5 City players fined at Carrington

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

5 City players fined at Carrington

Postby shawzy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:23 am

Manchester City stars fined for 'too dark' window tints

Five Manchester City stars were fined by police who spotted their vehicles' tinted windows were too dark as they arrived at training.

Shay Given, Kolo Toure, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Patrick Vieira and Stephen Ireland were all given £30 fixed penalty notices on Wednesday.

They were caught out by police and the Vehicle Operator Services Agency (VOSA) at the Carrington complex car park.

Each player was told to wind down the offending window until it was fixed.

But it is believed club officials arranged for a company to come and correct the tints during training.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said the fines were handed out on Wednesday morning.

"An officer from GMP's Road Policing Unit, working with representatives from VOSA, stopped a number of cars on Carrington Lane, Trafford," a spokesman said.

"The cars were stopped and found to have illegally tinted windows.

"The drivers were issued with fixed penalty notices and prohibition notices."

A variety of companies can tint windows of vehicles to add privacy for the owner.

By law, front driver and passenger windows must allow 70% of light through and the windscreen 75%.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Re: 5 City players fined at Carrington

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:34 am

They'd earned the £30 in the time it took the Police to explain the Law to them.

Bet they've all been redone already.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:36 am

Blue Toy wrote:They'd earned the £30 in the time it took the Police to explain the Law to them.
Ha ha, that's what I thought.

What a fucking pointless exercise, have the police really not got better things to do with their time!?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Vhero » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:42 am

Just like the fact they probably park wherever they want as the fine is short change for them what a pointless fine really.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:43 am

King Kev wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:They'd earned the £30 in the time it took the Police to explain the Law to them.

What a fucking pointless exercise, have the police really not got better things to do with their time!?

it's not surprising...SWP has been shaded by AJ for a few months now, so clearly someone needed to drop the hammer on his ass.

I'm surprised that RSC wasn't ticketed as well...he's been left in the dark for a while now.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby shawzy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:46 am

Lol...Good one Doomie ;-/
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:41 pm

King Kev wrote:

cause they have,its called, let all fans out of coms at the same time, and then beat the crap out of city fans
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Cue streams of City fans moaning "Even the police are against us...."
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby edge275 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Health and safety bullshit.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby CityGer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:06 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Cue streams of City fans moaning "Even the police are against us...."

Oh, fucking shut up.

I've never known a Blue with such a low opinion of his own. All you do is mock, can't rememer the last time I saw you offer your view on something without mocking someone else. You're a sad case.

Belt up, cheer up and get a fucking life.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:24 pm

CityGer wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Cue streams of City fans moaning "Even the police are against us...."

Oh, fucking shut up.

I've never known a Blue with such a low opinion of his own. All you do is mock, can't rememer the last time I saw you offer your view on something without mocking someone else. You're a sad case.

Your character assassination attempts are pathetic and I'm not rising to your childish bait.

People here can see what a bully you are. I'd suggest next time you try and embarrass me do it in a PM so the rest of the board doesn't have to witness this shite.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby CityGer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:42 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Oh, fucking shut up.

Your character assassination attempts are pathetic and I'm not rising to your childish bait.

People here can see what a bully you are. I'd suggest next time you try and embarrass me do it in a PM so the rest of the board doesn't have to witness this shite.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Dameerto » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:48 pm

They do things like this every now and then when they get a bit short of funds - once in a while they'll go along our street when it's dark and give everyone an on-the-spot fine if they're parked with their lights off and facing oncoming traffic. I remember when they used to go out and catch criminals...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to The Maine Football forum