The Run In

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Run In

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:32 pm

john68 wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm fairly surprised to see people giving us six points on Villa AND Spuds. I really can't see us winning both of them. Probably four points.

I think that 6pts in those 2 games is the minimum requirement...failure to do so means we don't get 4th...it is as simple as that.
Bingo is pretty spot on with what I wouls suggest...except I am hoping for a point at least at the Emirates.

I iknow it's minimum but with the results Spuds have got now, I think 4th is a pipe dream now. We DO have a chance and YES it's still on our own hands but I think it's really really hard now with the games we have got left.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Slim wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:Thats coz I'm nearly as good as you.
One day, you will look up to me.

I already do, I am in awe of the hat.

I knew you would be.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:37 pm

I am afraid I lost all my positivity after the derby defeat.

I think Spurs will get at least 1 point of United and they will beat us at home as well.

I am not even convinced that we will beat Villa (who at the moment still have an outside chance to get 4th as well) or West Ham (who might well be fighting for their lives).
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:13 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I am afraid I lost all my positivity after the derby defeat.

I think Spurs will get at least 1 point of U***d and they will beat us at home as well.

I am not even convinced that we will beat Villa (who at the moment still have an outside chance to get 4th as well) or West Ham (who might well be fighting for their lives).

God help you if this had been a relegation battle we were in...you'd be suicidal...:-)

I am flabbergated at how anyone can be negative about us and our present situation.
For 30 odd years, our only excitement at this time of years was whether we would manage to avoid relegation or at best whether we would gain promotion. Sucess was the realisation that we might be playiong a division higher and even that brought with it the worry about survival the following season.
This year, we are talking of challenging for a place in the Champions League...something we have dreamt about for far too long as we watched other clubs battle it out at the top.
How many times have we thought..."I wish it were city challenging up there"...Well !!!...WE ARE!!!!

...and some of you can find time to be negative.....HOW??????
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:33 pm

john68 wrote:
God help you if this had been a relegation battle we were in...you'd be suicidal...:-)

I am flabbergated at how anyone can be negative about us and our present situation.
For 30 odd years, our only excitement at this time of years was whether we would manage to avoid relegation or at best whether we would gain promotion. Sucess was the realisation that we might be playiong a division higher and even that brought with it the worry about survival the following season.
This year, we are talking of challenging for a place in the Champions League...something we have dreamt about for far too long as we watched other clubs battle it out at the top.
How many times have we thought..."I wish it were city challenging up there"...Well !!!...WE ARE!!!!

Chill, Winston! :)

I am not negative about City in general (although when I read threads like the one about Mancini getting the axe definitely in the summer on Bluemoon then I do get a bit depressed) ... I am just not seeing us getting 4th spot that's all.

And there is a feeling that Europa League football is more of a hindrance then beneficial when compared to Champions League football, but hey, we will definitely be playing in one European competition, and this time without outside help! :)
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby gilford » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 pm

My only concern is that if we dont seal a top 4 finish, we will not attract the players we need to get in to the champions league ever, we will just end up paying silly money for cash hungry players!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:29 pm

john68 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:I am afraid I lost all my positivity after the derby defeat.

I think Spurs will get at least 1 point of U***d and they will beat us at home as well.

ha ha.. well done 68

as for the 4 games left we could just as well win each one of them as not. this is the seriously sharp end and it is seriously exciting. Everyone fretting like this just goes to show how tricky and unpredictable it is and how nervous and unused to this we all are, its great.
As they say take it one game at a time, the team needs to respond on Saturday and that is going to be fascinating to watch.. the anti is up, after slightly underperforming in the derby, especially in the final 3rd, the response of the front 4 will be the thing to watch and i would prefer to be a City fan than a Gooner come Sat.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:34 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
john68 wrote:

ha ha.. well done 68

as for the 4 games left we could just as well win each one of them as not. this is the seriously sharp end and it is seriously exciting. Everyone fretting like this just goes to show how tricky and unpredictable it is and how nervous and unused to this we all are, its great.
As they say take it one game at a time, the team needs to respond on Saturday and that is going to be fascinating to watch.. the anti is up, after slightly underperforming in the derby, especially in the final 3rd, the response of the front 4 will be the thing to watch and i would prefer to be a City fan than a Gooner come Sat.

Great post mate!
Original Dub

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Here's one for you to think about.. Will you cheer when/if the rags score???
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tony P » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Dazzacity wrote:Here's one for you to think about.. Will you cheer when/if the rags score???

I'll cheer when Spurs concede.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gilford » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Tony P wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:Here's one for you to think about.. Will you cheer when/if the rags score???

Same here ;-)
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Of course. I'll cheer every goal that goes in against spurs from now until the end of the season because each one will help City get into the Champions League, attract the best players in world football and become one of the most successful teams in the world.
Original Dub

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Tony P wrote:

Ah, thats a better way of lookin at it.The game means so much to us,I dont think I could help myself..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Wednesday, 21 April 2010
Hull v Aston Villa

Saturday, 24 April 2010
Arsenal v Man City
Bolton v Portsmouth
Hull v Sunderland
Man Utd v Tottenham
West Ham v Wigan
Wolves v Blackburn

Sunday, 25 April 2010
Aston Villa v Birmingham
Burnley v Liverpool
Chelsea v Stoke
Everton v Fulham

Saturday, 1 May 2010
Birmingham v Burnley
Man City v Aston Villa
Portsmouth v Wolves
Stoke v Everton
Tottenham v Bolton

Sunday, 2 May 2010
Fulham v West Ham
Liverpool v Chelsea
Sunderland v Man Utd

Monday, 3 May 2010
Blackburn v Arsenal
Wigan v Hull

Wednesday, 5 May 2010
Fulham v Stoke
Man City v Tottenham

Sunday, 9 May 2010
Arsenal v Fulham
Aston Villa v Blackburn
Bolton v Birmingham
Burnley v Tottenham
Chelsea v Wigan
Everton v Portsmouth
Hull v Liverpool
Man Utd v Stoke
West Ham v Man City
Wolves v Sunderland
Original Dub

Postby Fish111 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:34 pm

I'll be bouncing up and down with my rag mates in my local when the scum put as many goals past spurs as is possible. It's all about City's interest now and a helping hand from any source, no matter if it is the scum, is greatly appreciated.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:Wednesday, 21 April 2010
Hull v Aston Villa

Saturday, 24 April 2010
Arsenal v Man City
Bolton v Portsmouth
Hull v Sunderland
Man Utd v Tottenham
West Ham v Wigan
Wolves v Blackburn

Sunday, 25 April 2010
Aston Villa v Birmingham
Burnley v Liverpool
Chelsea v Stoke
Everton v Fulham

Saturday, 1 May 2010
Birmingham v Burnley
Man City v Aston Villa
Portsmouth v Wolves
Stoke v Everton
Tottenham v Bolton

Sunday, 2 May 2010
Fulham v West Ham
Liverpool v Chelsea
Sunderland v Man Utd

Monday, 3 May 2010
Blackburn v Arsenal
Wigan v Hull

Wednesday, 5 May 2010
Fulham v Stoke
Man City v Tottenham

Sunday, 9 May 2010
Arsenal v Fulham
Aston Villa v Blackburn
Bolton v Birmingham
Burnley v Tottenham
Chelsea v Wigan
Everton v Portsmouth
Hull v Liverpool
Man Utd v Stoke
West Ham v Man City
Wolves v Sunderland

After looking at those fixtures i have just realised that Villa are the only team chasing 4th who will be playing a team with concieviabl nothing to play for.Scary that after their win at Hull tonight Villa are defo still in the mix so we need 9 points max imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby simon12 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:12 pm

I am here:

Spurs:

Scum (A) 1 points
Bolton (H) 3 Points
City (A) 0 Points
Burnley (A) 3 Points

Pts 71

CITY:

Arsenal (A) 0 Points
Villa (H) 3 Points
Spurs (H) 3 Points
WHU (A) 3 Points

Pts 71

Goal difference..we will scrape it by 1 goal and WHU will stay up Walami.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby MUS » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:33 pm

whys everyone forgetting the fact that we're playing VILLA who are also a top side gunning for 4th...

there are no guarantees here and the next 4 games are all gonna be tight and its gonna be a typical city roller coaster.

every team we have to play has something MAJOR to play for so the thought of us getting anything more than 6 pts out of 12 seems unlikely.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:22 am

Probabilities:
1. City to be too good for Villa (they've faded in recent weeks, beating a dismal Hull notwithstanding.) Villa fans are the ones who should be anxious about this fixture and a Richard Dunne error will ease City's way. 2. City to win an exciting game at West Ham with WHU already safe. 3. Spurs lose at O.T. and beat Burnley.

Distinct possibilities: Vlad Weiss to score for Bolton and take a point off Spurs.

No bloody idea: City v Arsenal and Spurs.

All to play for though, and far more exciting than going to Middlesboro for a meaningless last game of the season that ended 1-8.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:53 am

Liverpool at Maine Road...Lomas taking it into the corner...City fans crying...and...relegation.
Stoke and a massive scoreline in our favour...yet more tears as we went down lower.
Gillingham at Wembley...0-2...the despair...Horlock...Dickov...Weaver's victory celebration...tears of Joy.
BLackburn...City fans on the hill...they hit the bar, the post...we won...thousands of Blues in Albert Square...promotion to the Prem.
Chelsea...lost...the pitch invasion...Royle sacked.
Keegan...new hope...promotion back to the prem
Fowlers missed penalty...no Europe for City.
Pearce...Beanie...avoiding rlegation.
Sven...new hope...Shinawatra...Boro 1-8.
Hughes...the project...the Sheiks...hope but no success.

We have travelled a long road of ups and downs together. Our lows have cuased us to weep and our highs...weeeell...in honesty, they weren't that high really. Just excuses to have a beer and laugh out loud...not really Earth shattering success was it/

Now we have 4 games to go and we are seriously challenging for a top 4 place. Seriously challenging for the CL qualification that only a short time ago we only dreamt of. Arsenal. Villa, Spurs and West Ham stand between us and a place at the same table as Barca, Madrid, Bayern etc. Too often our excitement has been driven by fear of our failures. Today our excitement is driven by our success.

We should relish it...celebrate it...we should be singing and dancing about it. Instead there are city fans who are actually moaning about it....It beggers belief.
Arsenal...LOSE (the rags beat Spurs)...2pts behind. We beat Villa...Spurs win...still 2pts behind...We beat Spurs and go 4th, we beat West ham and it is ours....the real start of something big.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum