shay given or joe hart?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: shay given or joe hart?

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Goalkeeping in a league-chasing team is an odd one. It seems that perfectly good keepers can look poor based upon one error in a match or even 1 error in 3 games.

However, keepers playing in mid-table or relegation teams often look amazing because they save 6 or 7 attempts at goal yet still make that one basic error. Perception gets warped slightly.

David James and Brad Fridel spring to mind of keepers who were branded as shocking keepers but are now two of the best in their twilight years playing for smaller teams.

What I'm saying is Hart is probably the same. He looks great diving left, right and centre when under pressure for Birmingham but he'll probably look weaker playing in a team challenging for the title as he'll make one or two basic errors. Same could be applied to Shay too.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: shay given or joe hart?

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Shay without a doubt, better keeper and more experienced.

on Given's kicking, i think he is being unfairly treated in this regards. Shay always tries to find a team mate with a pass instead of lumping the ball up the middle of the field. it probably only comes off 70-80% of the time but he gets slated for the 20% that does'nt come off
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum