Lets run with it.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lets run with it.

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:46 pm

I mean this crazy season unpredictable is an understatement i mean who really gave Spuds any chance of beating both Arse and Chelski in the space of 3 days not me thats for sure.Who would have given Wigwam a chance today with 10 minutes left not me thats for sure.My point is this season the Prem has thrown up some daft results on a regular basis so to say we are not masters of our own destiny is folly imo as if we do our business no outside influence can dictate the outcome.No matter what happens elsewhere.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Lets run with it.

Postby omgwtf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:52 pm

how many milligrams of Prozac does it take to make you feel like that ?
omgwtf
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: gods own club
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:55 pm

gillie wrote:I mean this crazy season unpredictable is an understatement i mean who really gave Spuds any chance of beating both Arse and Chelski in the space of 3 days not me thats for sure.Who would have given Wigwam a chance today with 10 minutes left not me thats for sure.My point is this season the Prem has thrown up some daft results on a regular basis so to say we are not masters of our own destiny is folly imo as if we do our business no outside influence can dictate the outcome.No matter what happens elsewhere.

Very true, we just need to take it one game at a time. Let's just get 3 points at Arsenal first. If we draw or loose another game then we can hope other teams around us drop points but untill then it's still in our hands.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:00 pm

omgwtf wrote:how many milligrams of Prozac does it take to make you feel like that ?

And your point is?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby omgwtf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:14 pm

gillie wrote:
omgwtf wrote:how many milligrams of Prozac does it take to make you feel like that ?

And your point is?.
I would have thought it was a self explanatory quote

There’s being optimistic, and there’s being optimistic, I do hope you can figure out what I am getting at.
omgwtf
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: gods own club
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:18 pm

omgwtf wrote:
gillie wrote:

And your point is?.
I would have thought it was self explanatory quote

There’s being optimistic, and there’s being optimistic, I do hope you can figure out what I am getting at.

well jog on if you don't want to be optimistic...I've had the same dose of Prozac as Gillie, and two tins of red bull to wash I down with, so if you don't like optimism and want to mope about what could have been then you best bugger off
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:32 am

So we lost the derby in the 90+ minute again and it is sickening and if you want to stay and wallow in a bit of self pity, then that's your choice.
It ain't really so hard to pick up positives from this season though is it? Maybe it is you who needs the prozac to lift your spirits. Gillie is just dealing with the reality of the situation. We are sat in a great place, loads of money, the best squad of City players for many years, sat on the edge of CL qualification, having closed the points gap between opurselves and the English champions from over 40pts to around a quarter of that...and some magnificent plans for the future of our club both on and off the pitch...and you want to have a little sob?

Get real...like Gillie...without prozac.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:55 am

Im 100% with gillie, if the players went with his attitude we wont have a problem. CL qualification can easily be achieve by 9.55pm ot the 5th of may 2010 if we stay focused, and results in other games, go our way
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dronny » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:14 am

eastlandsblue wrote:Im 100% with gillie, if the players went with his attitude we wont have a problem. CL qualification can easily be achieve by 9.55pm ot the 5th of may 2010 if we stay focused, and results in other games, go our way

Nope mate, we win our games and there is nothing anyone can do about it
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only

Postby Fish111 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:14 am

Our season wil be decided by our game with Spurs, i've said it all along. This weekend has just confirmed it even more for me.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:43 am

Good post gillie. Time to forget rags and start to focus on how to beat Arse. No reason why we couldn't beat them. Same goes for Villa, Spurs and West Ham. Bring it on!

Believe lads. Believe. We can make it!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:57 am

Moonchesteri wrote:Good post gillie. Time to forget rags and start to focus on how to beat Arse. No reason why we couldn't beat them. Same goes for Villa, Spurs and West Ham. Bring it on!

Believe lads. Believe. We can make it!

At last some positivity amongst chaps on here!!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:03 am

gillie wrote:I mean this crazy season unpredictable is an understatement i mean who really gave Spuds any chance of beating both Arse and Chelski in the space of 3 days not me thats for sure.Who would have given Wigwam a chance today with 10 minutes left not me thats for sure.My point is this season the Prem has thrown up some daft results on a regular basis so to say we are not masters of our own destiny is folly imo as if we do our business no outside influence can dictate the outcome.No matter what happens elsewhere.

I thought Spurs might get results v Arse & Chelsea, as I don't think either are all that good. Unfortunately, I recon Spurs would have battered the rags as well as they were there for the taking. Spurs & have got a real chance at the swamp imo, if they don't bottle it (which they did in the 2 previous rags games). I recon their players will probably be too scared though, like us.

We also have a great chance of beating Arsenal though imo. They have nothing to play for. Then we have a great chance v Villa & Spurs at home, provided Mancio doesn't turn back into Megsio like he did in the 2nd half Saturday.

It's still in our hands.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:09 am

It certainly isn't over by a long chalk. The truth is quite definitely that it IS in our hands still. We have a fair chance to get something at Arsenal and Spurs always lie down against The Filth. It could have been that Filth had nothing to play for next week, but as a fortunate byproduct of Saturday, that is quite definitely not the case now.
Even then, there are different pressures to deal with that can make even the easiest looking game on paper a minefield. So Spurs still have a lot of work to do. I didn't expect them to get six points out of their last two games mind.
Onwards and Upwards boys and girls.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:42 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

Very true, we just need to take it one game at a time. Let's just get 3 points at Arsenal first. If we draw or loose another game then we can hope other teams around us drop points but untill then it's still in our hands.

Exactly mate a win at the gunners will give all fans confidence back especially if spurs lose. In fact if spurs do lose against the rags it allows us a draw at COMS against them as long as we can get our GD back above them.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:It certainly isn't over by a long chalk. The truth is quite definitely that it IS in our hands still. We have a fair chance to get something at Arsenal and Spurs always lie down against The Filth. It could have been that Filth had nothing to play for next week, but as a fortunate byproduct of Saturday, that is quite definitely not the case now.
Even then, there are different pressures to deal with that can make even the easiest looking game on paper a minefield. So Spurs still have a lot of work to do. I didn't expect them to get six points out of their last two games mind.
Onwards and Upwards boys and girls.

I was fully expecting the scum to chuck the Spurs game if they'd lost to us. At least now they'll TRY to beat them so it could limit the damage of our loss if we can beat Arsenal. Arsenal have no real motivation for this game so we should gag Adebayor for the next week so he doesn't wind them up.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:48 am

there is no point moping thats for sure.

There is everything to play for, and that is a great position to be in at this stage of the season.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby simon12 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:39 am

I`m still smarting however I do think the rags will do spuds and we will do the arse(fnaar fnaar)
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:46 am

I fear an Arsenal backlash at the weekend though. The way they lost the game to Wigan will make them more determind to win at home than at any other point in the season.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Scatman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:48 am

omgwtf wrote:
gillie wrote:

And your point is?.
I would have thought it was a self explanatory quote

Great, I was just starting to miss you RIG. Welcome back.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum