How is it possible...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How is it possible...

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:33 am

That we lost three derbies in the dying moments of the game? I mean even the Carling Cup second leg, we were already down 2-1 but still in the tie till the Rooney goal, so we can say we lost that in the final seconds too. I've been trying to calm down since Saturday but it still bugs me how we made the same mistake for the third time, when just a bit more attention could have prevented them to score.

It's frustrating, and it's losing point like this that we should learn to avoid, because till we concede this kind of goals we will drop points and not be genuine title contenders, not to mention that to do that in a derby hurts incredibly more.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Re: How is it possible...

Postby ant london » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:That we lost three derbies in the dying moments of the game? I mean even the Carling Cup second leg, we were already down 2-1 but still in the tie till the Rooney goal, so we can say we lost that in the final seconds too. I've been trying to calm down since Saturday but it still bugs me how we made the same mistake for the third time, when just a bit more attention could have prevented them to score.

It's frustrating, and it's losing point like this that we should learn to avoid, because till we concede this kind of goals we will drop points and not be genuine title contenders, not to mention that to do that in a derby hurts incredibly more.

I blame you lot.....fucking Italians

Famous for your lack of bottle and that is what has cost us ;-D
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 am

ant london wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:That we lost three derbies in the dying moments of the game? I mean even the Carling Cup second leg, we were already down 2-1 but still in the tie till the Rooney goal, so we can say we lost that in the final seconds too. I've been trying to calm down since Saturday but it still bugs me how we made the same mistake for the third time, when just a bit more attention could have prevented them to score.

I blame you lot.....fucking Italians

Famous for your lack of bottle and that is what has cost us ;-D

Ahah, believe me an Italian team wouldn't have made the same mistake thrice, maybe once, but surely not three times. ;)
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Mike J » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 am

we switched off and lost concentration against a team that have been scoring and winning games in the dying minutes since the prem started. its not a fluke, sadly they are the best at it.

you cannot switch off against teams like or you get punished. we got what we deserved for setting out to play for a draw - absolutely nothing.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:47 am

You switch off against United late on, you get punished. Doesnt matter what team you are, or how good you are. You have that lapse of concentration just when you think you are home and dried, and you will get bummed.

Its a lesson we have to learn, but appear to be slow to do so. Until we learn it, we will never prosper.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 am

That's why we love football so much.

Three times we played the mighty Stoke in quick succession, not once did we look like beating them. We didn't learn then what makes you think we'd learn this time :)
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:33 am

Winston Churchill has a great quote that sums it up..."Britain didn't win WW2, We just refused to lose it."

It says everything you need to know about mental approach. The rags have consistantly played until the whistle blows and it is no coincidence that it has payed off for them on many occasions. This season we have switched off when we THOUGHT the game was over.
The Australian rugby league teams have what they call INTENSITY...the ability to reach a high level of concentration for the whole of a contest.
City tend to switch in and switch out of games for periods and for us, it is a weakness that will be exploited by the top teams until we learn to concentrate the whole game.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Mancini lesson number 1 - concentration. The boys haven´t learned yet that it goes right to the end of added time.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum