Fernando Torres - Robbie Savage

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernando Torres - Robbie Savage

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:15 am

I think it speaks volumes that he has already given up this season to ensure he makes the world cup. I couldnt imagine Rooney or Ronaldo doing that for there respective countries.

Liverpool are desperate for the cash and only two clubs can afford him right now and he certainly will never sign for Real Madrid.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:17 am

eastlandsblue wrote:listen to talkshite last night and Danny Baker

He's on the BBC?
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:25 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I know for a fact that he wasnt in Barcelona getting treatment for his 'bad knee' this last week. He's been on holiday with his family, with no strapping round the knee, no limp and no sign of injury or treatment whatsoever. Makes you wonder whether or not he's actually allowed to play for Liverpool for the remainder of the season because they've already sold him to a rival doesn't it?

How do you know this Goat?

My Dad was at the same hotel at the same time and saw quite a bit of him. Said he was a nice guy and is definitely not injured.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:56 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I know for a fact that he wasnt in Barcelona getting treatment for his 'bad knee' this last week. He's been on holiday with his family, with no strapping round the knee, no limp and no sign of injury or treatment whatsoever. Makes you wonder whether or not he's actually allowed to play for Liverpool for the remainder of the season because they've already sold him to a rival doesn't it?

My Dad was at the same hotel at the same time and saw quite a bit of him. Said he was a nice guy and is definitely not injured.

i'm sorry but i doubt you could tell if he was injured or not unless he was out playing beach volleyball and dancing in the clubs with yr old man.

Did your pops play beach volleyball or dance "the wop" with Torres?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:49 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

i'm sorry but i doubt you could tell if he was injured or not unless he was out playing beach volleyball and dancing in the clubs with yr old man.

cheers

Like I said, no limp, no strapping, not in Barcelona where he was said to be having treatment for a knee injury thats 'ruled him out for the season'. I find that all a bit odd, dont you?
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

cheers

Like I said, no limp, no strapping, not in Barcelona where he was said to be having treatment for a knee injury thats 'ruled him out for the season'. I find that all a bit odd, dont you?

no i don't. people can live their lives with ACL or other knee damage and walk around normally. How would you really know? the kind of injury that would prevent someone from playing top tier football for just a few weeks in the best league in the world might be something that the average individual couldn't even notice in some cases if you met them and watched them walk around.

know what i mean?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:27 am

When Jolean walked out on SoccerAM the other week he said he was 3 weeks from returning and he walked out fine.

Big difference between living your normal life and asking your body to perform a sport at the highest level.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:57 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

cheers

no i don't. people can live their lives with ACL or other knee damage and walk around normally. How would you really know? the kind of injury that would prevent someone from playing top tier football for just a few weeks in the best league in the world might be something that the average individual couldn't even notice in some cases if you met them and watched them walk around.

know what i mean?

We could theorise forever on how someone may or may not walk around with varying degrees of knee injuries but I personally would have thought that most doctors wouldn't want a top international footballer walking around unsupported with a damaged knee weeks before a world cup when hes supposedly meant to be having an operation? Know what I mean? I also find it odd that he also wasn't receiving treatment in the place they said he was. If you don't agree fine. I'm stating an opinion, not seeking approval.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fish111 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:18 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:Can this Torres bloke play Defensive Mid though? And would he look fab in our new Puma shirts?

No,but he'd look good in an Adidas shirt with Singha on the front carrying a 200 pound season card dancing around with the already secured 4th spot in a 100% deffo three tiered on all sides stadium.

Don't forget the roof!
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum