Title bid next for Blues boss

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Title bid next for Blues boss

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Roberto Mancini has already set his sights on creating a super Blues team that can win the Premier League title next season.

City's manager is still scheming to steer his current side into fourth place to snap up the Champions League spot that should encourage more big names to sign up.

But as he prepares for the tough trip to Arsenal, Mancini has given a clear indication of both his and the club's ambition for what will be his first full season in charge.

The Blues boss said: "All the top players want to play in the Champions League, this is normal. If you want to build a team that next year plays to win the Premier League, we must get top players.

"In Europe there are a lot of top players. I don't know if they would come here because we were playing in the Champions League."

But in an early warning to the current squad, he added: "Next year we want to play to win the Premier League. For this to happen, we must improve this team."

Mancini confirmed that he will talk with Garry Cook and Brian Marwood before City step into the market - and wants incoming transfers sorted before the World Cup kicks off on June 11.

He said: "It would be better, because during the World Cup it is difficult to speak to the players and to buy any players.

"So for us to prepare very well for next season it is important, if possible, to sign the players before the World Cup."

Mancini expects Emmanuel Adebayor and Shay Given to shrug off niggles to face Arsenal, while Micah Richards will be assessed after training tomorrow.

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Title bid next for Blues boss

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:51 pm

TBH i dont like this kind of talk because the players who are not top level/ not ambitious may think ''right fuck you city, im getting you into europe and you just want to replace me''. I hope none of our players have such an attitude.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Nick wrote:TBH i dont like this kind of talk because the players who are not top level/ not ambitious may think ''right fuck you city, im getting you into europe and you just want to replace me''. I hope none of our players have such an attitude.

agree, very dangerous to be talking like this at such a crucial point of the season, the current players should be only concentrating on the next game and not having to worry about next season and wheather or not their place is safe
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Nick wrote:TBH i dont like this kind of talk because the players who are not top level/ not ambitious may think ''right fuck you city, im getting you into europe and you just want to replace me''. I hope none of our players have such an attitude.

Players who are not top level and most certainly players who are not ambitious...have no place at City.
The time for sentimentality is well and truly past. If we want to achieve, only the very best, most ambitious should wear the light blue shirt.
I personally love this kind of talk. We should be discussing being champions every day.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 pm

john68 wrote:

Players who are not top level and most certainly players who are not ambitious...have no place at City.
The time for sentimentality is well and truly past. If we want to achieve, only the very best, most ambitious should wear the light blue shirt.
I personally love this kind of talk. We should be discussing being champions every day.

I agree, it doesnt really matter when you start talikg about transfers and Mancini has a good point, not only would it be better financially ( before their value go's up ) It gives him plenty of time to organise for the pre-season. Players frames of minds wont change because, he's talking about transfers, some might well have decided already, where their loyalties lie. But our better players will remain focused
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:20 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:
john68 wrote:

I agree, it doesnt really matter when you start talikg about transfers and Mancini has a good point, not only would it be better financially ( before their value go's up ) It gives him plenty of time to organise for the pre-season. Players frames of minds wont change because, he's talking about transfers, some might well have decided already, where their loyalties lie. But our better players will remain focused

agree with both of yoos.. i dont mind this kind of talk as long as it isn't unrealistic.. eg. Benitez haha!
but seriously it is good and also clever of Bob to say this now. We have 4 massive games where the players can force the issue of playing in the CL, we need performances and we need players to be thinking that well it isn't going to be me who loses out.. it can be someone else. While Mancini may well have targets already based on his assesments of our weaknesses over the last 18 games or whatever, he knows as well as all the players know that we are a work in progress and there are plenty of opportunities for players to make a case to secure their futures in these next 4 games..
1. because earlier poor performances will be taken with a pinch of salt due to disruption.
2. this is where it really counts towards the really really sharp end and players who perform will get extra beeny points for doing so.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:37 pm

john68 wrote:

agreed. any talk of anything else is just setting your sights too low. This team, this season COULD have done something special with an attitude like this from the get-go, but instead we got a lot of "good value for money" etc. No reason to expect LESS next season. I love this kind of talk. It's like your lady telling you how much she loves sucking cock. How could you not like hearing that?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby kinkylola » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:11 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I love this kind of talk. It's like your lady telling you how much she loves sucking cock. How could you not like hearing that?
cheers

That pretty much sums it up.

can't understand the people that support city and yet want us to keep our heads bowed and stay real quiet. That's not how it's done.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:45 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:
john68 wrote:

agree with both of yoos.. i dont mind this kind of talk as long as it isn't unrealistic.. eg. Benitez haha!
but seriously it is good and also clever of Bob to say this now. We have 4 massive games where the players can force the issue of playing in the CL, we need performances and we need players to be thinking that well it isn't going to be me who loses out.. it can be someone else. While Mancini may well have targets already based on his assesments of our weaknesses over the last 18 games or whatever, he knows as well as all the players know that we are a work in progress and there are plenty of opportunities for players to make a case to secure their futures in these next 4 games..
1. because earlier poor performances will be taken with a pinch of salt due to disruption.
2. this is where it really counts towards the really really sharp end and players who perform will get extra beeny points for doing so.

I agree with this, but for some reason i just see the majority of our squad as BOTTLERS when the chips are down. Too often this season we have always lost when its counted. I just see players like barry, toure, lescott, ade etc. as players that dont play weel under pressure. Obviously we do have tevez, bellers, de jong and kompo that should stay anyway.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Nick wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:
john68 wrote:

I agree with this, but for some reason i just see the majority of our squad as BOTTLERS when the chips are down. Too often this season we have always lost when its counted. I just see players like barry, toure, lescott, ade etc. as players that dont play weel under pressure. Obviously we do have tevez, bellers, de jong and kompo that should stay anyway.

silly...we don't have a team of bottlers you douchebag.

sort it out.

cheers

EDIT: also you can't say yr afraid of talk like this because it will unsettle forementioned, alleged bottlers either. Your arguments all make no fuclin sense at all alone or summed up all together in one big retard stew. Go sit down and read a book or something. Your fucking out of hand. Sorry. It's true.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum