City move for Mesut Ozil.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City move for Mesut Ozil.

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Dameerto wrote:I saw him play during the Under 21's International tournament a while back - he was very impressive.

On the other hand, so was Marcus Berg, then Groningen (Holland), now Hamburg. He was the U 21 championship top scorer, but hardly gets a game for HSV now (yes, the acquisition of Ruud Horse Face van Nistelrooy might've something to do with it, but not only).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:27 pm

As a German I have to say that Ozil has the potential to become one of the best German players. He certainly is the most exciting talent that has been produced in the past few decades.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Dameerto » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:28 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I saw him play during the Under 21's International tournament a while back - he was very impressive.

On the other hand, so was Marcus Berg, then Groningen (Holland), now Hamburg. He was the U 21 championship top scorer, but hardly gets a game for HSV now (yes, the acquisition of Ruud Horse Face van Nistelrooy might've something to do with it, but not only).

That's why I used the past tense - he was impressive during that tournament around one year ago - I haven't seen him play since.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:As a German I have to say that Ozil has the potential to become one of the best German players. He certainly is the most exciting talent that has been produced in the past few decades.

decades?

hyperbole much?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Goataldo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:13 pm

Seen nowt of this lad but as with many players he looks damn good on YouTube.

His name's like a countdown conundrum.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum