Robben

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robben

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:19 pm

What do you think of this guy-would you have him at City??? I know I done a thread on Di Maria the other week,but feel these are the sorts of players we need to be lookin at..

He's an awesome player but really needs to cut down on the cheatin

What did you think of his reaction towards bein subbed ?? I dont lke to see it but it does show the guy has seriuos passion and a will to win..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Robben

Postby Spurge » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:28 pm

He's got bags of talent, torments defenders, can play either side, scores goals, works his nuts off - all at the highest level

Why wouldn't we want him?
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Lee_Kinda » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 pm

he was amazing again tonight, apparently had a good game at the weekend as well.
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:45 pm

He was'nt good enough for Chelsea so why would he be for us?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Zezou » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 pm

gillie wrote:He was'nt good enough for Chelsea so why would he be for us?.

??? he was awesome for chelsesa and left them for real madrid!

My only concern about him when he was in the prem was his fitness but he seems to be over his injury problems now. (although that is an assumption as i dont really follow the german league)

i remember when robben first came into the chelsea team I thought he looked like the best player in the world he was immense to begin with!

last two times iv seen him, today and against scum he was great and was responsible for winning both games, id love him at city!!!
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby HeyMark » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Zezou wrote:

My only concern about him when he was in the prem was his fitness but he seems to be over his injury problems now. (although that is an assumption as i dont really follow the german league)

i remember when robben first came into the chelsea team I thought he looked like the best player in the world he was immense to begin with!

last two times iv seen him, today and against scum he was great and was responsible for winning both games, id love him at city!!!

He did have a couple of niggly injuries at the start of the season that kept him out for a few games, but the second half of the season he has been injury free
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby simon12 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 pm

When we first came into money I suggested on this website he was the kind of player we should go for and had the piss taken out of me!!
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby gillie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 am

Zezou wrote:

So Roman needed Real's money did he imo he was deemed not good enough by Jose so he went end of.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby kinkylola » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:10 am

stop being daft ... robben WANTED to go to real. so he went.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:37 am

I'd have him in a heartbeat. Better than any winger we have at the moment.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:49 am

simon12 wrote:When we first came into money I suggested on this website he was the kind of player we should go for and had the piss taken out of me!!

I really don't believe you. Robben has been one of my top three players to watch in the world for ages. His only problem is that he is completely unable to stay fully fit and is always carrying minor injuries. That said, his productivity per minute played is second to none so he'd definitely be worth the hassle.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 am

top player, who's yet to hit his peak
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Esky » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:31 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
simon12 wrote:When we first came into money I suggested on this website he was the kind of player we should go for and had the piss taken out of me!!

I really don't believe you. Robben has been one of my top three players to watch in the world for ages. His only problem is that he is completely unable to stay fully fit and is always carrying minor injuries. That said, his productivity per minute played is second to none so he'd definitely be worth the hassle.

That's exactly it. Purple patch or otherwise, he's one of the best wingers in the game at the moment. He turns it on during the big occasions too (Euro 2008, Chumps League this year).

Real brought in the Tranny/Kaka and so had no choice but to let him go.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Vhero » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 am

Wow only 26 didn't realise he's so young since he already been about a bit. Would definitely be a good buy. Chelsea definitely missed him when they got rid and if they said they didn't they are lying out there arse. He really is a great player that can make a huge difference on the day. Would never say no to him.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:42 am

He's very one footed.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:42 am

chelsea where at there best with him and duff but when real come knocking it doesnt matter what club you are they always get the player they want.

hes class if fit, would annoy the shit out of you if playing against you but class if hes on your team, im just sorry we didnt go all out for him and sneigder last summer, there values have sky rocketed since then...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby simon12 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:51 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I`ve no reason to lie I`m not that kind of poster reasons were "lightweight" "cheat" etc
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:12 am

I still think he's a lightweight & a cheat, also injury prone & temperamental. Definitely a matchwinner though so it's all about balance really; if you have a side that suits him then he could be a great player to have, provided you don't start him in every game.

He faded badly at Chelsea though & it barely caused a ripple amongst their fans when he went. Currently scoring at a much higher rate than he did in the PL. No guarantee he'd repeat it if he came back.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:21 am

When I saw him against the shite, he couldn't beat his full back, pretty sure it was Evra. He was cutting inside to get on his left peg all the time. I was thinking how poor he was playing and that it was time for him to be subbed... then he goes and hits that volley in the bottom corner. What do i know eh?
On the whole though It'd be a 'no' from me. I'd sooner watch A. J.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:25 am

Lee_Kinda wrote:he was amazing again tonight, apparently had a good game at the weekend as well.

Scored a hattrick himself and pretty much took part in all the other 4 Bayern goals as well. It was quite a rout.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum