Thursday's B*LL*X

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*LL*X

Postby Chinners » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 am

KOLO Toure has warned Manchester City team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor to turn a deaf ear and keep his cool in front of the Arsenal hate mob on Saturday.
City captain Toure has told Adebayor that if he does not keep a check on his emotions he could wreck City’s bid to reclaim fourth position from Tottenham.
Adebayor faces a hostile reception when he makes his first return to the Emirates Stadium following his controversial £25million move to City last summer.
Gunners fans – and some Arsenal players – turned against him in his final season with the club when he was accused of some lazy performances.
And an emotional Adebayor snapped after being snubbed by some of his former team-mates and then hearing vile insults about his parents from fans when the teams met at Eastlands last September.
He ran the entire length of the pitch after scoring the third goal in City’s 4-2 win to goad Arsenal’s travelling supporters, prompting claims from police and stewards that his action could have sparked a riot.
The FA warned Adebayor over his future conduct and also banned him for three matches following a clash with Robin van Persie.
Toure and Patrick Vieira, both former Arsenal players, have taken time out this week to make personal pleas to Adebayor. They have spelt out to him that the best way to silence the fans is to score a goal.
“It will be tough for him because of everything that happened at the home game earlier this season,” said Toure. “I have had a word with him and so has Patrick.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Manchester United are lining up a £20m summer move for Tottenham defender Gareth Bale, whom they first tried to sign from Southampton three years ago. Daily Express

United striker Dimitar Berbatov could be on his way to AC Milan in a summer swap deal with Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar going the opposite way. Caughtoffisde.com

Swansea boss Paulo Sousa could be the man to replace Hull's management consultant Iain Dowie at the KC Stadium. Daily Mail

And Cardiff manager Dave Jones is a shock contender to replace Gianfranco Zola as West Ham manager, should the Italian leave the club in the summer. Daily Mirror

Belgian international midfielder Jelle van Damme, who has just won a second consecutive league title with Anderlecht, says an unnamed English club has made a "concrete" offer for him, with Fulham thought to be interested. Daily Mirror

Aston Villa are interested in signing West Ham striker Carlton Cole to partner Gabriel Agbonlahor up front, as a replacement for John Carew who could move to Fulham.Caughtoffisde.com

Liverpool are lining up a bid for Rangers' £8m-rated teenage defender Danny Wilson, with the youngster being loaned back to the Gers next season.Caughtoffisde.com

OTHER BOLLOX
Celtic's 38-year-old caretaker manager Neil Lennon says he is ready to take the job on permanently. Daily Telegraph

And Walter Smith has hinted Ally McCoist could soon take over from him as Rangers manager, saying his assistant is "as ready as he's ever going to be" to become a manager. Daily Telegraph

Stoke manager Tony Pulis is fed up with the long journeys his reserves have to face and wants to play local friendlies instead. Daily Mail

Fabio Capello is buoyed by the news that Manchester United defender Wes Brown is back in training and could face Tottenham on Saturday. Daily Mail

Hull chairman Adam Pearson has launched a blistering attack on predecessor Paul Duffen, accusing him of "moral irresponsibility" for his running of the Premier League strugglers. Daily Mail

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez says their marathon trek to Madrid for their Europa League semi-final has been a positive experience as it has brought the team closer together.the Times

Portsmouth's £119m list of debts includes £40 owed to Pukka Pies and 20p owed to Qatar Airways. The Sun

Tottenham claim they are owed £1m by Pompey over a deal for goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, despite the move never going through as the player opted to join Stoke instead. The Sun

A list of Manchester United's corporate customers has been posted on the internet by anti-Glazer protesters much to the anger of officials. Daily Mail

Colin Murray is thought to be favourite to replace Adrian Chiles as presenter of the BBC's MOTD2 programme.the Guardian
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*LL*X

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:06 am

Portsmouth's £119m list of debts includes £40 owed to Pukka Pies and 20p owed to Qatar Airways. The Sun

WHAT??????
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 am

Slim wrote:

WHAT??????

Yeah I think our bollox poster is having a little fun with us here..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Ezz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:07 am

It's true - I heard about the 20p one on the radio.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlate ... 6245278.jp
Ezz
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:12 am

Fabio Capello is buoyed by the news that Manchester U***d defender Wes Brown is back in training and could face Tottenham on Saturday. Daily Mail

Shouldn't that read: Harry Redknapp is buoyed by the news that Manchester U***d defender Wes Brown is back in training and could face Tottenham on Saturday.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 am

Vhero wrote:
Slim wrote:

WHAT??????

Yeah I think our bollox poster is having a little fun with us here..

Definitely true, the list of debts goes from the sublime to the ridiculous, including them owing the local St Johns Ambulance around 2.5k and a school around 16 or 18k, the exact figure escapes me. The 20p debt is a classic though, they should offer 5p and call it quits
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum