Training Friday 23/4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 23/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:03 pm

A normal sesison today and good to see Adebayor out there.Nobody missing from the expected squad.While the coaches were chatting and waiting for the players the doc carried on his regular warm ups showing an improved touch. A very nice 6 touch routine when he worked a bit with Silvinho was quality but there were some occasions where his second touch was after a chase to get the ball back.

All the usual warm up stuff with a bit of okey cokey thrown in. They were all spread around the center circle doing stretches and Carminati had them all moving into the centre spot doing a variety of specific movements to stretch groins etc. looked quite funny. tevez left the fie;d for a short while to get a leg strapped up. Not a probelm based on how he played all session but he had a strapping all week and started today without it.

Off then to a pictch set out with four 5 a side nets and a game all about pass and move and trying to score with 1 touch after a minimum of about 10 passes. It was the Ireland versus Tevez show for a while as each scored nice hat tricks.Ade didn't take part in this or anymore training but I am sure he is availlable for selection.After this Mancini took an 11 for mostly some attacking team work. Usually this is the 11 for the next game but maybe not as Ade wasnt out there at the time. Mostly attacking but a little defending corners mostly i think to remind them all where their position is.

The players were switched around after a while so Mancini could work with a different 11. I expected them to finish here but they stayed for a 10 a side game as a finale. Ireland yet again looking good and certainly putting plenty in. Scoring and missing but clearly looking like he meant it all the time. A photographer nearby said he felt it had the feeling of an and of season session! Not to me it didn't but he is a scum fan.

Stu Taylor was out for the first time in a while with a lot of strapping on a leg. Just one to one stuff with a physio and quite gentle after the op he had.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 23/4

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:05 pm

Good news about Taylor, told you Ade would be fine. :p

I would expect a gentle session today with the game tomorrow, no wonder it looked like an end of season session.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Slim wrote:Good news about Taylor, told you Ade would be fine. :p

I would expect a gentle session today with the game tomorrow, no wonder it looked like an end of season session.

But that's the point it wasn't a gentle session.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Then what was the filth seeing?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Glad to hear Ade back, would be nice to see Ireland bag a few tomorrow.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Glad to hear Ade back, would be nice to see Ireland bag a few tomorrow.

It sure would, but I would much prefer him to be nowhere near the starting 11 after his antics last weekend
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:37 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Glad to hear Ade back, would be nice to see Ireland bag a few tomorrow.

It sure would, but I would much prefer him to be nowhere near the starting 11 after his antics last weekend

Ditto!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:50 pm

great report Doug
good to hear Stevie putting a shift in in the last couple of days.

Any assessment of SWP's play in training.. ?
also were any of the reserves out with the group ? ..as most of the regulars had a game last night.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Slim wrote:

Then what was the filth seeing?

I think the filth was being the filth and trying to wind me up.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:16 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Ditto!

I think that's a bit cruel but I know what you mean. It's kind of strange that he doesn't seem to be able to do much in matches , can look a little lost and even doesnt appear to be giving it everything he has but in training I cannot fault him. I actually thought I was watching a player this week who was trying to show to his manager that is is in good nick and deserves to start. I don't think he will start but that's just waht I felt.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:20 pm

brite blu sky wrote:great report Doug

also were any of the reserves out with the group ? ..as most of the regulars had a game last night.

There were a couple of reserves doing a little today, Jack Redshaw and Chris Chantler who didn't play last night apart from a few minutes from CC. And the keeper Karius was out as well.

SWP was his normal self and I didn't see anything stand out from him apart from one superb dummy he threw which about 3 defenders bought. Looked in good spirits having a laugh at times.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:32 pm

brite blu sky wrote:great report Doug

There were a couple of reserves doing a little today, Jack Redshaw and Chris Chantler who didn't play last night apart from a few minutes from CC. And the keeper Karius was out as well.

SWP was his normal self and I didn't see anything stand out from him apart from one superb dummy he threw which about 3 defenders bought. Looked in good spirits having a laugh at times.

nice one about swp.
was just thinking about the bench for tomorrow and the fact the reserves played so.. obviously they dont need training but thought perhaps they might show up to be in the mix with the group for possible selection to the bench.
Cheers Doug
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby One cap Whitey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:37 pm

I got inside today. It was earlier on before training started unfortunately but had a walk up to the walled training pitch anyway.

I met the Doc and a couple of other guys from the club. One thing I got out of it is that they expect to move to the new place within 2 years. Its going to be huge as its a 30 acre site compared to 9 acres at Carrington. Sorry if you've mentioned that before Doug but I hadn't remembered seeing that.

They were loading the coach up with all the bags as I was leaving. The lads are all travelling down to London by train this afternoon though so not sure if the coach was for the trip to the station or if all kit and stuff has gone seperately.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Goataldo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Glad to hear a bit of okey cokey was thrown in. That's what it's all about, after all.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:36 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Glad to hear a bit of okey cokey was thrown in. That's what it's all about, after all.

Yeah, I was right - you look twice as old as you really are in your avatar chief :)
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:10 pm

One cap Whitey wrote:I got inside today. It was earlier on before training started unfortunately but had a walk up to the walled training pitch anyway.

I met the Doc and a couple of other guys from the club. One thing I got out of it is that they expect to move to the new place within 2 years. Its going to be huge as its a 30 acre site compared to 9 acres at Carrington. Sorry if you've mentioned that before Doug but I hadn't remembered seeing that.

They were loading the coach up with all the bags as I was leaving. The lads are all travelling down to London by train this afternoon though so not sure if the coach was for the trip to the station or if all kit and stuff has gone seperately.

Doug, you've been outshone twice in a week now. Lift your game mate. ;-)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:
uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Glad to hear a bit of okey cokey was thrown in. That's what it's all about, after all.

Yeah, I was right - you look twice as old as you really are in your avatar chief :)

you still vexed by the "punching above your weight" comment then?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:18 pm

dazby wrote:
One cap Whitey wrote:I got inside today. It was earlier on before training started unfortunately but had a walk up to the walled training pitch anyway.

Doug, you've been outshone twice in a week now. Lift your game mate. ;-)

You just stick to teaching those soft southerners a few things and have great birthday tomorrow. OCW is just another of my protogees :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Hm dunno if ade not training all week is a good thing. RSC?

And it sounds like ireland has always been amazing in training, I remember a few players coming out saying they were never surprised about his form last season. I think stevie even said that.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Goataldo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:41 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

you still vexed by the "punching above your weight" comment then?

Have to admit I do look a bit like Stevie Ireland and Richard Dunne's lovechild in the avatar, but it could be worse.

Not much tho...
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum