Hughes/Mancini 17 Games A Piece

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hughes/Mancini 17 Games A Piece

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:15 pm

saulman wrote:
Slim wrote:
The Original Special One wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Good post mate, maybe now we can let this whole Hughes v Mancini shit go. Mancini wins hands down and he's here to stay...hopefully.

Stats are all well and good, but, stats aside, Mancini had the benefit of players who had had time to get to know each other's play.

Mancini gets us into the Champions League, he's The Man
It really is that simple!

Of course Mancini also has had 6 months to get to know the players and Hughes had 18 months. Hughes had 3 windows to get in the players he wanted, Mancini had one. Hughes had a preseason, Mancini had 3 days.

Aye. ...and Mancini only brought in one player in his window.

2 actually.

1 and a half to be more accurate.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Lee_R » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:02 pm

With these figures IMO we were right to replace Hughes and credit to the board for that decision. If we miss out on a CL spot then I wont be looking back to the defeat against the rags last week, I will be looking back to the silly draws before the turn of the year against

Fulham H 25th October
Birmingham A 1st November
Burnley H 7th November
Hull H 28th November
Bolton A 12th December

And if these games are the reason why Hughes was sacked.. then the board were spot on.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Lee_R wrote:With these figures IMO we were right to replace Hughes and credit to the board for that decision. If we miss out on a CL spot then I wont be looking back to the defeat against the rags last week, I will be looking back to the silly draws before the turn of the year against

Fulham H 25th October
Birmingham A 1st November
Burnley H 7th November
Hull H 28th November
Bolton A 12th December

And if these games are the reason why Hughes was sacked.. then the board were spot on.

Out of those games we should have won 3 the other 2 we were fortunate to get a point imo those being the away games.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum