Arsenal and why we can beat them.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Arsenal and why we can beat them.

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Here are my reasons for optimism.
1.Their present back four is woeful.
2.Their keeper is an accident waiting to happen.
3.Imo they lack the killer instinct of previous Wenger teams.
4.If we can keep our passing good we will have as much of the ball as them.
5.Last but not least Wigwam missed quite a few chances against them and still won chances our strikers will put away all day.
So in conclusion i think if we play like we know we can we will end our hoodoo against them on their own patch come 19.15ish on Saturday.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Arsenal and why we can beat them.

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:51 pm

It's the best chance i think we will have at beating them, there out of the title race now and there missing alot of key players. we need to get at them from the off and not let them attack us and try and hit them on the break.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:36 am

Before we played united i thought we had a great chance of beating them. The teams that play football we have a good chance against and usually we create alot of chances but united were cagey and so was we probably why it was a boring game of football. But if we play cagey against arsenal they will beat us.

Im tired of seeing city come to pressure situations and think we cant lose this one. Keep that attitude and your win hardly anything, Id like to see city thinking fuck it we havent got anything to lose thats go out there and show them how football should be played....

gone back to sleep.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:54 am

What Arsenal have going for them: 1. Van Persie. 2. wanting to beat Adebayor. 3. Not losing at home to City for 200 years and not losing three league games on the run since Nick Hornby was a lad. Draw's the most likely. After that I'll take City to beat Villa while Vlad Weiss scores for Bolton to hold Spurs to a draw at WHL.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:42 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:It's the best chance i think we will have at beating them, there out of the title race now and there missing alot of key players. we need to get at them from the off and not let them attack us and try and hit them on the break.

Exactly it the fact they are out of the title race does it I think Wenger will probably give some of his kids a go like with the carling cup for experience. We will destroy his kids but he won't care as it won't effect his season and in fact it will be a learning experience for them its win-win for him. That's why he is a great manager.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:52 am

If we won at Chelsea then we can win there. Instinct says we will play well but lose.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:25 am

Depends which version of our team & manager turn up. We could win by being negative but we'd need luck to run our way like it did in the 1st half v Chelsea.

What we need is a repeat of the 2nd half performance where, although we initially tried to keep our shape & defend cautiously, we were looking all the time to pile forward on the break & score at every opportunity. That would see off Arsenal no problem.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:35 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:It's the best chance i think we will have at beating them, there out of the title race now and there missing alot of key players. we need to get at them from the off and not let them attack us and try and hit them on the break.

Must have misunderstood your post Mark as ´get at them from the off` and ´hit them on the break`seem contrasting.

However Chelsea showed how easy it can be there. Just soak them up and get them on the break, like you say. Much like we did at Chelsea. Wenger is not as smart as Taggart to nullify our good players.

However attacking them ´from the off` will end in disaster!

Patience will be required, a quality often sadly lacking in our fans!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby gilford » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:55 am

Well, as it is "in our hands" now and it is imperative that we win, I cant see it.........

Typical City instantly springs to mind, we had it there for the taking and it slipped away yet again...........................

On a lighter note, I'll be putting a tenner on us to win 4-2, with Ade and Tevez getting 2 each ;-)
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:50 am

Anyhow it's Tuesday & Ade's not opened his enormous trap yet to wind up Arsenals players & crowd to give us Hell. Just need to keep him sedated for a few more days & we could be in business.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:54 am

Arsenal and Why we can beat them?

Because we all believe in fairytales as thats what it would be. Look at our record at Arsenal over the past 30 odd years, consider they will have Van Persie back and will be smarting from the Wigan game, remember they will do all they can after we have beat them twice this season and factor in the Adebayor hatred.

Reality 3-1 Arsenal. We must hope the great unwashed beat Spurs and we can somehow remain afloat but there wont be anything for us at The Emirates.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:59 am

seems to me the derby game has swung everyone into morose mode. We didn't play that badly against the rags.. in fact most other teams would have not kept up. They did a good number on us and nullyfied our game very well. However Arsenal even with VP are simply not as good as the rags. We convincingly beat them with VP at coms, so unless Arse were at full strength then there is no reason to be all doom and gloom. We have a perfectly good fighting chance of turning them over. We have improved through the season and this is one of the matches that this team will be wanting to show what they can do. The derby was perhaps another wake up call and basically if this team is going to progress to CL football where most games will be as at least as difficult as the forthcoming Emirates game, then they will have to get their heads around it and go out there to prove a point.

i had a feeling that this game would always be a game city wanted to prove a point, the stage is set and i believe we will go there and do that.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:25 am

just had a quick look on ArsenalMania forum, and to a person they are not looking forward to this game..

When I looked at our fixtures a few weeks ago, I assumed that Citeh would beat us. I still expect that to happen. Our remaining players are gutless. The only chance we stand is if Robin can find the health to play extended minutes.

It is a somewhat unique circumstance to be missing all of Fabregas Arshavin, Gallas, Vermin, RVP and to an extent Song; but the drop-off in quality is unsettling.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71801&start=0

The lack of quality seems to be the main theme.. facing up to Ade, Tevez and Bellemy
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Return to The Maine Football forum