Toure - Ade must stay calm

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Toure - Ade must stay calm

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:23 am

Manchester City captain Kolo Toure says Emmanuel Adebayor must stay calm against Arsenal at the weekend.

City travel to the Emirates Stadium for a crunch Premier League clash on Saturday which they will be keen to win to move back into fourth place.

Tottenham currently occupy the crucial last UEFA Champions League spot but Spurs have a tough game as they go to title hopefuls Manchester United.

City stars Toure, Adebayor and Patrick Vieira all return to their former club when the Blues take on Arsene Wenger's side, with controversy surrounding the corresponding fixture earlier this season.

The Gunners were beaten 4-2 at Eastlands back in September, but the game will be remembered for former Togo international Adebayor running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans after scoring at the other end.

Toure was the man who pulled him away from the furious supporters on that occasion and has admitted he has told the striker to stay calm this time around.

He told Sky Sports: "I had a word with him, Patrick had a word with him as well. The most important thing for him is to play and to give everything for our club Man City

"(I told him) just to calm down and focus on the game because that's the most important.

"If we start to be emotional that's when we can drop some points. For us the most important thing is to win the game."

Toure, unlike Adebayor, left Arsenal on good terms when he moved to City last summer after spending seven successful years at the North London club.

The 29-year-old defender admits he is looking forward to returning and says it could be a good time to play against the Gunners.

"I have always had a great relationship with the (Arsenal) fans," he added.

"(Now) I am in a new family and I think they are all fantastic.

"I think it is going to be a great, great day for all of us because we are all looking forward to going back and playing against our old team.

"I think it is a great time to play against them because they have a few injured players and maybe we can come back with some points."

skysports.com
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Toure - Ade must stay calm

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:01 pm

He will stay calm I mean he will celebrate when he scores but I doubt he would lap the pitch again.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Re: Toure - Ade must stay calm

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Vhero wrote:He will stay calm I mean he will celebrate when he scores but I doubt he would lap the pitch again.

I hope so...
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum