Roma top Serie A

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Roma top Serie A

Postby dazby » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:43 pm

That Rainieri is a brilliant manager and far better than Mourinho as proven by the league table at the moment.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Re: Roma top Serie A

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Won last 6 games.. Seem to be on a hot streak right at the right time.. Totti helping too 21 goals in 27 games..
Last edited by Vhero on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby HeyMark » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:47 pm

But Mourinho beat him to the league last year when he was at Juve??

They are on some run at the minute though, unbeaten in the league since January I think!

Who knows what would have happened if he had waited for the City job when Frank was in the middle of his takeover
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Ranieri built Mourinho's Chelsea side imo & signed most of the best players in it. Had he been allowed to continue I recon he would have been every bit as successful as Mourinho there, maybe moreso.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:36 pm

It's worth saying pre svennis, we were days away from him being our new manager.

Anyone remember why it all fell through?
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Blue Blood wrote:It's worth saying pre svennis, we were days away from him being our new manager.

Anyone remember why it all fell through?

i think we couldn't get our shit together to make him an offer if i recall. i don't think the takeover had actually happened yet, and he was a bit leery of our incoming dictator/owner in terms of Dr Frank.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Lee_R » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:17 pm

If we had made him manager.. hed have been sacked by now anyway.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Top manager and person, but doesnt have the pulling power of Mourinho, this is what we'd need if we failed to qualify for the CL imo
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Lee_R wrote:If we had made him manager.. hed have been sacked by now anyway.

Wow, Ranieri is a useless clueless rag cunt too?

Learn something new every day around here.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Patrick » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:55 pm

FFS Dazby - Serie A blah blah blah

We had a deal - I sent you the webcam now set it up as we agreed
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Vhero wrote:Won last 6 games.. Seem to be on a hot streak right at the right time.. Totti helping too 21 goals in 27 games..

24 positive results in a row (counting wins and draws), just as much as Capello in the last season Roma won the title. And Ranieri had the bottle to take out both Totti and De Rossi at half time during the derby Roma was losing last afternoon, and Roma won 2-1 with a brace by Mirko Vucinic, 13 league goals, 20 points gained by the team with his goals alone. I think he's been far more useful than Totti to Roma this season, as half the goals Totti has scored were in the first rounds of the Europa League.

HeyMark wrote:But Mourinho beat him to the league last year when he was at Juve??

They are on some run at the minute though, unbeaten in the league since January I think!

Who knows what would have happened if he had waited for the City job when Frank was in the middle of his takeover

Actually it's October, the only two defeats since then were in February in the Europa League.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby HeyMark » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:29 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Vhero wrote:Won last 6 games.. Seem to be on a hot streak right at the right time.. Totti helping too 21 goals in 27 games..

24 positive results in a row (counting wins and draws), just as much as Capello in the last season Roma won the title. And Ranieri had the bottle to take out both Totti and De Rossi at half time during the derby Roma was losing last afternoon, and Roma won 2-1 with a brace by Mirko Vucinic, 13 league goals, 20 points gained by the team with his goals alone. I think he's been far more useful than Totti to Roma this season, as half the goals Totti has scored were in the first rounds of the Europa League.

HeyMark wrote:But Mourinho beat him to the league last year when he was at Juve??

Actually it's October, the only two defeats since then were in February in the Europa League.

Thats even more impressive! I've always liked vucinic, but it seemed as if he didnt score enough! Is this his best season in terms of goals scored?
HeyMark

Postby Esky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:09 pm

I though Ranieri was happy to come to us pre-Sven, but then Juve came in and he was very apologetic about the whole thing. We then went for Sven and, rather than signing Chiellini, we got Bianchi.
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:44 am

HeyMark wrote:
Thats even more impressive! I've always liked vucinic, but it seemed as if he didnt score enough! Is this his best season in terms of goals scored?

It is his best in the league since he came to Roma, and his second best in Serie A since he came to Italy. He scored 19 once when at Lecce, so that's his record for the league. As for overall scoring, he's on 18 goals in all competitions so far this season, one more than last season with still some games to play. His best was in the season when he scored 19 in the league with Lecce, he ended on 22 in all competitions, so he can still reach and better that record.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:58 am

Esky wrote:I though Ranieri was happy to come to us pre-Sven, but then Juve came in and he was very apologetic about the whole thing. We then went for Sven and, rather than signing Chiellini, we got Bianchi.

He waited & waited but Frank was pissing about rather than just doing the deal to buy the club. Juventus came in, off he went, understandably. If he'd come to us he'd probably have got the same treatment as at Chelsea anyway as Mancini probably will.

Some kind of Billy Big Bollocks will be in the job sooner or later. If it's not Mourinho it'll be Guardiola or Wenger etc.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby stockportblue » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:23 am

Forza Roma-Looking forward to being in Rome for the Cagliari game-flights permitting.Its true that Tottis influence hasnt been that great.Ranieri has done a superb job at a club that are severly struggling for money-to the point where all the budgets including the yout sector have been cut.
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Return to The Maine Football forum