh my word, this is hurting now. I've spent the night in agony although fortunately a nice massage on my back was avilable. The moment when I knew it was foolhardy was as I checked the time to see if we had more than a few minutes left, only to discover that we'd been playing precisely eleven minutes. I already needed oxygen!

My mate has sent me a bill for the light this morning.......i bet i could not do that again if i tried pretty much think you could say the same for LAHADs OG.....stunning!!

Couldn't do it again? ha ha I thought you were systematically trying to knock out the full lighting rig to leave that end of the pitch in complete darkness. But you did look incredibly stylish as you did it though!
And that bloody hurt when you cynically went to break my toes with the crafty stomp on my foot. I tried to look tough and unconcerned about it, failing miserably cos my foot was on fire.
If everybody was up for it again, could we get something similar arranged again?
Dirty bag!
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:34 am

dazby wrote:How far did you go as a player Piccs? You looked like you could have been a top player in your pomp.

Sunday League no mark Dazby.
I used to be lithe and athletic and a bit quicker but never any good really. A proper fairy in the tackle (I didn't want to get hurt) I would liken myself to a Glenn Hoddle type without the talent.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 am

In all seriousness, out of the players we had yesterday, we would have a top assualt on powerleague in a 5 a side season.
We'd piss the lower leagues and hold our own in the top league I reckon, and them leagues are no joke.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:38 am

It's an interesting idea Bingo. There were some decent players out there. And LAHAD was there too.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Patrick » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 am

dazby wrote:

A line your girlfriend has heard all to frequently?
Last edited by Patrick on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby ant london » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:00 pm

hilarious write-up by the man with the kitchen steps

sounds like you all had a top weekend despite the maine event being a let-down

Gutted I missed this, hilarious sounding match....Kiers having a paddy sounds like top drawer comedy

And fu the floodlight fiend
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:00 pm

ant london wrote:hilarious write-up by the man with the kitchen steps

sounds like you all had a top weekend despite the maine event being a let-down

Gutted I missed this, hilarious sounding match....Kiers having a paddy sounds like top drawer comedy

And fu the floodlight fiend

Just checked with Patel the light is still swinging!!
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby dazby » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Finally got the phone charged. Doug, you got one photo. I'm at Pablo Sacramento's castle now so I'll see if he has the technology to upload some shots.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Aw wish I would have come. Was it yesterday? I was at the soccerdome all day too. Feeling it now !
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:04 pm

I didnt make it as my gf played on my heartstrings about having a family day out. I tried to say that 5 a side wasnt a matter of life and death it was much more important she wasnt having any of it.

Please organise the idea of the power league im decent and would love to see some of guys for real. Im so gutted..........
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:17 pm

ha ha S.O.F's shot at the light was a classic, particularly after she had pointed out how many balls were stuck in the rafters at half tme!

I take full credit for BBL's wonder solo goal a I gave him a half tim pep talk of keeganesque proportions at white hart lane...top goal lewis.

I felt ok at work this morning, but had a meeting from 3-5pm and could hardly stand up after it. rather hurting now!

Would love to do it again though, especially as I know who to pick on my team LOL

Special mention to the players on my team, MHiggi, good player, Svens ran for all my misplaced passses. Lewis, took out by LAHAD and took it like a man. SOF TOP CLASS. Lee Kinda, Goal hogger ;-) but my main defender when I was in goal, MarkMAK everywhere and still had time to ask people for a job!

Also special mention for UWE's sku blue duvet who had played a full match prior to playing at platt lane!!! He was full of running! as well as bingo and Fidel... God I felt old!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum