World Cup 2010 – players to look out for

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

World Cup 2010 – players to look out for

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:19 am

The World Cup gives us an opportunity to watch some of the greatest current players. It made me start to think which players I would like to see. I know it does not start until 11 June but the excitement is starting to grow.

A few players who I’d like to see a little more of include:

Pato (Brazil). Forward. 20. Not sure if he will make the World Cup but has been an emerging talent for the past few years. Can he become a great? Pace, control and powerful shooting – potential to be great. Currently injured but expected back at Milan for the last few matches. Be surprised if Milan would sell but would love to buy.

Buffon (Italy). Keeper. 32. Vastly experienced and like Given a great shot stopper. Does he control his box better better than Given, IMO yes. Is he a realistic target for City? IMO Juve would sell, not sure if Buffon would come.

Hamsik (Slovakia). Attacking Midfielder. 22. National captain, creative with a good engine. IMO he would settle in very well to our team and Premier League football. Would Napoli sell, the fans love him there. I guess money talks and hopefully Hamsik can see signing for City would be the start of building a career at an up and coming team with the financial power to compete at the highest levels for years to come.

Chiellini (Italy). Left-sided Centre Half. 25. Is he better than Lescott and if so by how much? Juve have financial difficulties so a deal may be possible. Would Chiellini want the challenge of Premier League football? If Mancini wants him that will do for me.

I’d be interested in your thoughts on which players you would like to see? Would these players be realistic targets for City and what would they offer to improving the team?

As well as the players I’m interested to see if there will be any new tactical advancements made and how creative the football is e.g. free kicks, corners and counter attack. Will City be sending any representatives to the World Cup, I certainly hope our Manager is there!
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: World Cup 2010 – players to look out for

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:49 am

i'm actually more interested in teams than the individuals. Sure, individual play will stand out or seen to be lacking because that's how the game unfolds, but the team play and energy and style is what excites me. Can't wait to see some of the African teams, and some of the south american teams which i rarely ever see, such as Uruguay, and Chile as well as Mexico and the South Korean teams.

roll on June...but City for 4th first please!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:26 am

Bojinov's left foot wrote:Will City be sending any representatives to the World Cup, I certainly hope our Manager is there!

I've said it before. I'd rather have our scouts/whoever have identified our targets already and they should know everything about Hamsik, Chiellini, Di Maria, Gourcuff and every other possible target by now. It's not like they are going to turn into different players in the summer are they?
I'm sure we will all see a one-WC-wonder next summer who will move on after WC and nobody will ever hear anything about him apart from in form of sex scandal etc.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:27 am

I personally am looking forward to see some individuals but also like DoomMerchant said also some teams, especially the African countries.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:42 am

one of our own - weiss. im assuming he will get good playing time over there. its his big chance to show mancini what he is all about.

also ronaldo and ronaldinho - now i know its unlikely that they will both be there but i hope they are. two absolute legends final world cup would be great to see.

aguero
hamsik
gio dos santos - i still refuse to believe this guy is shit
sortiris ninis
simon kjaer
nicholas lodeiro
mesut ozil
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 am

Vladimir Weiss.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Curlie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 am

De Jong
I believe he will be a massive hit this summer and everyone will be chasing him
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Postby HeyMark » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Not sure if he's actually gonna make the german squad but i've liked the look of toni kroos from what i've seen of him this season
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Curlie wrote:De Jong
I believe he will be a massive hit this summer and everyone will be chasing him

I think so too.. I also think he will be linked to the rags or Chelsea..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum