City move for Mesut Ozil.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City move for Mesut Ozil.

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:11 am

I couldn't see anything on this on here, but its very worthy of a thread.

Manchester City are edging closer towards completing a deal to bring Werder Bremen winger Mesut Ozil to Eastlands, according to a report from The Independent.

The German international, 21, is seen as one of Europe's hottest prospects, and City are keen to bring him to England to fill the left-wing position in their team.

There have been reports that Martin Petrov and Craig Bellamy could leave Eastlands in the summer, leaving City short of options on the left side of midfield.

The Citizens are believed to have held preliminary talks with the player and are keen to conclude a deal before the World Cup, after which competition for his signature could heat up.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... der-bremen?

Now i know Mesut Ozil isn't Torres BUT he could well turn out to be a star of that calibre, anyone who watches bundesliga footy will know Ozil is one hell of a talent and already one of the best players in the german league.

This is another sleeper signing like Adam Johnson, i just hope we can get him in before the world cup as i'm sure he'll sky rocket in value after it!

Here's the standard old you tube comp, see what you think of the lad!

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8E6sWiJotUU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8E6sWiJotUU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Mesut Ozil and the awesome up n coming players of the world are the guys we should be signing first and foremost imo, guys like Ozil are the future of world football!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Re: City move for Mesut Ozil.

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 am

Is that video a piss take, I watched a minute, and he looked like a greedy cunt who hits it straight at the keeper every time.

I hope he is better than that, couldnt be arsed watching anymore, it depressed me and reminded me of the day I watched the Jo compilation
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 am

sign him up. i love how he does those fantastic moves to get into one on ones with a keeper and then smashes it into the keepers chest a couple times.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:35 am

I would like to see him in our squad.

From what I've seen he's not a finished product but he looks promising and skillful.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:39 am

It's in the daily bollox, however what a joke of a youtube clip. When the player even looks shit in a youtube video you know you are onto something special. 2:31 was the first thing I could see that could be classed as a highlight and even that was more about the pass(from another player) than his finish.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue in North London » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:50 am

A good player who become world class.

Took over the play-making role at Bremen from Diego and has done well.
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Slim wrote:It's in the daily bollox, however what a joke of a youtube clip. When the player even looks shit in a youtube video you know you are onto something special. 2:31 was the first thing I could see that could be classed as a highlight and even that was more about the pass(from another player) than his finish.

Ok you got me it was a little in joke of a you tube clip, i mean how many times have we seen players look awesome on you tube vids (samaras a prime example) and them join and be utter tripe. I thought for a little comedy i'd put in a pap video as in real life he really is a damn good player, yes the video my not suggest it but he really is. I'm sure our german blues will back me up on this :D genuinely one for the future!
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby ruralblue » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Take nothing based on you tube clips, we all remember that amazing looking unpolished diamond?.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:18 pm

ruralblue wrote:Take nothing based on you tube clips, we all remember that amazing looking unpolished diamond?.

uncut dude... uncut.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mike J » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:24 pm

this guy is supposed to be class. one im most looking forward to watching at the WC
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:39 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Is that video a piss take, I watched a minute, and he looked like a greedy cunt who hits it straight at the keeper every time.

I hope he is better than that, couldnt be arsed watching anymore, it depressed me and reminded me of the day I watched the Jo compilation

that sounds like Torres all over..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby razor400 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:44 pm

Vhero wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Is that video a piss take, I watched a minute, and he looked like a greedy cunt who hits it straight at the keeper every time.

that sounds like Torres all over..

That sounds like Vassel all over..
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Those of you who think he's shit; he's not.

Fantastic prospect who I'd love to see at our club. Whether he'll live up to his promise though, who knows? Currently he's a certainly very good player but not yet at the top; similar level to Johnson, perhaps a bit better I'd say. Many such players fall by the wayside like Ireland is currently doing but the talent is there, absolutely. If he has a good world cup his price could sky rocket & take him from ' worthwhile gamble' to 'complete pisstake' level though.

I recon he'd be more of a threat to Ireland than to Bellamy as he can play that attacking midfield position as well as out wide.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Those of you who think he's shit; he's not.

Fantastic prospect who I'd love to see at our club. Whether he'll live up to his promise though, who knows? Currently he's a certainly very good player but not yet at the top; similar level to Johnson, perhaps a bit better I'd say. Many such players fall by the wayside like Ireland is currently doing but the talent is there, absolutely. If he has a good world cup his price could sky rocket & take him from ' worthwhile gamble' to 'complete pisstake' level though.

I recon he'd be more of a threat to Ireland than to Bellamy as he can play that attacking midfield position as well as out wide.

Yeah I've heard nothing but good things about this lad -really looking forward to seeing him at the world cup.

Some bastard just brought him on for Germany when I was winning 1-0 in FIFA10 and he changed the game and I lost 2-1.
So that's that then. Sign the cunt.
Original Dub

Postby TomS » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:24 pm

I had the pleasure to see this guy for one and a half year now.

Pro:
-Young
-Promising
-tricky
-could do similar things with the balls as Diego
-on a good day a lad who will be the part of the team who makes the difference
- not so bad looking girlfriend

Contra:
-has many ups and downs
-bad managment where his father is involved, more looking after the money than what is good for the player
- lightweight who is easy to get out off balance
-seems to be sensitive
-not a pleasure to watch in an interview

In my opinion a Rosicki style player who could do the Premier league on a 50/50, he could only survive if he learns fast to deal with the tackle style defense.....

Werder wanted to extend his contract (until 2011 now) since half a year, the players managment wanted to wait after the WC. Player reacted sensitive and with bad games to the poker game around him.
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:30 pm

TomS wrote:I had the pleasure to see this guy for one and a half year now.

Pro:
-Young
-Promising
-tricky
-could do similar things with the balls as Diego
-on a good day a lad who will be the part of the team who makes the difference
- not so bad looking girlfriend

Contra:
-has many ups and downs
-bad managment where his father is involved, more looking after the money than what is good for the player
- lightweight who is easy to get out off balance
-seems to be sensitive
-not a pleasure to watch in an interview

In my opinion a Rosicki style player who could do the Premier league on a 50/50, he could only survive if he learns fast to deal with the tackle style defense.....

Werder wanted to extend his contract (until 2011 now) since half a year, the players managment wanted to wait after the WC. Player reacted sensitive and with bad games to the poker game around him.

Cheers for that Tom! When it comes to Werder players, I'll take your word over anyone else's.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Knappe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:32 pm

TomS wrote:-bad managment where his father is involved, more looking after the money than what is good for the player

really?
Die Nummer 1 im Pott sind wir
Knappe
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Schalke04

Postby TomS » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Yeah,seems to be the case.
The saga of extending his contract reminds me of the saga when he left your club to us......
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

Postby Knappe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:43 pm

well, Werder management is much smarter than ours was at the time. But the way he lost his form, when the contract talks started, was quite embarassing. But he is still a very young player.We expect outstanding performances from these young guys in every match these days. Not really fair
Die Nummer 1 im Pott sind wir
Knappe
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Schalke04

Postby Dameerto » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I saw him play during the Under 21's International tournament a while back - he was very impressive.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum