I would start.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: I would start.

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:50 am

Does anyone remember how fired up he was at ours?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:06 am

I'd start with the same team, then if we need a goal I'd make sensible attacking substitutions that actually strengthen the team & help us to win the game. That could include chucking on RSC & just trying for a while, having wingers play to their strengths rather than permanently on the wrong side but we'll see.

I would expect we'll either get this very right or horribly wrong though. I think we'll turn them over on the break but perhaps I'm mental.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kladze » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:49 am

Vhero wrote:I hope we never need to play RSC again and he goes in the summer he has done nothing in a City shirt worth him starting in what could potentially be the biggest game of our season. Ade seems to always find the net against the gunners and that will do me.

One time = always ?

Well, I suppose it does :s
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:06 am

Sister of fu wrote:I reckon we go with:

Lee_Kinda
Uwe Sky Blue Duvet Wonderwall Dazby SOF
Bingo Piccs Markymark Lewis
Mhiggi Sven

SUBS: LAHAD-and he can only come on if he gets some new shoes. Fidal: He can replace Bob when he starts to tire after 3 mintues!!
COACH: Dougie Higg
PHYSIO: Piccs misses.

When The Arse tire throw LAHAD on up front for the final few mintues (depending on what he has on his feet!)

Quality team with great energy in the middle :)

I am like Ted on this game though. I have felt for a while we can do Arsenal if we approach the game right and if we do get ahead it could even be an easy win but be cautious and invite Arsenal to play and it could go horribly wrong. They are down but might recat strongly to that crap defeat at Wigan.It's up to us to keep them down.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:21 am

There is no way Dazby is getting a work permit, have to rethink.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:22 am

Vhero wrote:I hope we never need to play RSC again and he goes in the summer he has done nothing in a City shirt worth him starting in what could potentially be the biggest game of our season. Ade seems to always find the net against the gunners and that will do me.

Every single time. Its remarkable really.

Anyway, Ade HAS to start - whatever about the ban last time - the last time he faced the gunners was the best all round performance I have ever seen Ade have, for either club. I think he even stopped a shot on the line that day and remember THAT run that SWP couldn't finish? Wow.

Not starting him would probably mean not starting our best player in this instance.

Gillie - you're drunk ;)
Original Dub

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am

definately start Ade.. if for no other reason than the fact the arse players can't leave him alone, he always drags two players to him, at times in the game at coms there were 3 of them trying to harass him. So just for the upset to them and the space he creates for others. Apart from that he will more than likely score.
As for Gillies ascertion that the crowd will get to him, i doubt that with all he has been through he will be unnerved by the crowd, however bad they are.

The team for this i would keep the same starters as the derby, partly so they can put to rights what they missed doing in that game and re-gain their collective confidence.
Agree with Doug that Bobby has to make sure they dont drop too deep. Still not sure if it is Mancini's instructions or the players that tend to shrink back, a few times Bob has been on the touchline cajoling them to move up so i am not convinced that he tells them to be cautious, there is as much evidence that the players adopt that stance for some reason.

Either way, if we can push up as much as possible at the back then there is a seriously good chance of the link up play working and putting Arsenal under severe pressure, if we can do that then it will only be a matter of time until one of them makes a mistake.
For their part Arsenal will be wanting to make amends, i guess we can expect them to start brightly. Again i wouldn't be too worried even if they went 2 ahead early on, but the real key will be if City can force the first goal, if that happened then it may well be touch and go as to whether the Arse can hold themselves together. They are a petulant team and get mardy if they start losing out, as we saw twice at coms.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:52 am

Ade might not be the premium striker in the world but Santa Cruz isn't fit to clean his boots.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby guarani » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ade might not be the premium striker in the world but Santa Cruz isn't fit to clean his boots.

Santa cruz is world class and has class unlike Ade. I would start Santa Cruz and give Ade a rest. He did absolutely nothing against
ths scum and RSC and Tevez link up better. You have no clue.
guarani
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Roque Santa Cruz

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 pm

guarani wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ade might not be the premium striker in the world but Santa Cruz isn't fit to clean his boots.

Santa cruz is world class and has class unlike Ade. I would start Santa Cruz and give Ade a rest. He did absolutely nothing against

haha top wind up mate. Santa Cruz is the most over rated hasbeen crock I have ever seen. I wouldn't let him anywhere near the team unless there was a mass injury crisis. I rate a prime Carsten Jancker much much higher.

Adebayor on the other hand is a worl class performer when he chooses to be. My guess is he will choose to on Saturday.
Big Buddha Cheese
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: city

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:36 pm

guarani wrote:

Take it easy big boy.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:37 pm

guarani wrote:

Sometimes i really do wonder about some of our fans, you really couldn't make it up.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby kinkylola » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:54 pm

I would not start RSC for the rest of the season and definitely not for the most important run-in in our history. every game is vital and you're talking about not starting one of our most dangerous players, instead fielding someone who is just as likely to go off injured after 12 minutes. Then you'd bring on ade? demoralized and picked on by arsenal fans for being a sub, horrible man management. Ade gets fired up and he scores. He will score against the arse. If he gets us a win against arse and spurs lose to utd, it'd be worth it even if he got a ban afterwards. Than you can start RSC. would that be good?
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:57 pm

should defo start, just hope he plays like he is actually interested.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby HeyMark » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Just had a check on him for first goal, 13/2 gonna have a bit of that
HeyMark

Postby walmai » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:42 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:Hypothetical question.

City playing Spuds, fourth place decider.
85th minute, still 0-0 to spuds advantage.
RSC comes in and scores from a header 14 yards out.
Would you forgive him?

Forgive?

My word, your >£10M strikers get a rough deal at your place.

Anybody scoring the winner against Spurs at our place comes close to instant legend status there and then!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
guarani wrote:

Sometimes i really do wonder about some of our fans, you really couldn't make it up.

They could... & Did...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum