City close in on Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City close in on Milner

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 am

Milner is a good player, he was good at Toon, enough to command a 12m price. He stepped up from U21 to full Eng squad and wasn't phased by it. Good addition to our squad. 24m seems bit hyped, but that depends basically on who else is prepared to pay good money for him.

In regards to what this could mean for Ireland, i dont see that it means we would sell Stevie. IF we get CL we will need a squad that can field two effective players in every position. Steven Ireland should be given another season to prove himself in this squad, but without much cover in case he doesn't we need a couple of attack capable mids. While on the subject we also need another option for Tevez in case he cant play or we want to adopt a different approach.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:54 am

From Villatalk.

Joey wrote:Certainly unsettling.

MON stories, Lerner stories, Milner stories - not gearing up to be a great summer.

Hope Spurs get 4th ahead of City, as I don't worry about Spurs nicking our players.

Couldn't really begrudge him going to United, I think he'd flourish there, but City are just a horribly arrogant club at the moment.

Thanks Joey.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:12 am

Slim wrote:From Villatalk.

Joey wrote:Certainly unsettling.

MON stories, Lerner stories, Milner stories - not gearing up to be a great summer.

Hope Spurs get 4th ahead of City, as I don't worry about Spurs nicking our players.

Couldn't really begrudge him going to U***d, I think he'd flourish there, but City are just a horribly arrogant club at the moment.

Thanks Joey.

the thing is....I don't get what we have done that could even remotely construed as arrogant post ADUG

The Tevez poster was smug and a bit petty but other than that we've largely just gone about our business quietly. We've not publically tapped up players a la United/Barcelona/Real....we've payed clubs we have bought from way over the odds (enabling them to strengthen squads and/or finances) and I certainly haven't ever noticed many/any blues shouting mouths off in a Mune-esque way.

I dont get those accusations I honestly don't
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am

This was my reply on their forum.

The way I see it, it's about time for the journo's to go crazy with speculation and they will come up with anything to fill column space. Marwood used to work for Nike, Nike sponsor Milner, ergo City want Milner, nothing more.

Now I quoted this one for a reason, what exactly have City done that is considered arrogant? I like you guys, proper football club and all that but this hatred for us now, and as far as I can tell it's because we have money.

Used to be everyone's second favourite club cause to hate united was to love City but finally we can actually compete and achieve something and there is venomous rage towards us. I can only surmise that it's in part down to jealousy that the obscenely rich Arab sheikh's came knocking on our door instead of yours. Feel free to tell me that you wouldn't want this at our club, I am sure it won't come off as disingenuous...much.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 am

spot on that as far as I'm concerned Slim

I didn't see City fans slating Villa when Lerner came along....they've not had the most amazing record of achievement in my lifetime but their fans (of my age) have still seen

1982 European Cup win
1982-82 European Super Cup win
1980-81 League Winners
1975 1977 1994 1996 League Cup Winners

AND 11 UEFA or European Cup campaigns

to see fans of a club that have had a recent history (which although I'm sure they would say has been frustrating....) that I would swap any fucking day for the lifetime of shit I have seen/experienced coming out with that kind of petty jealousy and hate

Well fuck Aston Villa as far as I'm concerned. I hope O'Neill walks and it goes to shit for you...Brummie cunts
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum