Shay Given's injury

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Shay Given's injury

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:12 pm

I would politely suggest to Birmingham that the chances of them getting Hart next season will be drastically reduced, practically nil even, if they do not choose to cancel his loan forthwith and send him home. I wonder if Arsenal stil think they can get him for 8 million quid. Dream on, you deluded fools.

That said, I am confident that Gunnar Neilsen can do the job we are to ask of him. i remember Paul SImpson coming in to the City team as a 17-year-old and carrying us over the line to promotion. Oh yes.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:17 pm

McLeish on Hart: "I don't see him going back to City before the end of the season."
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Blue Toy wrote:McLeish on Hart: "I don't see him going back to City before the end of the season."

well he can just fuck right off then.

Joe Hart on loan to West Brom next year?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:21 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:McLeish on Hart: "I don't see him going back to City before the end of the season."

Joe Hart at City next year?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Andy, lincs » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

Joe Hart at City next year?

This is the most likely prospect I would think. If Shay's injury is a pure dislocation the chances of it happening again become much higher, especially in regard to him playing in goal. I would think if Shay gets his fitness back over the summer, in the likely event that he will miss the rest of the season, then it will be a straight fight between him and Joe for No 1.
Living like I'll die tomorrow, farming like I'll live forever.
Andy, lincs
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Well if we can't call our own player back and we've got a guy whose experience consists of a loan spell at Wrexham and the faroe islands then I don't know what a fucking emergency is.

He's our player and we need him back because it could cost us the champions league. Given is a top top keeper and we need a top keeper for these games.

When do we know for sure what the situation is, or has it been confirmed that we can't call him back?
Original Dub

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Joe will be here next season no doubt about it, can't see City leting him out on loan again. Taylor will be gone in the summer and there's no saying Given will be fit for the start of next season so Birmingham can fuck right off if they think there getting Joe on loan.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:51 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Joe will be here next season no doubt about it, can't see City leting him out on loan again. Taylor will be gone in the summer and there's no saying Given will be fit for the start of next season so Birmingham can fuck right off if they think there getting Joe on loan.

This. I hope to god that this was a warning sign to whoever makes these decisions. If this had happened to Given earlier in the season we would have been well and truly fucked, it's bad enough as it is.

And from what I read so far this is not the first time Given has problems with his shoulder and apparently it's quite a nasty injury for goalkeepers to recover from. Also, didn't someone say that once you dislocated your shoulder once it can happen again really easily?

We have GOT to keep Joe Hart now. And Alex McLeish can fuck right off the horrible ginger cunt.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:00 pm

By the way:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php

This site has been very reliable in the past, they list Given to be out until October 10th.... I think it should be a no brainer now that Hart will be our Number 1 next season.
avoidconfusion

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:21 pm

If this ensures that Joe comes back to us it could end up being a blessing in disguise.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:25 pm

King Kev wrote:If this ensures that Joe comes back to us it could end up being a blessing in disguise.

Have to agree there. Terrible for Given but if that means we get Joe Hart back to be our Number 1 it would indeed be a blessing in disguise.
avoidconfusion

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:08 pm

As much as I would love Hart to comeback, realistically it ain't happening. So with that in mind has City appealed to the FA for an emergency keeper loan? Regardless, how does that work? Must the player be in England, but not in the top flight? Can we get one from anywhere in the world? I would suspect there are many teams that have secured their positions for next season in other European leagues that would gladly take the sheik's money to loan us a top flight keeper for a month....
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Florida Blue wrote:As much as I would love Hart to comeback, realistically it ain't happening. So with that in mind has City appealed to the FA for an emergency keeper loan? Regardless, how does that work? Must the player be in England, but not in the top flight? Can we get one from anywhere in the world? I would suspect there are many teams that have secured their positions for next season in other European leagues that would gladly take the sheik's money to loan us a top flight keeper for a month....

So, choice.

a. a Romanian keeper who can't speak English or communicate with his defenders, who, incidentally, he has never met before, let alone played football with.

b. ben foster or similar who is second or third choice at his club for a reason - namely that he is shit - because let's be frank, no club in their right mind is going to let us have their first choice keeper. Nor should they be allowed to.

c. your reserve keeper.

d. David James? How much would Portsmouth want? ;-)
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:36 pm

I don't think we would be allowed to get another Premier League goalkeeper, would we?
avoidconfusion

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:As much as I would love Hart to comeback, realistically it ain't happening. So with that in mind has City appealed to the FA for an emergency keeper loan? Regardless, how does that work? Must the player be in England, but not in the top flight? Can we get one from anywhere in the world? I would suspect there are many teams that have secured their positions for next season in other European leagues that would gladly take the sheik's money to loan us a top flight keeper for a month....

So, choice.

a. a Romanian keeper who can't speak English or communicate with his defenders, who, incidentally, he has never met before, let alone played football with.

b. ben foster or similar who is second or third choice at his club for a reason - namely that he is shit - because let's be frank, no club in their right mind is going to let us have their first choice keeper. Nor should they be allowed to.

c. your reserve keeper.

d. David James? How much would Portsmouth want? ;-)

I am pretty sure Casey Keller speaks English still ;)

No I really get your points, but I am more concerned about cover for Gunnar as much as getting a top keeper.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:05 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I don't think we would be allowed to get another Premier League goalkeeper, would we?

I am certain you are right. Newcastle has clinched, who is their keeper? lol
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:14 pm

Getting Hart back between the sticks would be a lift I feel. An excellent keeper whose is great form. His return would lift the fans and bring some positivity back to a grim situation.

Having the Faroe Islands number 2 between the sticks fills me with no confidence and whilst he could always become a hero, the liklihood is he will not. Sorry Gunnar.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Spurge » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Grob wrote:Getting Hart back between the sticks would be a lift I feel. An excellent keeper whose is great form. His return would lift the fans and bring some positivity back to a grim situation.

Having the Faroe Islands number 2 between the sticks fills me with no confidence and whilst he could always become a hero, the liklihood is he will not. Sorry Gunnar.

Look at it this way, if we have Gunnar in goal for the remaining 3 matches then suely Mancini will play to our strenghts and go for a win in each of them, it's the best protection for him and our defence.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Exiled » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:31 pm

As far as I can see, Gunnar has been training with the 1st team and defence for a while. So although it doesn't fill me with much confidence, I would choose to have him in goals for the final games rather than trying to find someone who has no idea what wavelength our defence is on.

If possible, get a reserve goalie from somewhere for cover.

Keep the faith.
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Gunnar is going to be a good keeper. However, he is nowhere near the same class as Shay. It is a major step down and we need to resolve this if we are are to have any chance of the Chumps League.

Gunnar makes some good saves but lacks the balance, positioning and reflexes that Shay has. Gunnar deflects a ball for a corner. Shay catches the ball. In training there is a noticable difference. Lorik is another major step down from Gunnar.

If Gunnar gets the nod and puts in the performances it would be absolutely brilliant. However, it's akin to having John Macken as our key striker for the run it.

(Gunnar, if you are reading this please please please prove me wrong.)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum