Training Thursday 22/4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Thursday 22/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Another sunny day at Carrington for what today was a short largley fun session. Noticeably first out was Massimo I really must look up his full name) the goalkeeping coach.He is always out early setting up all his bits and pieces in readiness to start work. Earlier than ever today and after hanging around for quite a while he went back in to drag them out. Good to see Shay was amongst them.

No Ade or Bellers today. Ade migth be a concern now as he has not trained all week but he will be out later doing some light stuff.Bellers just doing a little inside but no need to do 4 days full training in a row.The other coaches spent a while talking with groundsman and the doc before getting started.It looked like there was some concern about the pitches.I thought maybe there was worry they were too hard even though they get regular watering which was happening when I arrived. Kidd said that hardness wasnt a problem though so maybe it was about foorwear or something.

All the usual warm up stuff was followed by a handball game. ( cricketers do football and footballers do handball) Two teams and every time one team achived 6 passes the others did press ups.Some lazy buggers on those press ups. Then it was into a game and I think Toure disappeared at this time so Fausto ( another second name to look up) joined a team. He has a pretty good touch too. The game was reasonably competitive but nothing too hard.I hope it means something but I definitely though Stevie had a little extra in his game today. I am sure I have said that before but he showed some real quality today and some tenaciousness.

A quality goal started it with perfect first touch control and an exquisite chip into the top corner.The other to stand out for me was Gunner Neilsen who pulled off some top saves. Not a long game and at the end half went in and the rest stayed around for some specific practice.Great too that all this was on the pitch just outside the main buildings and very close to us few watchers.

AJ practicing hard at his crossing. Cursing himself for quite a while as he struggled but it started to come. RSC and SWP were his targets in the middle whilst Garrido (who else) Tevez and NDJ were practicing free kicks. Nigel was brilliant!! Well he wasnt actually but he did get a few in and there was a great cheer from his fellow players when his first went in.He milked that of course and then smashed the next in over the wall as well.When they switched to penalties he was pretty good too and proclaimed himself the winner as the others all missed when he didn't. All good fun whilst AJ was toiling away.

Micah was still out doing something behind the fence and then sat watching and doing some sit ups .Vieira was doing some extra fitness work as well.It seemed that Nigel was going in but clearly lifted by his success came back for some more.Eventually the rest went in leaving just RSC and Carlos out lazing around chatting and sunning themselves.

We did get a brief sighting of Michael Johhno looking trim when he walked into the specially erected tent behind the players.I assume for an interview for the club site as we also saw Kolo being interviewed and Mancini also went in for an interview with Jose the interpreter.

No special guests today but I forgot to mention yesterday that Uve Rossler was at Carrington and looking really well too. I managed to bow to him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 22/4

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Good to hear Micah's back for the last few. Get him in instead of Toure asap because that guy WILL cost us!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Massimo Battara.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:21 pm

I see Adebayor is conveniently developed an injury. He will bottle it (c G Cook)
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 pm

nice one doug, i bet Barry is fuclin ace at handball no?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 pm

FFS players moan about training when most of them barely ever train a full week!

Hmm interesting re: the comments about Ade. I did think that lescott bottled it against everton (twice?)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:00 pm

seems garrido always does extra work, seems like hes the total professional even though he does get shafted by the club(starts one week plays well, next not even on bench the next).
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Substitutions last Saturday were Adebayor ( injured and hasn't trained since) AJ ( injured and wasn't recovered enough to train on Tuesday). Who was the other one?

Does anybody really think Ade would bottle playingArsenal after the performanec he gave against them last time?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:19 pm

De Jong.

If Ade is injured, how come there is a story from Bobby today saying Ade has to keep his cool?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Haz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Slim wrote:De Jong.

If Ade is injured, how come there is a story from Bobby today saying Ade has to keep his cool?

Bleedin good question, was wondering that myself! Especially with Toure's and Vieira's comments about Ade too.
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Haz wrote:

Bleedin good question, was wondering that myself! Especially with Toure's and Vieira's comments about Ade too.

Ade has an injury and is doubtful but they hope he can win the battle and be fit and available. They said what they said probably because it's expected of then to say that if asked certain questions and at the same time to give the impression that he will be playing and let Arsenal prepare for him to play.

I suppose they could have said he has a bit of an injury at the moment so I don't have to answer any questions about him so please leave the room.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Seeing as you've knocked up another good report Doug, the 2 you're looking for are Fausto Salsano and Massimo Battara (as Slim said)
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Cheers for that Doug, I don't doubt that Ade has an injury but i bet he's all better come Sat.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Smokescreen?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Haz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Ade has an injury and is doubtful but they hope he can win the battle and be fit and available. They said what they said probably because it's expected of then to say that if asked certain questions and at the same time to give the impression that he will be playing and let Arsenal prepare for him to play.

I suppose they could have said he has a bit of an injury at the moment so I don't have to answer any questions about him so please leave the room.

Very true. I do like a good conspiracy theory! I just hope it comfuses Arsenal half as much as it has people on here ;)
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:21 pm

You've shown your usual tenacity there, Doug(lol)
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:10 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Smokescreen?

From the mouth of Mancini.

I think that for tomorrow we have all players available, a little injury for Manu and Shay but nothing important.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:19 am

Slim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Smokescreen?

From the mouth of Mancini.

I think that for tomorrow we have all players available, a little injury for Manu and Shay but nothing important.

swot I said diddle eye
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:29 am

I think Ade has been kept in a dark room, tied, gagged & sedated & they'll let him out in time for the game.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum