Official Champions League Semi-Final Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Official Champions League Semi-Final Games

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Think it should be a great game tonight in the end though I think is gonna be a Barcelona v Bayern Munich final.

Image Tuesday 20th April

Image v Image Image 19:45

Image Wednesday 21st April

Image v Image Image 19:45
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Official Champions League Semi-Final Games

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:32 pm

I hope Barcelona get through, but not by thrashing Inter tonight in the first leg. If Inter thinks they have a chance in the second leg they won't concentrate on the Serie A title race and maybe they will lose more points and make Roma's run to the title a tiny bit easier :D

As for the other semi-final, I'm almost certain Munich will get through.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Brilliant play by Barca. Pedro, Barca 1-0.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Inter 0-1 Barcelona (pedro)
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Inter 1-1 Barcelona.
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Inter 2-1 Barcelona.
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Inter 3-1 Barcelona.

Barca are all over the place tonight.
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Who is the referee, does he play for Jose?

Entertaining game but for the ref/assistant to allow that goal and not give the penalty decisions is astounding. Inter played an excellent defensive game which Barca just couldn't get through.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Once again Jose proves why he's the best in the world.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby fangsanalsatan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Who is the referee, does he play for Jose?

Entertaining game but for the ref/assistant to allow that goal and not give the penalty decisions is astounding. Inter played an excellent defensive game which Barca just couldn't get through.

You mean Militos goal? I didn't get a decent angle, but it didn't look offside. Remember, Sneijder headed it pretty early and the ball travelled slowly with a lot of curl.
And that was not a penalty. From Cesars point of view you could see that Sneijder did not touch Alves at all.

Inter not only played excellent defensively, but they were deadly in attack.

/e: Ok, the goal was offside indeed. But I still wouldn't blame the ref, remember when Milito was through?
Last edited by fangsanalsatan on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Mike J » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:55 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Once again Jose proves why he's the best in the world.

makes me laugh that there are city fans that wouldnt have him here. best manager in the world.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:06 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Who is the referee, does he play for Jose?

You mean Militos goal? I didn't get a decent angle, but it didn't look offside. Remember, Sneijder headed it pretty early and the ball travelled slowly with a lot of curl.
And that was not a penalty. From Cesars point of view you could see that Sneijder did not touch Alves at all.

Inter not only played excellent defensively, but they were deadly in attack.

/e: Ok, the goal was offside indeed. But I still wouldn't blame the ref, remember when Milito was through?

All opinions mate, but it was off-side and he Sneijder did actually hit the back of Alves' calfs, clearly shown on Sky HD.

I'm not biased mate, I enjoyed the game but just couldn't fathom how the ref came to some of his decisions. Near the end I though the Barca player (?) handled the ball in the area, the ref didn't blow and then he got pummelled. I didn't see the replay but I'm sure the ref had to give it one way or the other, instead, he turned a blind eye and ignored it.

Should be a decent return leg aswell.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Mike J wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Once again Jose proves why he's the best in the world.

makes me laugh that there are city fans that wouldnt have him here. best manager in the world.

This.

If we have any realistic chance of bringing Mouinho in we should jump at it, end of. I live in the hope of Jose arriving to finally bring me a trophy as I've only been waiting 30 odd years.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Mike J wrote:

This.

If we have any realistic chance of bringing Mouinho in we should jump at it, end of. I live in the hope of Jose arriving to finally bring me a trophy as I've only been waiting 30 odd years.

Me too mate and if any manager can protect a 2 goal lead it's Jose he will have his team stifle Barca into Cluastrophobics imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dazby » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Mike J wrote:

This.

It's only half time lads. Let's not all try to suck his dick until he's reached the final eh?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 pm

dazby wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Mike J wrote:

This.

It's only half time lads. Let's not all try to suck his dick until he's reached the final eh?

I think regardless of the second leg result Jose's record speaks for itself anyway - show us your medals Jose, to which he would rightly ask where would you want him to start as it would take him a while to go through them all with you.

If we, for some god unknown reason, not take advantage of any possible opportunity to get him in as manager we will regret it for eternity, end of. Indeed if we haven't already kicked the tyres with him and his representatives I'd be amazed.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:17 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
dazby wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Mike J wrote:

This.

I think regardless of the second leg result Jose's record speaks for itself anyway - show us your medals Jose, to which he would rightly ask where would you want him to start as it would take him a while to go through them all with you.

If we, for some god unknown reason, not take advantage of any possible opportunity to get him in as manager we will regret it for eternity, end of. Indeed if we haven't already kicked the tyres with him and his representatives I'd be amazed.

If we dont appoint him in the summer, he's off to United the year after and sadly I dont care how much money we spend Mourinho and United would sweep all infront of them.

Nothing against Mancini but the best manager in the world without a shadow of a doubt is up for grabs and we HAVE to snap him up.
ross.mcfc

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:27 am

I have it on good authority that Jose recently bought a house in the area. Does anyone reckon he is coming to us?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:30 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I have it on good authority that Jose recently bought a house in the area. Does anyone reckon he is coming to us?

I spotted him at the arndale too.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:40 am

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I have it on good authority that Jose recently bought a house in the area. Does anyone reckon he is coming to us?

I spotted him at the arndale too.

Liar. It was the Trafford Centre!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum